• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

19 points in the 4th

Jackets333

Another pitiful 4th quarter performance because the coach decides to do away with everything that has worked the entire game. Slows the game down to a crawl and decides to give the ball to Marvin who is incapable of doing anything. Jamal scores 22 in the first half but the offense goes thru Marvin? Piss poor coaching.

Another pitiful 4th quarter performance because the coach decides to do away with everything that has worked the entire game. Slows the game down to a crawl and decides to give the ball to Marvin who is incapable of doing anything. Jamal scores 22 in the first half but the offense goes thru Marvin? Piss poor coaching.

Marvin is an expendable player. Having him or not having him makes little difference most nights. Marvin is not part of the core of this team. Which is JJ, Josh and Al.

• Like 1

Giving up 31 isn't good, but scoring 19 against a team that doesn't even wanna play defense? You could tell how the quarter was gonna go in the first minute. 5-0 and a timeout 55 seconds into the quarter.

As good as he is and as good as he plays:

Josh missed 4 free throws - That's right - four.

Why can't he make his free throws? It cost us the game.

Pure and simple. Lost by one point. He left 4 points @ the

free throw stripe.

Give credit where credit is due. He's great. Passes like

a point guard. Blocks shots. Drives - penetrates and scores

Give him credit for all that, which is great! Then, give him credit

for the four free throws he missed which cost us the game.

:white flag:

No Smoove isn't the main reason we lost. I think either Al or Jamal missed a FT or 2 as well that could have won the game. Never mind trying to force it in to AL which resulted in some to's there is enough blame to go around for everyone. I BLAME MARVIN 2 points is ridiculous, he was absolutely terrible. You would think he'd step up with Joe out but nope. He was missing like always..

No Smoove isn't the main reason we lost. I think either Al or Jamal missed a FT or 2 as well that could have won the game. Never mind trying to force it in to AL which resulted in some to's there is enough blame to go around for everyone. I BLAME MARVIN 2 points is ridiculous, he was absolutely terrible. You would think he'd step up with Joe out but nope. He was missing like always..

LOL @ blasting Marvin ( and deservedly so, because he played like crap ) . . . but Smoove went 5 - 15 FG last night and went 4 - 8 from the line. Smoove did enough positive things last night to not be totally blamed for the loss, but he definitely had a hand in that loss last night. A BIG hand. When Bargnani caught that ball at the 3 point line, and Smoove just turned his back to him to guard his man down low, I think this entire fan base was like WTF is Smoove doing?

We get a stop on that play, and we really have a chance to close out the game. Instead, Bargnani drains the 3, and cuts the lead to 4.

• Premium Member

There is a pattern by the Hawks in the fourth quarter. When the jump shots are falling all is well but when there not the Hawks are in trouble. This mentality will lead to a short playoff fun. If you cant go to the paint at the breaking point of the game, your dead in the water.

Marvin could be a low post player because he has the steps inside he is just not aggressive enough.

I watched memphis because the dang hockey game (nashville) blocked the Hawks. Memphis takes the ball inside and scores. I know the Hawks are a much better team but we still havent developed the low post offense enough IMO.

LOL @ blasting Marvin ( and deservedly so, because he played like crap ) . . . but Smoove went 5 - 15 FG last night and went 4 - 8 from the line. Smoove did enough positive things last night to not be totally blamed for the loss, but he definitely had a hand in that loss last night. A BIG hand. When Bargnani caught that ball at the 3 point line, and Smoove just turned his back to him to guard his man down low, I think this entire fan base was like WTF is Smoove doing?

We get a stop on that play, and we really have a chance to close out the game. Instead, Bargnani drains the 3, and cuts the lead to 4.

Like I said he did way more than Marvin.. No debating that...

The game shouldn't have come down to a box out. Josh was the one who didn't do the job, BTW. He just stood there and watched.

But nonetheless, 19 points in the 4th doesn't win games.

I wish I could see that play again in slow-mo. I saw it live and then on the replays but was concentrating on the ball (as far as why the refs called what they called).

If I'm not mistaken Al and Smoove were in the rebounding positions and Marvin was back (normally to cut off the shooter or other guys). Still, Marvin came crashing through the center of all concerned and basically fought his own guys as well as the TOR guys for the rebound. In the mixup he ended up touching the ball while out of bounds.

Like I said, I'd really like to see that in slow-mo...but from what i saw it is difficult to assign blame to Smoove on that play.