• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team ain't going far.

Plainview1981

Sorry folks, but no playoff run.

Outside of Joe, Josh, Al and Jamal this team is full of dead weight. The bench didn't much playing time tonight because they sucked when they were in there. You can't win in the playoffs with only 3 or 4 productive players and having 2 starters who give you next to nothing. Add that on top of the mediocre coaching and you got a team that can't go far in the playoffs. You can blame the decline of Bibby and Mo Evans for a lot of the teams problems and I would include Marvin in there since his play his regressed just like I thought it would. The addition of Crawford has made Marvin even less aggressive. I know you can't expect 20PPG for him, but in a game like tonight when Crawford was strugging with an injury and Joe was having an off night it would have been good to see him step up. Instead, he turns the ball over and gets severely outplayed by a 38 year old broken down Grant Hill AGAIN. Just like Grant lit him up in Atlanta. After Joe, Al, Jamal and Josh there is a severe drop off in play for this team. It's really amazing how little the rest of the team contributes. Tonight, only Josh had a good game and we see the results. None of the role players step up when some of the starters are having an off game.

Who was it that said this team doesn't have any holes again? Try the bench, PG and SF spots. You will see plenty of holes there. Bibby, Marvin and Mo should feel embarrassed by the poor play they give night in and night out.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

People will overreact to this thread, but I do agree that there is a lot of dead weight outside the Big 4.

How can they overract? Over half the team isn't producing. That's a major problem. Evans and Bibby aren't even playin half as good as they did last year. It's the same thing from back when nobody was producing other than Mookie, Smitty, Deke and Christian and the bench was fully of guys like Caddy Anderson, Priest Lauderdale, Ed Gray and Jon Barry. Oh, and Marvin has his token 8-10 points that don't impact the game pretty much the same way Corbin didn't impact the game when he was the starting SF.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Orlando lost to Charlotte tonite also. Is that the end of their season also?

It's just one game.

Bibby/Mo/Marvin and the rest of the bench has sucked all season and they will suck against Utah and likely the rest of the season and playoffs also. You should remove Bibby from your picture there and insert Craw and then you basically have the entire Hawks team cause everyone else sucks.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

In case you haven't noticed, the Magic have the same problem, 2 starters that are trash.

Vince Carter having the worst season of his career, and Matt Barnes still chucking too many threes and refusing to play defense. Orlando got 6 points from their bench tonight on 3-19 shooting, and outside of Dwight, their whole team is inconsistent... We are 2 games out of the #2 seed, stop overreacting again.

Wait a minute Hots, Joe Smith played well last night, well better than he has most games this season. Woody dgave him token minutes in the 2nd half of the game. I know playing Joe Smith wouldn't necessarily have determined the outcome of the game but at least it would have brought some energy to the game in the 2nd half. I would have played Joe SMith and Mario West some in the 2nd half since those 2 bring energy. Woody acts like he can only play his starters when the game is "tight" even if most of his starters are playing like crap. Heck Mario should have been in for Bibby and Joe Smith could have gotten some of Marvin's minutes in the 2nd half.

Edited by Blunt91

Sorry folks, but no playoff run.

Outside of Joe, Josh, Al and Jamal this team is full of dead weight. The bench didn't much playing time tonight because they sucked when they were in there. You can't win in the playoffs with only 3 or 4 productive players and having 2 starters who give you next to nothing. Add that on top of the mediocre coaching and you got a team that can't go far in the playoffs. You can blame the decline of Bibby and Mo Evans for a lot of the teams problems and I would include Marvin in there since his play his regressed just like I thought it would. The addition of Crawford has made Marvin even less aggressive. I know you can't expect 20PPG for him, but in a game like tonight when Crawford was strugging with an injury and Joe was having an off night it would have been good to see him step up. Instead, he turns the ball over and gets severely outplayed by a 38 year old broken down Grant Hill AGAIN. Just like Grant lit him up in Atlanta. After Joe, Al, Jamal and Josh there is a severe drop off in play for this team. It's really amazing how little the rest of the team contributes. Tonight, only Josh had a good game and we see the results. None of the role players step up when some of the starters are having an off game.

Who was it that said this team doesn't have any holes again? Try the bench, PG and SF spots. You will see plenty of holes there. Bibby, Marvin and Mo should feel embarrassed by the poor play they give night in and night out.

I always liked your honesty.

I disagree, every team has periods where nothing working. The problem with the Hawks is there's no Kobe or Bron to carry them all by himself. That's the only MAJOR problem I have with the Hawks.

I disagree, every team has periods where nothing working. The problem with the Hawks is there's no Kobe or Bron to carry them all by himself. That's the only MAJOR problem I have with the Hawks.

I believe Jamal could carry the team. Josh Smith can be dominant at times with his defense. Joe Johnson gets the team fired up often! (Just kidding about Johnson.)

I always liked your honesty.

I wonder why he is honest only when Hawks lose.

Cleveland lost to a worse team last night & lost at home the night before. Lakers lost at home on Thursday. Orlando lost at home to a team that has several new players.

It is not easy to beat motivated teams at home.

I think the double team help and defensive rotation is noticably better after the all star break.

I thought Crawford's injury will be a major problem for a few weeks, but he seems to have adjusted well in the 2nd half.

Horford sat out with 2 fouls for tooooooooooo long and that took him out of his rhythm.

Marvin absolutely sucked & played like a drunk sailor but somehow he had +7 in his 34 minutes - best in the team. In the 14 minutes he sat, Hawks went -15. He must have done something we didn't notice.

Even Kobe/LeBron lose 20 or so games a year. Where was Kobe without Gasol? Even Zen master couldn't help him enough.

I wonder why he is honest only when Hawks lose.

Cleveland lost to a worse team last night & lost at home the night before. Lakers lost at home on Thursday. Orlando lost at home to a team that has several new players.

It is not easy to beat motivated teams at home.

I think the double team help and defensive rotation is noticably better after the all star break.

I thought Crawford's injury will be a major problem for a few weeks, but he seems to have adjusted well in the 2nd half.

Horford sat out with 2 fouls for tooooooooooo long and that took him out of his rhythm.

Marvin absolutely sucked & played like a drunk sailor but somehow he had +7 in his 34 minutes - best in the team. In the 14 minutes he sat, Hawks went -15. He must have done something we didn't notice.

These same guys usually suck no matter if the team wins or not. Why don't you tell me what Marvin did so well last night.

The bench other than Jamal has only had like 15 games of scoring double figures between them. The lack of offensive productivity outside of Jamal is amazing.

Oh god, Cleveland lost 2 games.... That means the Hawks weaknesses don't exists.. Btw, these teams have also had a lot more injury problems than the Hawks and STILL have a better record.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

...Marvin absolutely sucked & played like a drunk sailor but somehow he had +7 in his 34 minutes - best in the team. In the 14 minutes he sat, Hawks went -15. He must have done something we didn't notice.

Well Marvin going 2-5 from the field with 2 boards in 33+ minutes must have been key to that +7 stat (no offense-sarcasm). Really, the +/- stat doesn't usually mean much for Marvin since it's basically based on how the other 4 guys do while he's in the game.

Too many low effort plays by Marvin last night. There was the long rebound that he just let Nash have early, the momentum killer when Smoove made an awesome block on Lopez to start a fast break which ended with Marvin losing the ball out of bounds near the basket, the late inbounds pass to Nash, and other less obvious plays. Can't blame it all on Marvin but he sure gets a full share.

By the way - I was gonna ask in chat last night "did Dragic just pass that ball to the cutter between Bibby's legs?"...but I was putting mustard on my corndog at the time. Just saw the ESPN replay and sure enough it was a bounce pass right between his legs for the dunk assist. I realize these things happen but that had to be embarrassing for Bibs.