• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First "Start Mo over Marvin" thread of the year

NineOhTheRino

And to be honest, I still like Marvin's size. I think he is a better defender, rebounder, and is better at driving and drawing fouls (though yes, I know, he rarely does it). Benching Marvin is going to kill what little confidence he has, and while some of you like to think it will light a fire under his duck butt, more than likely, it will demoralize him.

And as much as you will say that a pro basketball player should deal with adversity, I don't know how Marvin will react to being benched. He already gets benched for extended second half periods, so if you want to play Mo more, just do that.

Marvin shoots a better (pretty much the same percentage), and I want a confident Marvin in the playoffs. Losing his starting job won't inspire any at all.

And don't waste your time saying i'm protecting Marvin, because i'm not that big of a fan of his. I just think benching Marvin in favor of Mo will do more harm than good.

Mo Evans is trash. He has been squat crap for 95% of the year. I guess all of a sudden he realized its his contract year....f only Joe would do the same.

BTW, whats the point? Bring him off the bench like we go Craw.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hawks were 12-1 last year when Mo started in place of Marvin.

Can anybody besides MVP tell me why not?

They were 10-6 during that stretch, actually. They won 6 in a row, and then went 4-6, which is par for the course when the Hawks go down a starter (win a couple games because Woody is forced to make adjustments, then lose games once other teams adjust to those adjustments and Woody fails to adjust back).

But good to know for sure that we can just dismiss you as someone who makes stuff up out of thin air.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

I didn't make that up. I remember reading that on InsideHoops earlier this season. And I remembered the "Start Mo over Marvin" threads from last year using our record with Mo as the focus so I assumed that was the correct record.

They were 10-6 during that stretch, actually. They won 6 in a row, and then went 4-6, which is par for the course when the Hawks go down a starter (win a couple games because Woody is forced to make adjustments, then lose games once other teams adjust to those adjustments and Woody fails to adjust back).

But good to know for sure that we can just dismiss you as someone who makes stuff up out of thin air.

Go look at the teams they lost to in that stretch. Most likely they would have lost most of those games even with Marvin. Fact is.... he is not an impact player or an extremely valuable one. For the most part he is expendable.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Mo Evans is trash. He has been squat crap for 95% of the year. I guess all of a sudden he realized its his contract year....f only Joe would do the same.

BTW, whats the point? Bring him off the bench like we go Craw.

Contract year?

He has a PO this year. He could stay with us (which is likely).

Secondly, I say get rid of Marvin and Mo. Bring in Chillz and go after a good defensive BU. Marvin's game is horrible and his "confidence" is meaningless if he's going to play and bring in 6 freaking points when our best player is out and he's starting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know about that...

"The Hawks are 10-1 with Evans starting and 4-0 with the current starting lineup of Evans, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby.":

Seems to me that they were not talking about 12 in a row, but during the season in the midst of the streak (probably your 6-0 streak) in 13 games that he had started (at some point) the Hawks were 12-1.

Mo Evans may or may not be terrible, but has certainly done more than Marvin has in these few games Joe has been out. I wonder if this was anyone else on the team, would people be still making excuses for them , and their play or what not. Forget confidence, fact is Marvin is the one player who has done less with Joe out..

• Premium Member

Mo Evans may or may not be terrible, but has certainly done more than Marvin has in these few games Joe has been out. I wonder if this was anyone else on the team, would people be still making excuses for them , and their play or what not. Forget confidence, fact is Marvin is the one player who has done less with Joe out..

Why Marvin's fans continue to blame touches is mind boggling. TOUCHES!!! Marvin don't want touches. Marvin goes out of his way to avoid TOUCHES.

and yes Mo is Terrible but Marvin is Terribleler (i think that's a word)

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Why Marvin's fans continue to blame touches is mind boggling. TOUCHES!!! Marvin don't want touches. Marvin goes out of his way to avoid TOUCHES.

lol exactly, You have to have it in you and Marvin is the only player on our team who doesn't want IT..

• Premium Member

I don't know about terribleler (lol), but otherwise I have to concur. Once upon a time Marv talked about being aggressive and stepping up...maybe a couple of years ago. And there was a time when he was making the midrange, the 3 ball, and getting to the line. As of late, guy is just a non-factor on offense.

• Premium Member

I don't know about that...

"The Hawks are 10-1 with Evans starting and 4-0 with the current starting lineup of Evans, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby.":

Seems to me that they were not talking about 12 in a row, but during the season in the midst of the streak (probably your 6-0 streak) in 13 games that he had started (at some point) the Hawks were 12-1.

Of course, 2 of the 10 in the 10-1 were when he was starting in place of JJ, not Marvin. And even if that weren't true, 10-1 is not 12-1 any more than 10-6 is 12-1. At best, he made used "12-1" based off some ignorant fan's post a year ago on InsideHoops, and didn't bother to check before regurgitating it here. At worst, he just made it up. Either way, it was BS.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I wonder if this was anyone else on the team, would people be still making excuses for them , and their play or what not.

Not if... When. When Bibby has a bad game or 2 and last season when Josh didn't play up to his level.. people on this board talked bad, talked trade, and did not want to hear any excuses. When it's Marvin who has been a disappointment for 4 of the last 5 years, people crank up the excuse machine and put extra oil in it.