• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've watched my last Hawks game of the season

Admin

It's been a while since I have seen someone get as outcoached as Woodson was tonight. Also, his on the court Technical was beyond f***ing retarded.

Yeah that was BS...he wasn't actually on the court when Kidd touched him; and that could happen to any coach on any night....it was total BS by the reffing crew and they realize it right now....but Woodson is an idiot, although it has noithing to do with that play.

The players don't care enough to finish games and the coach isn't smart enough to try something new when things start going bad and I've had it, I could care less whether they win another game this year.

Don't be emotional. No you haven't. :conversation:

I didn't watch the game tonight cause i was busy but it seems as though i shouldn't watch the game. Seems like woodson got outcoached BADLY! JJ wasnt effective in 4th and overtime, Kidd and Haywood WAXED Bibby and Horfords *ss. Marvin should of played down the stretch and Smith had a really good game. Oh, we also blew a 13 point lead AGAIN in the 4th.

This team needs to get its s*** together. Woodson is an Dumby.

Edit: Just saw it on espn sportscenter. Kidd and Dirk was ballin. Woody was on the floor. I hope this proves woodson is and bad coach.

Edited by hoodstar

I didn't watch the game tonight cause i was busy but it seems as though i shouldn't watch the game. Seems like woodson got outcoached BADLY! JJ wasnt effective in 4th and overtime, Kidd and Haywood WAXED Bibby and Horfords *ss. Marvin should of played down the stretch and Smith had a really good game. Oh, we also blew a 13 point lead AGAIN in the 4th.

This team needs to get its s*** together. Woodson is an Dumby.

Edit: Just saw it on espn sportscenter. Kidd and Dirk was ballin. Woody was on the floor. I hope this proves woodson is and bad coach.

When Kidd made contact Woody was not on the floor; use your eyes don't listen to ESPN. That's why Kidd had to reach out and hit woodson with his arm because Woody made it off the court.

This really did not have much affect on the game; but I hate the refs let s*** like this happen and fans listen to ESPN and announcers who want to pretend like Kidd is so smart, when he really screwed up and it should have been a turnover.

Woody even said after the game, he watched the tape and it thought he was off the floor.

Woody should have been gone a long time ago; and there is a reason why he has not been extended. But he shouldn't feel bad about that BS play

The GS and Dal games this week made me literally sick for awhile, but I'm not going to say I'm done watching this team play for the season when I've seen them literally pack it in after suffering a run like Dallas put on them in the first half and just get blown out in years past. This team is talented enough to build large second half leads on teams like Cleveland and Dallas. The fact that they're not mature enough to close those types of teams out does not mean they're not worth watching.

I really feel coaching is the #1 problem with this team. I don't know if the owners have the sack to sack Woody if this team has an uninspiring exit from the postseason, but if they do, and they tap a coach with an actual offensive philosophy, it might be the thing that gets JJ to resign and puts us on a track to do better than just make the playoffs.

Jamal was cold. Jason Kidd, whose name factors heavily in NBA record books, had a career game. Can you say kneejerk? Where's the shame in losing to an awesome franchise who has been to the Finals, and swept out of the first round with the #1 seed? Peaks and Valleys people. Woody got outcoached? So would 90% of Rick Carlisle's counterparts. We handed the Jazz a defeat earlier that I wouldn't wish on anyone, and swept the Celtics. They're fine. Business will carry on in the NBA. A win against the Bucks and you guys won't remember this. Everyone should realize by now that, with all teams healthy, we're firmly number 4 in the East. These aren't the 72-10 Bulls here.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Jamal was cold. Jason Kidd, whose name factors heavily in NBA record books, had a career game. Can you say kneejerk? Where's the shame in losing to an awesome franchise who has been to the Finals, and swept out of the first round with the #1 seed? Peaks and Valleys people. Woody got outcoached? So would 90% of Rick Carlisle's counterparts. We handed the Jazz a defeat earlier that I wouldn't wish on anyone, and swept the Celtics. They're fine. Business will carry on in the NBA. A win against the Bucks and you guys won't remember this. Everyone should realize by now that, with all teams healthy, we're firmly number 4 in the East. These aren't the 72-10 Bulls here.

It seems like an opposing player always has a career game versus the hawks.

