• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's pretty clear this team is only good at beating injured teams.

Plainview1981

Off the top of my head, we beat Portland twice before their injuries started killing them, Boston before KG went down, Utah, Memphis, Toronto twice, Miami, and Dallas. All have winning records, and all were at full strength.

And not incidentally, virtually every team in the league has at least one rotation player either out or playing hurt at any given time. So your post is a load of crap in two ways. Actually in way more ways than that, but let's just start with those.

And yes, you are a troll.

Why do people keep forgetting the Milwaukee game just from the past week?

Maybe because their leading scorer was out.

Are you talking about Redd? If he was healthy they wouldn't have had Salmons and Redd definitely wouldn't have played as well. He's no longer a good player and most Milwaukee fans hate him.

You are new here, let me clue you in: Hotlanta is a troll that only posts when the Hawks lose. He's not even smart enough to post a few times after we win to try and give his troll posts more "cred" when he does go Negative Nancy.

Yeah him an Ex love to make excuses for a Hawks WIN. Nothing like a fan that complains about team success. Back to Hotlanta's point, this exactly why we are the 4th seed and not the first seed. We have flaws. The team is growing. We couldn't win road games last year. The year before that we couldn't beat teams we were supposed to beat. etc. Next year hopefully we make the jump and start beating the good "healthy" teams consistently. But, honestly if we win 50 or + games this year there isn't a whole heck of a lot of room for us to grow. We can't go undefeated.

Yeah him an Ex love to make excuses for a Hawks WIN.

Please point out one instance when i used an excuse for a Hawks win, prefferably with a link. I think you just like to make stuff up because you are incapable of making a coherent argument.

Edited by exodus

And Redd isn't their leading scorer anyway. In the games that he did play in this year, he only averaged 12 ppg.

I guess people feel like Milwaukee needs to be mentioned, because we're the only team that has beaten them in the last 10 games. And they're 12 - 3 in their last 15 games.

LOL sure. If JJ had played in only a handful of games this year due to injury i seriously doubt you woudlnt still consider the him the Hawks leading scorer.

Redd has averaged over 20 ppg for the last 6 seasons. Salmons was a garbage can with the Bulls. Our defense just made him look like an All-Star just like with Nate, Curry, etc.

This year the Hawks starters + Crawford have missed a combined total of 2 games. That is tied for the best mark in the league. The injury factor has been overwhelmingly in the Hawks favor this year.

Edited by exodus

Please point out one instance when i used an excuse for a Hawks win, prefferably with a link. I think you just like to make stuff up because you are incapable of making a coherent argument.

Every time the Hawks win, you say something about the other team being injured. Or was that not you who made threads about this all last year?

Every time the Hawks win, you say something about the other team being injured. Or was that not you who made threads about this all last year?

You say i do it every time. So where are your examples? Just like i said you don't have the mental capacity to make a coherent argument so you have to make stuff up. Or maybe you aren't able to figure out how to work the search function on this site.

And mentioning someones injury is a far cry from saying that is why the Hawks won, but obviously that would be too hard for you to grasp. You don't even know the meaning of the word excuse.

You say i do it every time. So where are your examples? Just like i said you don't have the mental capacity to make a coherent argument so you have to make stuff up. Or maybe you aren't able to figure out how to work the search function on this site.

And mentioning someones injury is a far cry from saying that is why the Hawks won, but obviously that would be too hard for you to grasp. You don't even know the meaning of the word excuse.

haha. I won't take the bait and make this personal. Just answer the question, have you not made a point of pointing out how injured the opposition was and how healthy the Hawks were when discussing wins? Also, if someone mentions that a key player for the Hawks is playing hurt or injured and unable to play don't you make big deal about the competitions injuries?

haha. I won't take the bait and make this personal. Just answer the question, have you not made a point of pointing out how injured the opposition was and how healthy the Hawks were when discussing wins? Also, if someone mentions that a key player for the Hawks is playing hurt or injured and unable to play don't you make big deal about the competitions injuries?

