• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

why did Mo take so many shots

arhawkfan

Does anybody know? He killed us in the 4th when we were making a run

I don't blame mo as much as woody for leaving him in the game. If your offensive plan is to make jumpshots from iso's period, is Mo doing anything wrong? Yes, his talent might not be there, but he is following the coach's orders, and in this type of system, its open shot instead of best shot. Woody should've taken mo out but he lacks the braincell to connect the dots.

I don't blame mo as much as woody for leaving him in the game. If your offensive plan is to make jumpshots from iso's period, is Mo doing anything wrong? Yes, his talent might not be there, but he is following the coach's orders, and in this type of system, its open shot instead of best shot. Woody should've taken mo out but he lacks the braincell to connect the dots.

I disagree. If Marvin was playing worth a crap, Mo wouldn't have been in the game to begin with during the crucial stage. Plus Marvin is passive enough to have passed the ball on at least 2 of the 3 times the Mo jacked up the shots. Josh & Joe were open a willing to score.

What is his alternative? Williams? I like Mo over Marvin because he at least brings some effort and energy, unlike Mavin's sleepwalking azz.

I would rather see us slide JJ up top the #3 and start Crawford and bring Marvin & Mo off the bench. What have we got to lose? The #3 spot has

been producing ZERO this series.

The team just wasn't thinking on offense. They were all trying to do it themselves. What happened to ball movement. It was just sick. Mo should not have been taking those shots. It was a total lack of offensive direction.

The ball movement was actually happening and the ball kept rotating to the open guy who was Mo Evans. Then we called a timeout and went to iso JJ and iso Crawford.

If you play a game based on ball movement you let the defense dictate who is open and that is what happened. Mo missed shots that he usualy makes but he is just not used to the type of pressure when it comes to being the shot maker in the clutch parts of a road playoff game. Not many guys are.

Edited by coachx

The ball movement was actually happening and the ball kept rotating to the open guy who was Mo Evans. Then we called a timeout and went to iso JJ and iso Crawford.

If you play a game based on ball movement you let the defense dictate who is open and that is what happened. Mo missed shots that he usualy makes but he is just not used to the type of pressure when it comes to being the shot maker in the clutch parts of a road playoff game. Not many guys are.

It's funny. I thought that's what people wanted . . . ball movement to get the open man a shot, instead of a forced attempt by ISO-JOE.

But I've said it all year . . . I have more confidence in a forced jumper by JJ, than I do some of these other guys getting wide open looks. I guess now people are mad because JJ didn't shoot the ball MORE? He took 9 shots . . . and made 6.

Mo went 0 - 5 FG in the 4th

So when JJ has it going, people just need to keep their mouths closed, and let that man do his thing. Tell those other guys to play defense.

• Like 1

It's funny. I thought that's what people wanted . . . ball movement to get the open man a shot, instead of a forced attempt by ISO-JOE.

But I've said it all year . . . I have more confidence in a forced jumper by JJ, than I do some of these other guys getting wide open looks. I guess now people are mad because JJ didn't shoot the ball MORE? He took 9 shots . . . and made 6.

Mo went 0 - 5 FG in the 4th

So when JJ has it going, people just need to keep their mouths closed, and let that man do his thing. Tell those other guys to play defense.

This will never happen. You'll always have fans complain about Joe no matter how hot he is.

• Moderators

I'm trying to remember the exact plays but the first one wasn't a wide open look and i don't remember the ball even touching another Hawk. None of them I remember being the result of passes to find the open man. Seemed like every shot we took was a difficult one and its amazing we were even in the game. The bucks were getting open looks and layups. I'm not putting the blame on Mo but still he shouldn't be taking three shots on three straight possessions when he hasn't hit anything. He knows that's not his role.

I'm trying to remember the exact plays but the first one wasn't a wide open look and i don't remember the ball even touching another Hawk. None of them I remember being the result of passes to find the open man. Seemed like every shot we took was a difficult one and its amazing we were even in the game. The bucks were getting open looks and layups. I'm not putting the blame on Mo but still he shouldn't be taking three shots on three straight possessions when he hasn't hit anything. He knows that's not his role.

You right, on the first shot he took the initiative to get in the paint but he missed a bunny. That would have cut it to 40 with around 6 minutes left in the game......if memory serve me right.

He missed 2 open permiter catch and shoot jumpers on the following Hawks possesions. One from each corner. Both times the ball touched 4 guys. One was an inside / out play when either Horford or Smith passed out after being double teamed. He kept getting the ball b/c he was open.

After that Woody called a timeout and put in Marvin for Mo. We started running more isos for JJ and Crawford at that point.

Afterward one Hawk was heard to wonder why Mo Evans, not known as a scorer, wound up shooting (and missing) on three consecutive fourth-quarter possessions with the Bucks’ lead down to six points. There’s no answer except to say: That’s what the Hawks do. When in doubt, they don’t look for the open man; they look to shoot. And that’s always the harder way.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/04/27/a-chilling-thought-what-happens-if-the-hawks-dont-win/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

which player on the team do you guys think this was lol?? hmmmm

• Premium Member

The bottom line is that we need a productive wing this offseason. I don't care if that wing is Chillz or not. Just get someone in here who can start at the SF from day one and be productive AND consistent. Better yet, just bring back Chillz! :help wanted3: