• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson....what can I say?

MVP23

I laugh when people say I "hate" on Joe. I "Hate" on Lebron and Wade. Why would I hate on someone on my own team? I don't hate JJ. I hate him where he goes into this ~Hero MODE~ of his, which kills us. I really can't say anything because he did come through tonight for us, which is what I want, but did anyone notice how good we looked when we moved the ball in the 4th?...its not hate..its truth....

but like I said, he hit the GW..so props.

Once again, when a guy dribbles for 20 seconds then chucks if I say something thats 'hating'?

I think you've been wrong plenty of times the past couple of days to have an opinion on these boards.

• Like 2

The difference = the bench!

Without the play of the bench in the first half, this game would have been over and the Bobcats would have

rode out of town wih the victory.

Woody enptied the bench. Starters, who were doing nothing right, including JJ who was 0- for how many

ever shots he had taken to that point in the game. Starters were throwing the ball away, mossing shots

and couldn't find a rebound. They weren't in "sleepwalk" mode but they sure were close. They did manage

to score a few points in there somewhere but, wow, they sure were bad.

Then, here comes the bench! Wow! did they tun things around! You bet.

Energy. They rebounded. Passes were crisp and on target. They hit their shots. What a contrast. The

bench actually outscored the starters in the first half. Then, to begin the second half, the starters were

back on the floor and they quickly gave the momentum back to the Bobcats.

Finally, in the 4th quarter, the starters began to look like the real Atlanta Hawks. JJ found his touch.

He began to score. This perked up the other starters and they began to play much better.

Congratulations to JJ for hitting that game winner. What a great shot! What a great relief to know that

we had the lead and the clock had run out. Wonderful!! But, just remember, had it not been for the

bench play in the first half when they carried us, there would have been no overtime and no victory.

:line dance:

GO HAWKS BENCH!!!!

• Like 1

Wierd game. Stephen Jackson threw it away with his 54 3 point attempts with no ball movement. I'm sure Larry Brown pulled him to the side and let him know something. Nevertheless, awesome all-around play from Joe in crunchtime. 14 rebounds (6 offensive) and 12 points from Marvin? Is that right? Double-doubles from our starting frontcourt. Craw, Zaza, Jeff, and Joe S. were the only players who ended on the plus side, basically giving us what we needed to win at the buzzer. 4 points and 1 asist from Bibby? Woody outcoached his mentor and a Hall of Famer Larry Brown. If Bibby plays 1 minute more than he did, we probably lose, just as if Brown would've found a way to play Tyrus Thomas a few more minutes and keep the mentally and physicaly exhaustedJackson under 48 minutes, they probably would've came out on top. This is not your big brother's Bobcats, but you have to love Jordan's expression after Joe sunk the game-winner. Not to mention he's paying the guy through his Jordan Brand. Huge win, although I will not let it slide, Joe had a poor game in summation. 33% shooting with 3 boards and more turnovers than assists. Just calling him out: it's my job as a never-get-too-high-or-low-on-Joe type of guy.

Let's Go.

On a side note, beautiful shot, pimp. Getty Images photographers always seem to get the perfect shot.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

i was ragging on joe myself saying that he doesnt deserve to get paid like lebron and wade b/c he doesnt make enough shots at the end of the game with time expiring. its been a long time sens ive seen one from him. well if you could still phantom giving him 20 million a yr. kudos

Pay the man. Oh, and it's FATHOM.

i was ragging on joe myself saying that he doesnt deserve to get paid like lebron and wade b/c he doesnt make enough shots at the end of the game with time expiring. its been a long time sens ive seen one from him. well if you could still phantom giving him 20 million a yr. kudos

Really dude???

I would like to take this opportunity to give a big F U!!!! to espn for not even having a highlight link to the game. You have to go to the scores section to see what happened. Buzzer beaters are as exciting as it gets and no respect to our star player or our team. SUCK IT ESPN!