You make a BS claim about me making excuses after every win but then try to say you don't want to make it personal. Sure. I am still waiting for one example but i know you will never come up with one.

I saw you post earlier in the season that the Hawks suck so bad that they will be lucky to win 40 games. But i can't be bothered to find the post.

The last time i can remember even mentioning opponents injuries was after we beat Denver. Someone started a thread specifically asking why people weren't making a big deal about the win. He didn't see the game. I pointed out that it was probably because JR Smith and Kmart were out and they had to start Joey Graham and Rolando Balkman. Of course i didn't say that the reason the Hawks won was because those two were out but you take that to mean that i was making an exuse about the win and every other win the Hawks have had during the season. I am calling BS. You are full of it.

And do you remember what happened in Denver when JR actually played? He dropped 41 on us. He hasnt had a 30 pt game all year but got 41 against us. Salmons has 1 30 pt game this year and it was against us. Nate.... you get the idea.

Edited by exodus

You make a BS claim about me making excuses after every win but then try to say you don't want to make it personal. Sure. I am still waiting for one example but i know you will never come up with one.

I saw you post earlier in the season that the Hawks suck so bad that they will be lucky to win 40 games. But i can't be bothered to find the post.

The last time i can remember even mentioning opponents injuries was after we beat Denver. Someone started a thread specifically asking why people weren't making a big deal about the win. He didn't see the game. I pointed out that it was probably because JR Smith and Kmart were out and they had to start Joey Graham and Rolando Balkman. Of course i didn't say that the reason the Hawks won was because those two were out but you take that to mean that i was making an exuse about the win and every other win the Hawks have had during the season. I am calling BS. You are full of it.

And do you remember what happened in Denver when JR actually played? He dropped 41 on us. He hasnt had a 30 pt game all year but got 41 against us. Salmons has 1 30 pt game this year and it was against us. Nate.... you get the idea.

Dude, the whole thread about Hawks/Opponents injuries was made as a reference to your whining last year. I'm not going through post to prove a point you and I both know to be true.

Sure, I used a bit of hyperbole in my latter statement, but the original statement I stand by. You have made a point to downplay a Hawks win like you did with the Denver game. And you love to do it.

Dude, the whole thread about Hawks/Opponents injuries was made as a reference to your whining last year. I'm not going through post to prove a point you and I both know to be true.

Sure, I used a bit of hyperbole in my latter statement, but the original statement I stand by. You have made a point to downplay a Hawks win like you did with the Denver game. And you love to do it.

You said i mention injuries AFTER EVERY WIN.

Every time the Hawks win, you say something about the other team being injured.

THAT MAKES YOU A LIAR, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Last year over and over people were posting about how the Hawks record would be so much better if Smith hadn't been out two weeks or Horford hadn't been out. Finally i pointed out that you can't do that. If you are going to take into account the Hawks injuries you have to also look at the opponents injuries which were far more numerous. You can't look at one without the other.

This year the Hawks haven't had any notable injuries. Hence there haven't been people talking about how many more games the Hawks would have won if so and so hadn't been out. Therefore i haven't had reason to mention the countless injuries to our opponents.

Please quit with the dumb lies. If you don't have enough sense to make a coherent argument then shut up.

You said i mention injuries AFTER EVERY WIN.

THAT MAKES YOU A LIAR, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Last year over and over people were posting about how the Hawks record would be so much better if Smith hadn't been out two weeks or Horford hadn't been out. Finally i pointed out that you can't do that. If you are going to take into account the Hawks injuries you have to also look at the opponents injuries which were far more numerous. You can't look at one without the other.

This year the Hawks haven't had any notable injuries. Hence there haven't been people talking about how many more games the Hawks would have won if so and so hadn't been out. Therefore i haven't had reason to mention the countless injuries to our opponents.

Please quit with the dumb lies. If you don't have enough sense to make a coherent argument then shut up.

