• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody concerns me...

DJlaysitup

I have little faith in the Woodster.

He always seems to be one step behind the curve as far as top NBA coaches go. I was very pleased that he subbed "decently" - not great - in the 1st half last night. The Joe Smith move in the first half worked out. Still we weren't exactly dominating score-wise after the Wade miracle shot to end the half. Guys like Wade do that stuff.

IMO we shot our wad in the third quarter. Craw bailed us out with some circus shots in the fourth - but our core was pooped. I don't know if we would have won anyway, but I would have liked to see Joe Smith getting decent minutes in the 2nd half too. Teagues DNP-CD was ridiculous IMHO, unless there is an injury/sickness that i don't know about.. Not giving marvin 4th QTR minutes was very odd also. I could go on-and-on about individual players' minutes but I won't.

I just think that Woody had a decent game plan at first but didn't impose his will in the 4th quarter. The guys were a bit pooped and went wild and that was exactly what MIA needed from us. We were going inside early and making our free throws...why stop?

P.S. - as much as I got excited about Craw matching Wade and Beaz there for awhile on long shots - I do think that Craw got us out of our rythmn, turned the ball over too many times, and contributed more to the loss than some others.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Woody looks lost a lot of the time and his substitution patterns, or lack thereof, have baffled me for a while now.

But much like Marvin, he is what he is; a cheap coach that the ASG can keep under their thumb.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I criticize Woody with some very choice words because a) I am not a coach and haven't played in the NBA and b) we are...winning. lol

But, the one thing I can say is that he does seem like a stubborn SOB. Calling timeouts, substitutions, and adjustments in general...and let's not forget that "the sh!t works©!" I don't think he'd shake the starting lineup even if he was held at gunpoint.

Woody is probably reading this right now, grumbling "To hell with the Squawk. The sh!t works."

I criticize Woody with some very choice words because a) I am not a coach and haven't played in the NBA and b) we are...winning. lol

But, the one thing I can say is that he does seem like a stubborn SOB. Calling timeouts, substitutions, and adjustments in general...and let's not forget that "the sh!t works©!" I don't think he'd shake the starting lineup even if he was held at gunpoint.

Woody is probably reading this right now, grumbling "To hell with the Squawk. The sh!t works."

RUN THE DANG ISO!

Edited by MVP23

• Premium Member

I have little faith in the Woodster.

He always seems to be one step behind the curve as far as top NBA coaches go. I was very pleased that he subbed "decently" - not great - in the 1st half last night. The Joe Smith move in the first half worked out. Still we weren't exactly dominating score-wise after the Wade miracle shot to end the half. Guys like Wade do that stuff.

IMO we shot our wad in the third quarter. Craw bailed us out with some circus shots in the fourth - but our core was pooped. I don't know if we would have won anyway, but I would have liked to see Joe Smith getting decent minutes in the 2nd half too. Teagues DNP-CD was ridiculous IMHO, unless there is an injury/sickness that i don't know about.. Not giving marvin 4th QTR minutes was very odd also. I could go on-and-on about individual players' minutes but I won't.

I just think that Woody had a decent game plan at first but didn't impose his will in the 4th quarter. The guys were a bit pooped and went wild and that was exactly what MIA needed from us. We were going inside early and making our free throws...why stop?

P.S. - as much as I got excited about Craw matching Wade and Beaz there for awhile on long shots - I do think that Craw got us out of our rythmn, turned the ball over too many times, and contributed more to the loss than some others.

Great post!

I was 1 second from posting a "Jamal is a chemistry killer" thread. Just go by the numbers. The Hawks offense goes down after Jamal enters the lineup. Why? Well I think it has to do with his shot selection and the fact that he plants a seed of 1-one-1 in the rest of the guys and that's all on Woody. Woody told Craw "I want you to be the best 6th-man in the NBA." Crawford is a scorer. Nine time out of ten a scorer sees that as a green light to do whatever. Yeah Jamal has been good but Jamal's effect on the rest of the team has been bad.

Horford did not get enough touches. Not enough inside out basketball from the Hawks vs. a fairly small front line.

The team did not out - rebound the Heat like they should have. However, ZaZa did an excellent job with 8 rebounds in 13 minuntes.

We just looked sluggish and ran out of gas as the 2nd half wore on.............typical of the 2nd of back to back games.

Q- Rich visited the fountain of youth.

We had a tough loss and Boston just had a tough win to make it hurt all the more. Got to come out with energy vs. the fast paced Knicks tonight. Hope the team got their rest and get the spring back in their legs.

• Premium Member

Woody looks lost a lot of the time and his substitution patterns, or lack thereof, have baffled me for a while now.

But much like Marvin, he is what he is; a cheap coach that the ASG can keep under their thumb.

Agree with everything said.

Horford did not get enough touches. Not enough inside out basketball from the Hawks vs. a fairly small front line.

The team did not out - rebound the Heat like they should have. However, ZaZa did an excellent job with 8 rebounds in 13 minuntes.

We just looked sluggish and ran out of gas as the 2nd half wore on.............typical of the 2nd of back to back games.

Q- Rich visited the fountain of youth.

We had a tough loss and Boston just had a tough win to make it hurt all the more. Got to come out with energy vs. the fast paced Knicks tonight. Hope the team got their rest and get the spring back in their legs.

They need to do more inside-out game with Horford for sure. It seems like they did it more in the 1st half of the season and then went away from it. It gives us more options when the perimiter shots aren't falling.

Horford's FG% has been great from day one and I keep wondering why Woody doesn't figure out how to give this guy more touches. I think Horford would get 20 points a night if allowed to take at least 15 shots.

When they went to the zone, I guess Woody was putting in the lineup that would most likely be able to make shots against that zone. And our best 5-man lineup does consist of the Bibby-Crawford-Johnson trio. But if Bibby doesn't shoot, it kind of nullifies that lineup.

Going into the 4th quarter, Marvin was 0 - 3 FG and 6 - 6 FT. So his major asset would've been his defense and rebounding in the 4th, if he wasn't going to shoot either.

JJ and Smoove went the entire way in the 4th. I would guess though, that the 10 - 15 minute break clock situation had something to do with that. Technically, the got "actual rest", but not "game rest".

If Joe Smith could go, that would really be the only thing I could question Woody on last night. At least put him back in the game to see if he can pick up where he left off. With Zaza and Evans being basically useless in the 2nd half, maybe you cut Zaza's minutes, get Smith back into the game, and give Horford a little less of a break.

They gave us open shots in that game, and we didn't hit them. JJ can't miss 12 of 15 shots in a half, and us expect to win. If he even goes 6 - 15 instead of 3 - 15, we win that game.

Great post!

I was 1 second from posting a "Jamal is a chemistry killer" thread. Just go by the numbers. The Hawks offense goes down after Jamal enters the lineup. Why? Well I think it has to do with his shot selection and the fact that he plants a seed of 1-one-1 in the rest of the guys and that's all on Woody. Woody told Craw "I want you to be the best 6th-man in the NBA." Crawford is a scorer. Nine time out of ten a scorer sees that as a green light to do whatever. Yeah Jamal has been good but Jamal's effect on the rest of the team has been bad.

yeah its Jamals fault roflmao . Im not even going to go into now because Im watching the game . But I cant belive anyone who watched this team would say Crawford is a chemistry killer