• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe sure is getting alot of hate

arhawkfan

Before tonight he played 4 great games. There is plenty of blame to go around Josh played like garbage, Bibby and Crawford did as well. To me the night was summed up on back to back possessions. First Josh lets a easy dunk slip through his fingers and on the next one Crawford misses an easy layup/

Before tonight he played 4 great games. There is plenty of blame to go around Josh played like garbage, Bibby and Crawford did as well. To me the night was summed up on back to back possessions. First Josh lets a easy dunk slip through his fingers and on the next one Crawford misses an easy layup/

I don't base my hate on Joe Johnson as only tonight, but I just feel he is not a star player. He's is not a player that can lead this team and lead us to even an easter conf finals, which is his supposed role.

• Premium Member

I don't base my hate on Joe Johnson as only tonight, but I just feel he is not a star player. He's is not a player that can lead this team and lead us to even an easter conf finals, which is his supposed role.

Find me this "superstar" you speak of and tell me how we could possibly get him here.

I'll wait.

Actually, no. I won't.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

You mean G.I. Joe, that M.Fers was playing like he was in the battle field tonight, and like the movies, his a** was the first to go.

There is not a star that can do that. Wade is at home. What this team needs to do is either trade al or josh and get a real center to run inside. i watched josh get beat over and over not to mention letting the bucks get the rebound on a missed Jennings foul shot

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I really don't think this was a terrible game by Joe. Joe was a facilitator on offense. How do you think Marvin got in most of his points? Joe's defense was OK.

I think we just need to blame somebody and it's easy to go to the Boxscore and pick out Joe.

However, I think Joe was not the blame. Neither was Craw. Neither was Al or Marvin. Yes Marvin.

I would have Liked Joe and Craw to score more... However, with them scoring like they did, we were up by 10 late in the 4th.

I think Hawks fans need to stop pointing the finger based on points and remember what happened in the game.

Our best defensive player (JOE) got Called for 6 fouls. 3 of which were completely BS.

Josh Smith got called for several BS calls.

There was one play, Ridnour was on the break and one of our players were back with him. We didn't touch him but the whistle blew.

I'm not calling conspiracy.. but you have to recognize that when the refs start feeling sympathetic for one team in the early 4th and it leads to the other team going into the bonus, the game changes.

We shot 43% to the 40%

Rebounds and Assists were tied.

The major difference was FTs. 29 - 17.

I don't blame JJ, Craw, Al, or Marvin for that.

He's the leader. Shouldn't he take all the blame?

This is kind of off subject when it comes to sports, and I hate this guy very much, but a example of a good leader is Tim Tebow when he played at Flordia. I remember Tim Tebow taking all the blame and saying it'shis fault that they lost and such. I remember him being vocal and actually crying after a game that they lost a game and took all the blame, and stepped up as a leader and took ove, and eventually won the National Championship game. That's what I consider a real leader.

• Premium Member

Joe is a nice complimentary player , but not a player to build a team around . Ask around the league , most folks will tell you the same .

You can say the same about Wade and Lebron.

Wade needed Shaq to win a championship. Wihtout Shaq, Wade is a 1st round playoff exit at Best.

Lebron has been adding star players on his team since he got to Cleveland. Guess what, No ring.

Did Jordan not need Pippen?

How about Magic and Kareem?

How about Bird and the other two?

It's very difficult to find 1 player who can elevate his team anywhere without some help.

So if Joe ends up with the same fate as Dominique... Is that so bad?

Is that something worth giving up in his prime because you can't think of how to build around him?

I think we're smarter than that.. right?

I really think we have players on the roster now that under the right coach can develop into great players . We need more size at center ( Would like to see what Collins can actually do as well as Teague given some playing time) . If Joe wants to be here , he will be here . The thing I'm worried about is an ownership group that is unwilling to go out and get us a decent player to replace him ( 15 ppg would do it , would love a pure shooter .)

• Premium Member

He's the leader. Shouldn't he take all the blame?

