• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe fouled out?

AHawks89

I find it quite weird that he fouled out. The refs seemed to help the Bucks on that 13-0 run. I just find it weird that Joe fouled out. I'm not saying we lost the game because of bad calls, but whaattt? Anyways, Woody needs to be gone. 30-18 4th quarter and this is not a rare sight. He has to go. This might be all frustration talking, but come on Hawks. There has to be some changes. I hope i'm not the only one who thinks this! :cant believe: :help wanted3: :help wanted3: :help wanted3:

• Premium Member

I didn't see him commit a foul and for the refs to call an offensive foul on a team's best player in the playoffs AT HOME is just...wow. The complete lack of respect from the refs showed in that play. The Bucks had what 30 free throws in the fourth versus our ZERO free throws.

Typical d*ck Bevetta type game. When a team is down, they get the foul calls. The free throw disparity was unreal in the 4th.

At the same time, our team is full of ****heads. Even with the bad foul calls, we shouldn't have blown a lead like that. We deserved to lose because of our attitude this game. It was nice to see Al yell at Josh during our 2nd to last timeout, but by then it was too late.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

I find it quite weird that he fouled out. The refs seemed to help the Bucks on that 13-0 run. I just find it weird that Joe fouled out. I'm not saying we lost the game because of bad calls, but whaattt? Anyways, Woody needs to be gone. 30-18 4th quarter and this is not a rare sight. He has to go. This might be all frustration talking, but come on Hawks. There has to be some changes. I hope i'm not the only one who thinks this! :cant believe: :help wanted3: :help wanted3: :help wanted3:

People want to ignore the refs role...

But here's the truth.

1. 29-17... that's the FTA for the night. The Bucks attempted 29, we attempted 17.
  2. They were in the bonus most of the 4th quarter.
  3. Joe averages 1.99 PF a game... for his career.

My eyes saw several bad calls made by the refs to benefit the Bucks. Most of which were called on Joe. The refs seemed to be doing their part to take this game from us. Even to the point htat they spent 4 minutes examining Horfs three when it only should have taken 20 seconds.

• Premium Member

Typical d*ck Bevetta type game. When a team is down, they get the foul calls. The free throw disparity was unreal in the 4th.

At the same time, our team is full of ****heads. Even with the bad foul calls, we shouldn't have blown a lead like that. We deserved to lose because of our attitude this game. It was nice to see Al yell at Josh during our 2nd to last timeout, but by then it was too late.

I agree our BBIQ is not that high.

However, we were up by ten, they were in the bonus... Josh missed an easy layin. Craw missed an easy lay in. Milwaukee players were running and jumping into us.

Edited by AHF

People want to ignore the refs role...

But here's the truth.

1. 29-17... that's the FTA for the night. The Bucks attempted 29, we attempted 17.
  2. They were in the bonus most of the 4th quarter.
  3. Joe averages 1.99 PF a game... for his career.

My eyes saw several bad calls made by the refs to benefit the Bucks. Most of which were called on Joe. The refs seemed to be doing their part to take this game from us. Even to the point htat they spent 4 minutes examining Horfs three when it only should have taken 20 seconds.

I agree with you man. I saw everything too. I'm really clueless right now. Everyone wants to point fingers at who lost the game, but if you want to be consider a 'leader', then the blame needs to go the leaders. (Joe & Woody)

I can't see either of them taking the blame, and i'm not saying we lost because of them, but they are the leaders, so it's time for them to take the blame and step up.

I agree our BBIQ is not that high.

However, we were up by ten, they were in the bonus... Josh missed an easy layin. Craw missed an easy lay in. Milwaukee players were running and jumping into us.

Sure we can point to Milwaukee having shot the 2nd least amount of free throws during the regular season. Or that Milwaukee gave up the 4th most amount of free throws during the regular season. Or that they had the 6th most fouls. Or that Atlanta had the 8th least amount of fouls. Or Atlanta gave up the 6th least amount of free throws during the regular season. And that this game those statistics seemed to be meaningless.

Yes the refs were bad. But we needed someone, anyone, to get this team focused. Its like we just stopped playing team basketball and turned into a random 5 man crew at the Y.

Its hard to be mad about this game. We deserved to lose this game. But it is not very hard to be mad at our players and coaches.

• Premium Member

Yes the refs were bad. But we needed someone, anyone, to get this team focused. Its like we just stopped playing team basketball and turned into a random 5 man crew at the Y.

When you have bad refs... that get a team into the bonus with about 4 minutes left in the fourth.. it's only a matter of time that any lead disappears.

Tonight, we were the better shooting team.

Tonight, rebounding and assists were equal.

Tonight, our defense wasn't that bad.

The difference was that in the fourth, they got in the bonus. Sure it would have been nice if we could have scored everytime down so as to not lose the lead... but the truth is that we don't have the highest BBIQ in the game... they are better coached... and with the leverage that the refs gave, they beat us.

Am I letting us off the hook.. No.

