• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For peeps sake Woody, why not shake the lineup up?

MVP23

We've had the same exact lineup since Bibby got here 2 and half years ago. The lineup works fine, but do you think Woody do experiment down the stretch if the playoffs and our seed is wrapped up?..Even if it isn't it wouldn't hurt as everyone would still get their mins.

• Like 1

Only move I would make is moving Mo into the starting lineup and Marvin to the bench. Lets face it you cant run your offense through nobody on that bench except Crawford. And for some reason Woody loves to have all the bench players in there at one time. So why not move Marvin to the bench? Think about it he is not going to get many touches with the starters because of Joe, Josh and Al. So he wont get many touches with the first unit. ZaZa scares me whenever he tries to post up. Joe Smith and Mo Evens are no more than spot up shooters. And Teague still cant finish at the rim or set up his teammates. So you only have Crawford. With Marvin at least he can post up and get to the line. You can run your offense through him. You cant say the same about the bench except Crawford.

So I would put Mo with the first unit I dont think you lose much because Mo can hit a spot up jumper and play defense. But you add more production to the bench because you know have another guy you can go to in Marvin. He will still get minutes and get more opportunities.

Continuity is something that works in the Hawks favor. Unless there is an injury to a starter there is no chance that the starting lineup changes.

Exactly.

If anything, if there is no chance that our playoff seeding will change, you'll see Woody either rest Bibby for the final few games . . . or simply coach it like a preseason game, and play the starters a set number of minutes, to keep them ready.

We're in a playoff race now. No way that you tinker with that starting lineup, unless Bibby can't go at all.

And it's "for Pete's sake" . . . not peeps . . lol

• Premium Member

Testing : Nique for coach, years to come?

ASG better be prepared to hire a translator.

Exactly.

If anything, if there is no chance that our playoff seeding will change, you'll see Woody either rest Bibby for the final few games . . . or simply coach it like a preseason game, and play the starters a set number of minutes, to keep them ready.

We're in a playoff race now. No way that you tinker with that starting lineup, unless Bibby can't go at all.

And it's "for Pete's sake" . . . not peeps . . lol

Maybe Woody's peeps are the one's telling him not to play Teague.

Dallas just gaVe Kidd the night ofF. I am curious as to how that conversation went. I doubt Kidd would ask for the night off. I wonder how Minny feels that Dallas took them so lightly that they just decide to rest Kidd.

For those of you who don't speak jive (Airplane reference) peeps is short for people ie friends. Needless to say MVP got a little confused.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

Did you guys not even bother reading the details? My god, I said at the end of the season, and just to see what works...everyone would still get their mins,

GUILTY!

Little-known fact: The "Pete" in "for Pete's sake" is actually Pete Incaviglia, retired journeyman outfielder for teams like the Texas Rangers.

Did you guys not even bother reading the details? My god, I said at the end of the season, and just to see what works...everyone would still get their mins,

Your title seems to show frustration that Woody hasn't tried a different lineup in the past. If that isn't what you were saying then why the "for peeps sake"?

We've had the same exact lineup since Bibby got here 2 and half years ago. The lineup works fine, but do you think Woody do experiment down the stretch if the playoffs and our seed is wrapped up?..Even if it isn't it wouldn't hurt as everyone would still get their mins.

yea maybe right before the playoffs start..only thing i would do different down the stretch is rest guys like Bibby and Joe Johnson maybe, and give the younger guys some more PT..that is unless we still have a chance to win the division then there should be no resting the starters because we should try to win the division. I wouldnt mind him giving Bibby a few games off down the stretch and increasing Teague's minutes..I can see that happening actually. Would be good for Bibby and Teague

Edited by TruJerz

GUILTY!

Little-known fact: The "Pete" in "for Pete's sake" is actually Pete Incaviglia, retired journeyman outfielder for teams like the Texas Rangers.

Ohhh.....well..thats makes sense.

• Premium Member

You can tell a Marvin fan when you read one.

You know...

"Let's change the lineup to put less effective guys in... Everybody will still get their mins..."

"Let's crush a good dynamic to see what else we have."