View Postsultanofatl, on 08 March 2010 - 07:43 PM, said:

Original statement. Quoted by you in your original response. But, don't play "uber intelligent guy" on the message board. It's a cliche and frankly you don't fit the requirements. People on this board are fans. We cheer for our team. You as a so called fan went out of the way to point out how many injuries the other team had when the Hawks beat them. Why? Just to be fair and balanced and put a damper on other posters acting like fans? No, I think you like doing so.

2 : to forgive entirely or disregard as of trivial import

that is what you have done when ranting about Hawks beating teams with injuries.

Off the top of my head, we beat Portland twice before their injuries started killing them, Boston before KG went down, Utah, Memphis, Toronto twice, Miami, and Dallas. All have winning records, and all were at full strength.

Memphis? Memphis? They're an average team at best. Miami is a .500 team and shall I remind you that they're 1-3 against them.

I'll give a nod to Portland, Boston and the first win over Utah. I'll give you that Toronto is an average team right now, but back in November they were 5 games under .500 and they got blown out like 5 times that month. We'll go ahead and count Dallas also since Howard has sucked this year anyway.

So yeah, there is a few.... But they're

0-3 against Orlando (all blow outs)

0-1 against LA (Blow out)

0-1 against SA (Blow out)

0-2 against Cleveland

1-1 against Denver

This team is a borderline top 10 team, but they're not close to being as consistent as the team they're trying to get to.

And not incidentally, virtually every team in the league has at least one rotation player either out or playing hurt at any given time. So your post is a load of crap in two ways.

That's true, but the struggles against healthy teams speaks for it's self.

And yes, you are a troll.

If I was going to troll I wouldn't pick the team with the least fan support in the league. Think about it. I admit that I've said some really bad things that I don't mean regarding the players. I've seen plenty of stuff that I deserved to be bashed for. But I'm not a troll. I've lost my mom, brother, uncle, niece and my dad is an alcoholic that is about to have his foot cut off because he don't care enough to take care of himself. I don't have a positive outlook on life. So yes, my posts are negative. I don't have much of a damn reason to be positive. Unless you have walked in my shoes or know me personally you or anyone else don't have much right to tell me I need to be more positive. Call me weak because life is kicking my *ss. Whatever, I don't care anymore. I don't come on the net with some phony "life is great" personality.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

View Postsultanofatl, on 08 March 2010 - 07:43 PM, said:

Original statement. Quoted by you in your original response. But, don't play "uber intelligent guy" on the message board. It's a cliche and frankly you don't fit the requirements. People on this board are fans. We cheer for our team. You as a so called fan went out of the way to point out how many injuries the other team had when the Hawks beat them. Why? Just to be fair and balanced and put a damper on other posters acting like fans? No, I think you like doing so.

2 : to forgive entirely or disregard as of trivial import

that is what you have done when ranting about Hawks beating teams with injuries.

And you have yet to point out ONE TIME when i made an excuse for a Hawks win. Hence you don't know the meaning of the word excuse or you are a liar. Very simple.

Why do people keep forgetting the Milwaukee game just from the past week?

Maybe because their leading scorer was out.

There you go again, right here in this thread. You're obsessed with injuries. No one mentioned the Hawks being injured here. You just had to chime in however. :beathorse:

Edited by sultanofatl

There you go again, right here in this thread. You're obsessed with injuries. No one mentioned the Hawks being injured here. You just had to chime in however. :beathorse:

Like i said you don't understand the meaning of the word excuse. That post is proof.

This thread is specifically about opponents injuries. I make a one comment post speculating as to why people don't mention the Bucks game and your feeble brain takes that to mean i am obsessed with injuries. If i am so obsessed where are the examples from the past few months?

You are obviously more obsessed than i am since you have to make up lies so you can pretend like you have an argument.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR ONE EXAMPLE OF WHEN I MADE AN EXCUSE FOR A HAWKS WIN. It shouldn't be hard for you to find one since according to you i love to do it.

Edited by exodus

Like i said you don't understand the meaning of the word excuse. That post is proof.

who are you Inigo Montoya? I know what excuse means.

:go ahead: You're the man. I give up. It is too hard to argue with such a dizzying intellect.