• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks on sale

jerrywest

• Premium Member

buy buy JJ. Now way ASG will incur more debt when they're trying to sell the team. Ask any Cubs fan about this process.

Don't believe the NY papers. Its all speculation. They are going off of water cooler talk. The AJC is only spinning off of 1 sentence out of a NY paper that merely suggest teams a list of teams that could be for sale.

A sale of the Thrasher, to a Northern city would not suprise me at all though.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

AJC is only spinning off of 1 sentence out of a NY paper that merely suggest teams a list of teams that could be for sale.

You mean Jeff Schultz is talking out of his *ss? Naaaahhhhhhh....

PS: The personal wealth of team owners doesn't matter.

Edited by niremetal

• Moderators

Don't believe the NY papers. Its all speculation. They are going off of water cooler talk. The AJC is only spinning off of 1 sentence out of a NY paper that merely suggest teams a list of teams that could be for sale.

A sale of the Thrasher, to a Northern city would not suprise me at all though.

+1

Ok, but just for the heck of it, let's say that ASG was going to sell the team. Who would you want to buy it (don't worry about being realistic)?

Arthur Blank has got to be the dream owner for the Hawks, right?

What ATL celebs would make fun owners? Tyler Perry could be good. Then it would no longer be "The Atlanta Hawks"; it'd be "Tyler Perry's Atlanta Hawks".

"We can do bad all by ourselves"

Edited by HawkRock1123
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Ok, but just for the heck of it, let's say that ASG was going to sell the team. Who would you want to buy it (don't worry about being realistic)?

What ATL celebs would make fun owners? Tyler Perry could be good. Then it would no longer be "The Atlanta Hawks"; it'd be "Tyler Perry's Atlanta Hawks".

AB is up to his neck in Wall Street losses as we speak. He did make a push to buy the Braves though so he may resurface with the Hawks. Seeing that the owner doesn't have to be from ATL I think that former NWA wrestler Ric Flair would be a great option.

Whooooooo!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

For argument's sake, I should point out this article was in the Times, not the Post or Daily News.

True, but the exact wording of the sentence in the Times was:

According to sports bankers, the teams thought to be for sale include the Atlanta Hawks...

So the Times was reporting speculation, even though (to the Times' credit) it didn't attempt to color it otherwise. That means Schultz's story was secondhand speculation. Making a story based on what clearly is speculation is about as credible as making a story that uses the Post or Daily News as a source.

Edited by niremetal

Seeing that the owner doesn't have to be from ATL I think that former NWA wrestler Ric Flair would be a great option.

Whooooooo!

I love it. Tell me that wouldn't make the games more fun. At the start of the 4th quarter, The Nature Boy himself throwing out "Whooooo"s from the owners box, then followed by that little strut around he does. Priceless.

LMAO I will def pass on Tyler Perry. He would probably make Madea the Mascot lol.

• Premium Member

LMAO I will def pass on Tyler Perry. He would probably make Madea the Mascot lol.

He really, really, really needs to stop making new movies. He should have made like JD Salinger and quit while he was ahead.

Cool idea.........this deserves its own thread.

Chris Tucker Jeff Foxworthy, & Elton John's Atlanta Hawks !

Hey, Atlanta is all about diversity. You got a country star, black star, gay star all in the front row !

Emanuel Lewis (Webster) as a 1% owner and even the little people will feel included.

Heck you throw in Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston if you wanted to see some reality TV type of entertainment. Then we could bring Nancy Grace to make sense of it all and tell us which one should be prosectuted.

We will just have to worry about Foxworthy entincing "Big Country" to come out of retirement.

Edited by coachx

I love it. Turner Broadcasting buys the team, and then hosts a celebrity reality show to determine who gets to run the team.

Missions include:

- Jeff Foxworthy in contract negotiations with Joe Johnson

- Elton John clothes shopping with Zaza Pachulia

- Ludacris traveling to Greece and kidnapping Josh Childress

He really, really, really needs to stop making new movies. He should have made like JD Salinger and quit while he was ahead.

True, True knowing Tyler Perry he would fire Woody and make himself the coach.