• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jon Barry again

This guy is annoying as hell. Message to Jon: DON'T HATE ON THE HAWKS CUZ YOU HAD NO TALENT EVER.

I'm watching the Celts/Pistons game on ESPN and every chance he gets he tries to rip the Hawks or make some little annoying comment. Like they were talking about the Bucks and how well they are playing and Barry shoots his mouth off: "I think they could upset someone as the 5th seed"..clearly wanting us to be the 4th seed. About half an hour later they are promoting the Hawks/Spurs and Blazers/Sunss game and Barry says..."So Hubie you are going to Atlanta and I get to go to Phoenix for the Suns game", haha you're gonna be missing out on some great weather in Phoenix." I know it doesn't sound all that bad but I really think he's just such a piece of crap and is still holding a grudge for not playing him. lol. Dang, can't ESPN find any better announcer besides that scrub. I like his brother Brent on NBATV he mades good comments and is funny at times as well but Jon, wow, annoying as hell. He needs a sharp quick kick to the groin several times, oh, and also to be fired from ESPN cuz he seriously sucks.

Reading too deep based on past bias. When they were doing their NBA brackets and Wilbon had us both not getting the 3 seed and getting beat by the Bucks, Barry actually voiced displeasure with Wilbon's Midwestern homerism. He didn't go all out questioning Wilbon's sanity but he did show some sort of reaction for us being better than a first round knockout which, considering the source, is a lot.

• Premium Member

I think our best first round matchup is Toronto.

Our worst may be Charlotte... unless NY makes it in..

I wouldn't want to play the Bucks though. They have an inside presence.

However, we have not played Charlotte while they were 100% healthy.

This guy is annoying as hell. Message to Jon: DON'T HATE ON THE HAWKS CUZ YOU HAD NO TALENT EVER.

I'm watching the Celts/Pistons game on ESPN and every chance he gets he tries to rip the Hawks or make some little annoying comment. Like they were talking about the Bucks and how well they are playing and Barry shoots his mouth off: "I think they could upset someone as the 5th seed"..clearly wanting us to be the 4th seed. About half an hour later they are promoting the Hawks/Spurs and Blazers/Sunss game and Barry says..."So Hubie you are going to Atlanta and I get to go to Phoenix for the Suns game", haha you're gonna be missing out on some great weather in Phoenix." I know it doesn't sound all that bad but I really think he's just such a piece of crap and is still holding a grudge for not playing him. lol. Dang, can't ESPN find any better announcer besides that scrub. I like his brother Brent on NBATV he mades good comments and is funny at times as well but Jon, wow, annoying as hell. He needs a sharp quick kick to the groin several times, oh, and also to be fired from ESPN cuz he seriously sucks.

:cant believe:

Barry has a grudge against Atlanta and Woodson.

I still like him as a commentator. I respect guys who "call it like they see it" and don't give a crap about being politically correct. (Even if I don't agree with everything they say.)

• Premium Member

I think our best first round matchup is Toronto.

Our worst may be Charlotte... unless NY makes it in..

I wouldn't want to play the Bucks though. They have an inside presence.

However, we have not played Charlotte while they were 100% healthy.

Beating NY without Nate would be easy as pie.

. About half an hour later they are promoting the Hawks/Spurs and Blazers/Sunss game and Barry says..."So Hubie you are going to Atlanta and I get to go to Phoenix for the Suns game", haha you're gonna be missing out on some great weather in Phoenix."

Could be seen as a "poke" at Hubie's age. I think Arizona has the 2nd oldest population of any state besides Florida due to it being a affordable retirement destination. Old folks love the dry heat and no grass to cut. Not to metion its cheaper the Florida and Souther Cali. Brown could have made comments to Barry, off the air, of how he would like to live in Arizona one day. Plenty of retirees want to live there and play golf year around.

I also think there was a behind the scenes sit down with Barry about how he commentates Atlanta games. Knowing Barry.......he probably said I am who I am and call it like I see it. So they are splitting the duo of Barry / Brown up for that 1 game.

Edited by coachx