• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund is the reason Joe is leaving...

MVP23

The Cavs have done whatever they could to keep Lebron in Cleveland. The Heat (although unsuccessful) have done everything they can to keep Wade in Miami. What have we done?...Jamal Crawford? Joe Smith? I said it back at the deadline that not only did we need another player to contend this year, we need him for the next 3 years to keep Joe. I understand you guys.....we didn't really have anybody to move, but thats why he is a NBA GM!! Be creative! Your "franchise" player hangs in the balance.

I hope everyone enjoys the 42-40 season next year.

Trade Al or Smoove? How many times have I said these guys are untouchable? (just 5 mins ago in another thread actually) Marvin, Mo, Zaza,..anybody but our core. And not only to please Joe, but to win.

If it means a better shot of a parade down Peachtree Street with Josh Smith clutching the Larry O'Brien trophy, I'm in favor of trading ANYONE ON THE ROSTER. No one is bulletproof, save for Smith and Horford and I'm not in favor of JJ leaving without getting something significant back (and sorry, cap space don't count). As for the rest of them, well....

Trade Al or Smoove? How many times have I said these guys are untouchable? (just 5 mins ago in another thread actually) Marvin, Mo, Zaza,..anybody but our core. And not only to please Joe, but to win.

LOL @ anyone trading a star player for anyone on our roster outside of Al or Smoove

ahhhh... the frustration of internet message boards.

• Premium Member

Star Player?...hardly..

Then seriously, what the hell were you talking about when you started this thread? What did you want Sund to do?

I don't think you got what gsuteke was saying.....

You're not going to get anyone of value that would make Joe stay unless you trade Horford or Smoove.

The Wizards traded Jamison for trash....we have plenty of trash.

• Premium Member

The Wizards wanted out of several contracts and Dallas and Cleveland had bad contracts to match. We didn't. There's this thing called the CBA you might want to check out before you blame the GM for not making trades you can make in NBA 2K10 with the salary cap off and the CPU override trades toggle on.

• Like 3

The Cavs have done whatever they could to keep Lebron in Cleveland. The Heat (although unsuccessful) have done everything they can to keep Wade in Miami. What have we done?...Jamal Crawford? Joe Smith? I said it back at the deadline that not only did we need another player to contend this year, we need him for the next 3 years to keep Joe. I understand you guys.....we didn't really have anybody to move, but thats why he is a NBA GM!! Be creative! Your "franchise" player hangs in the balance.

Sadly, that 42-40 team next year will prolly go just as far in the playoffs as this year's team will.

Nothing is decided during the regular season; it all comes down to the playoffs.

If Joe looks silly in the playoffs and we have an early exit then he probably will leave.

The question is could a JJ lead good Hawks team beat any Lebron or Dwight team in the playoffs in any year?

And just what has Miami done to keep Wade?

Atlanta has a great core, just no superstars. No one was on the market that would get us that without giving too much. I don't see your point MVP23.

getting Jamal Crawford was a big move..Sund may have pulled off the best trade of the offseason. He is the best newcomer to any team. I think Sund done all he can without breaking up the team. He went after Big Z, doesnt look like it will happen but Sund is doing the right things IMO even if JJ leaves I think Sund will look to make a move that will help the team for the lost of an all star. The Jamal Crawford trade could of been some insurance for JJ possibly moving..who knows..but Sund is no fool IMO. I like what he's done

The Wizards traded Jamison and Gooden for an big expiring contract, a pick, a euro wing, and a young sf...that is far from being trash. There is nothing that the hawks could have offered that would have come close to that. since the Wizards wanted to get rid of salary.

1st off comparing us to the Cavs is ridiculous. The Cavs owners are more willing to open up their checkbooks whereas our owners are very stingy. LeBron is more willing to stay in Cleveland also because he is a homegrown product. JJ is only looking for the most money. That was evident after he rejected our offer in the off-season. Which might I add was a fair deal.

1st off comparing us to the Cavs is ridiculous. The Cavs owners are more willing to open up their checkbooks whereas our owners are very stingy. LeBron is more willing to stay in Cleveland also because he is a homegrown product. JJ is only looking for the most money. That was evident after he rejected our offer in the off-season. Which might I add was a fair deal.

Yep frank, to make a poker analogy, Sund is hanging in at the final table on the short stack. He is limited in what he can do.