This is kind of off subject when it comes to sports, and I hate this guy very much, but a example of a good leader is Tim Tebow when he played at Flordia. I remember Tim Tebow taking all the blame and saying it'shis fault that they lost and such. I remember him being vocal and actually crying after a game that they lost a game and took all the blame, and stepped up as a leader and took ove, and eventually won the National Championship game. That's what I consider a real leader.

The leader take all the blame is PURE B.S.

What if Joe went out put up a triple double, 27, 10, 12... and we lose... you're saying it's his fault?

At some point others have to step up and do their job and if they don't step up, that's not Joe's fault.

I really don't think this was a terrible game by Joe. Joe was a facilitator on offense. How do you think Marvin got in most of his points? Joe's defense was OK.

I think we just need to blame somebody and it's easy to go to the Boxscore and pick out Joe.

However, I think Joe was not the blame. Neither was Craw. Neither was Al or Marvin. Yes Marvin.

I would have Liked Joe and Craw to score more... However, with them scoring like they did, we were up by 10 late in the 4th.

I think Hawks fans need to stop pointing the finger based on points and remember what happened in the game.

Our best defensive player (JOE) got Called for 6 fouls. 3 of which were completely BS.

Josh Smith got called for several BS calls.

There was one play, Ridnour was on the break and one of our players were back with him. We didn't touch him but the whistle blew.

I'm not calling conspiracy.. but you have to recognize that when the refs start feeling sympathetic for one team in the early 4th and it leads to the other team going into the bonus, the game changes.

We shot 43% to the 40%

Rebounds and Assists were tied.

The major difference was FTs. 29 - 17.

I don't blame JJ, Craw, Al, or Marvin for that.

You can be Mr. Calm as much as possible. The main point is Joe is our star. He was playing like he was Charles Oakley. That's great if it's Marvin or Zaza but we do not need our star player playing like he's in the 34th infantry. We can come up with every analysis that's possible, but Joe fouling out was the final hammer for us. Even more-so than the refs who didn't help which is to be expected after all those hard fouls we were committing in the 1st half.

The leader take all the blame is PURE B.S.

What if Joe went out put up a triple double, 27, 10, 12... and we lose... you're saying it's his fault?

At some point others have to step up and do their job and if they don't step up, that's not Joe's fault.

What I'm saying is, JOE should take the blame and use it as motivation. I'm not saying 'blame it on Joe'. Without Joe, we wouldn't be where we are today.

You can say the same about Wade and Lebron.

Wade needed Shaq to win a championship. Wihtout Shaq, Wade is a 1st round playoff exit at Best.

Lebron has been adding star players on his team since he got to Cleveland. Guess what, No ring.

Did Jordan not need Pippen?

How about Magic and Kareem?

How about Bird and the other two?

It's very difficult to find 1 player who can elevate his team anywhere without some help.

So if Joe ends up with the same fate as Dominique... Is that so bad?

Is that something worth giving up in his prime because you can't think of how to build around him?

I think we're smarter than that.. right?

ah , no you cant . Wade can carry a team by himself . Lebron can carry a team by himself . Jordon can carry a team , and so could 'Nique .

Let me be fair . Perhaps Joe deserves an incomplete , because I really don't think its fair to judge anyone in this travesty of an offense.

I was the leader of our baseball team who won 2 back-to-back state champs. When we lost, I felt like we lost because of me, even if I went 4-4 with 5 rbi's. I had the mind set through the regular season and playoffs that I never did enough and always used that as motivation to make myself and my teammates better.

For the countless number of JJ haters on this forum and in the ATL fanbase in general this is a day to rejoice. As it is every time Joe has a rough game. They may get their wish to see what this team looks like without one of the best 2-guards in the league. I hope not.

• Premium Member

You can be Mr. Calm as much as possible. The main point is Joe is our star. He was playing like he was Charles Oakley. That's great if it's Marvin or Zaza but we do not need our star player playing like he's in the 34th infantry. We can come up with every analysis that's possible, but Joe fouling out was the final hammer for us. Even more-so than the refs who didn't help which is to be expected after all those hard fouls we were committing in the 1st half.

Joe didn't play that badly. PFs effects players...especially when they are BS.

IN the Lakers game last night, Kobe didn't have a stellar night.

When your star is not on, others have to pick it up.