I'm just saying that we can't negate the Refs influence on the game.

HERE'S MY MONEY BALL QUOTE...

d*ck Bavetta, the NBA’s self-proclaimed “go-to guy” when it came to game manipulation, also had a personal sense of fairness. He liked to keep games close, Donaghy wrote, so that when a team got down by a large margin, he would start calling fouls in their favor. Donaghy wrote that this is common knowledge around the League, and obviously it makes for good theatre too because what fan isn’t thrilled by a great comeback.

Nevertheless, the NBA sometimes goes out of its way in an effort to appear fair. A recent example of this was the League office issuing a statement that a foul should’ve been called on Kevin Durant’s last second shot attempt after a recent game against Utah. Donaghy cited an example in which a referee made an inadvertent wrong call that resulted in a win for Minnesota. This prompted the NBA’s head official, Ronnie Nunn, to say that in retrospect the officials doing that game should have made a makeup call, as for example, call a traveling violation to even things out. But do two wrongs make a right?

In the 60 Minutes program, retired NBA official Mike Mathis was interviewed. Interestingly, he never commented on the impropriety of Donaghy’s betting. Rather, he appeared more upset that Donaghy broke the code of silence about the unethical things that referees do.

Read more at Suite101: A Climate of Unfairness in the NBA http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/a-climate-of-unfairness-in-the-nba#ixzz0mSVuFhTb

Who reffed tonight's game?

What Happened?

Q.E.D.

Who reffed tonight's game?

What Happened?

Q.E.D.

I don't disagree that Bavetta put the screw job on us.

But everyone knows Bavetta does this. To go and say we lost because of Bavetta doesn't sit right with me. You have to adjust to know Bavetta is going to have awful calls and you have to be able to stay focused even after them. Seems like we got rattled by the calls.

If we go out in the 1st round of the playoffs we have no one to blame but our players and coaches. They have the wings if Icarus. Just because you made it to the 2nd round last year doesn't mean you get a free pass in the 1st round this year. This team's overconfidence is sickening for such an unproven group of individuals.

• Premium Member

I don't disagree that Bavetta put the screw job on us.

But everyone knows Bavetta does this. To go and say we lost because of Bavetta doesn't sit right with me. You have to adjust to know Bavetta is going to have awful calls and you have to be able to stay focused even after them. Seems like we got rattled by the calls.

If we go out in the 1st round of the playoffs we have no one to blame but our players and coaches. They have the wings if Icarus. Just because you made it to the 2nd round last year doesn't mean you get a free pass in the 1st round this year. This team's overconfidence is sickening for such an unproven group of individuals.

Once you get to the bonus, it doesn't matter much. Especially not when you're playing a good defensive team. We went into the bonus with about 4 minutes left. That's why we lost.

i am amazed no one is pointing a finder at management jenings score 12 points by himself why, b/c our backcourt is too slow

joe fouled out why, b/c our backcourt is too slow. witnower came in and hit crucial buckets why b/c our backcourt is too slow

we saw this by mid season but we continued to drink the cool laid with tons of suger in it and a blindfold gee thanks a lot rick sund

The only silver lining if we lose in in Milwaukee is that Woody might go. The Spirit needs to go all out and bring in a top notch coach. Spend the molah there rather than just giving it all to ISO Joe.

• Premium Member

The only silver lining if we lose in in Milwaukee is that Woody might go. The Spirit needs to go all out and bring in a top notch coach. Spend the molah there rather than just giving it all to ISO Joe.

Back to the Refs....

I went back over some of our losses during the season. You know those 4th qtr collapses.

Last night our officials were Bavetta, DeRosa, and Davis.

Davis hasn't presided over our 4th qtr collapse before...

BUT...

DeRosa =

1. An Orlando loss where Orlando went to the FT line 27-20 and outscored us in the 2nd Half.

Bavetta =

1. Loss to GS in GS... where we had a huge 4th quarter collapse.
  2. Loss to Milwaukee in Milwaukee where we had a 4th quarter collapse and they went to the FT line 17 to our 13.

I have 9 games that were 4th quarter collapses. These Refs presided over 4 of them.

Once you get to the bonus, it doesn't matter much. Especially not when you're playing a good defensive team. We went into the bonus with about 4 minutes left. That's why we lost.

Hey, new to the boards.

I was at the game last night and looked up at the clock when we went into the bonus. It said 5:59, that's half of the 4th quarter in the bonus! How often does that happen??

I didn't see him commit a foul and for the refs to call an offensive foul on a team's best player in the playoffs AT HOME is just...wow. The complete lack of respect from the refs showed in that play. The Bucks had what 30 free throws in the fourth versus our ZERO free throws.

Nail on the head my friend. That charge call was complete bullshyyyyt and it not only fouled out Joe it took away a Crawford 3 at a crucial time. You think they call that on Lebron in that situation? Hell no the 3 counts and Bron would prolly get to shoot a free throw on top of that.