That's what I get for watching the game after having a bit to drink last night. Of course I'd never stop watching the Hawks but wow I was pretty damn sick to my stomach after that game last night and on top of the Golden State game still fresh on my mind. Anyways sorry for this ridiculous emotional thread but I think we're all entitled to getting that way once in a while ... right? :kickcan:

LOL. I was like . . OK . . is that really Dolfan?

Definitely a bad loss last night. I'm at a college b-ball tournament in Charlotte ( lol . . actually, I'm doing a lot of partying ), and I was in my hotel room watching that game. I told the guys in the chat that if we lost the lead, I wasn't going to watch that entire game. That means I didn't see the Kidd - Woody incident live. I left the chat when our lead went from like 13 points to 7 points. I kind of saw the run coming, because at that point, JJ had missed his last 3 shots, and Crawford and Horford weren't playing well offensively at all. By the time I put on my coat to leave the hotel room, we were were only up 1. I was like . . . "here we go again . . let me get the hell outta here."

Luckily, you can always count on intoxicated fine women to take your mind off of things. Now I'm watching Chile earthquake coverage on CNN. Kind of puts the Hawks collapse in perspective.

Oh . . and as for that Kidd play . . that was the most bush league play I've ever seen in my life ( seen the highlights on Sportscenter ). For anybody defending Kidd, or calling that a good veteran move, you really need to watch that play again. I mean, who in the hell does that at a critical junction in a game? If the refs would've done what they should've done, and that's give Kidd a TECHNICAL FOUL instead of Woody, then Kidd would've gotten blasted for costing the Mavs that game.

Coaches are out on the floor all the time. And Woody had got off the floor by the time Kidd gave him a forearm. LOL . . it is what it is though. The Hawks will never get the benefit of the doubt in situations like that.

Definitely a bad loss . . . and we have a hot Milwaukee team coming to ATL. I'll leave Charlotte Sunday morning and drive to ATL to be at that game, before returning to TN. Hawks just need to get that win back.

Edited by northcyde

...This team is talented enough to build large second half leads on teams like Cleveland and Dallas. The fact that they're not mature enough to close those types of teams out does not mean they're not worth watching. ...

Yeah FW, it was actually a VERY entertaining game to watch (except for that OT)...some were calling it "Epic" in the chatroom. We came out and got an early lead with Smoove running, dunking, and stealing the ball. Then they go on a 20-1 run while we do the team Teague thing (combined 0-15 shooting at one point). Then, just when it looked like we were gonna get smoked we go on a 25-6 run and tie the game at the half! The second half was just as good plus we had the Woody/Kidd controversy. If the clock had broke in the fourth quarter and we would have won in OT it would have been the perfect game.

I do hope Woody learns something from this game though about making the guys pass more on offense and works on ways to break down a zone. Guarranteed we see more zones after this game.

It's funny how often players have career or season highs against this team... Gee, I wonder why. They're only 15-10 in the last 25 games... Which is pretty laughable for a so called "good team".

Furthermore, they likely would have lost the Utah game had Williams played. After all, they BARELY won anyway.

They blow lead after lead... But somehow thei're fine? lol

The only real reason this team has even as many wins as they have is because they're young and athletic and outlast some teams. Even it wins they only really play well in little spurts.

This team always plays a dangerous game of leaving shooters open and they just hope the other team misses. When they do, the Hawks look like a defensive team.. When the other team starts making shots the Hawks are screwed. really, this team got the lead only because Dallas was missing shots... When Dallas started making shots the Hawks were clueless in stopping them. This might be the most flawed team I've ever seen that is 15 games over .500 and I was a complete moron for calling them underachievers earlier this season. The holes in this team are enormous.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Yeah exactly. I think we're all holding the hawks to much higher standards than we should.

Hawks are #4 in the East, even at full health throughout the season. I hate to say it, but I feel like we've kind of peaked at this point unless some roster changes are made. Getting Z would be an example.

LOL. I was like . . OK . . is that really Dolfan?

It also didn't help that I was at a bar watching the game on the big screen with a ton of Mavericks fans watching also and me being the only Hawks fan so combine that with the beer and the pitiful loss to Golden State and that was just too much for me. It's the first time I can ever remember being that pissed at the Hawks to the point where I wouldn't want to watch another minute of them playing.