• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

True Fans will stick by the ATL Hawks!....Are you a True FAN?

JTB

Please L.A. has 18 ships and 5 times as many people and they don't show up to the game on time either so that is irrelevant. What is though is that this franchise has been here for almost 50 years and we haven't sniffed a championship. We haven't even gotten past the second round. If we lose tonight they might as well fold the franchise because this nucleus will be broken up and it will take us another 5 years just to get back to respectability. The fan base, what ever is left, won't support that.

It IS relevant. When you show up "late" for something, it shows you dont really care. And winning alone doesn't create passion in your fans. The Buffalo Bills and NY Jets sell out every game and neither has won in a long time.

Like I said........watch and look at the Bradley Center tonite at 7 pm and notice the difference. You think the players dont respond when the house it packed before tipoff and it already loud and on their feet like it's the 4th qtr?

I am a man of science, not faith. And the facts don't point towards a positive outcome for the Hawks in this series. Losing at home last night sort of sealed their fate as far as probability goes. Having a negative outlook right now just means you're looking at the facts. Having said that, I will be here if they do pull out these next two games or not. I will be here starting next season even if Woody's the coach or not. I will be positive when there is reason to be and I will be negative when there is reason to be. Right now, my attitude is prove me wrong Hawks. Show some guts and prove you're worth. SHOW UP AND PLAY TO WIN!!!

I'm a man of faith yet I agree with Eddie here. After watching this team fold up like a cheap card table, they're the ones with something to prove; not me or the fans who packed the building three times in the series. They have to prove to themselves and all of us that they have more than just Kool-Aid pumping in their chests. They're the ones who should have an Everest-sized chip on their shoulders after every national columnist spent the last 48 hours tearing into their hides for not having a backbone or heart to close out a ballgame on their homecourt. And most importantly to me, they should be the ones showing us that the NINE YEARS OF MISERY spent following this team when it would've been SOOOOOOOOO easy to go to Foot Locker and get a Kobe or Lebron jersey was worth it.

Enough about JJ and the gang talking about showing up with more fire in the belly; it's time to prove all of us, who don't think it can be done based on past histroy, wrong.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

It IS relevant. When you show up "late" for something, it shows you dont really care. And winning alone doesn't create passion in your fans. The Buffalo Bills and NY Jets sell out every game and neither has won in a long time.

Like I said........watch and look at the Bradley Center tonite at 7 pm and notice the difference. You think the players dont respond when the house it packed before tipoff and it already loud and on their feet like it's the 4th qtr?

The Jets didn't always sell out and the is literally nothing else to do in Buffalo except go to Canada. We have the 4th worst commute in the nation and by far the worst transit system. I don't blame fans for not leaving home 3 hrs early just so they can be in the house 30 minutes before tip off.

• Like 1

The Jets didn't always sell out and the is literally nothing else to do in Buffalo except go to Canada. We have the 4th worst commute in the nation and by far the worst transit system. I don't blame fans for not leaving home 3 hrs early just so they can be in the house 30 minutes before tip off.

You get a +1 from me, sir. Folks act as if people can just get off the job two hours early to see the Hawks get it on.

They would be late even if the start time was 9. I live ouside the perimeter and got to the arena in 30 mins. Quit making excuses.

The place wasn't full until late in the 2nd qtr....almost 9 pm. You want to blame the traffic, MARTA or whatever go ahead. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

You get a +1 from me, sir. Folks act as if people can just get off the job two hours early to see the Hawks get it on.

And out of spite, I took away your +1 and gave him a -1 to bring him back to zero.

Because if we're playing the Cavs, everybody shows up on time for some reason. Hmmm . . . I wonder why?

The excuses ATL fans give for not showing up on time to games, is just flat out unfounded. If you WANT TO get to a game on time, you'll get to a game on time. Even if you don't want to drive into the city, you can always take MARTA into the city, and it will take you right to the arena. So you don't have to drive and wait in traffic if you don't want to.

If your job ends at 5 PM, make the commitment to leave from your job and go straight to the game. Or . . if you live close to your job, go home, take a shower, have your clothes ironed and ready to go, and be on the road by 6 - 6:30 PM. For a 7:30 or 8 PM start, you'll have plenty of time to be in the arena by tip-off, or at least at the beginning of the 1st quarter.

People act like traffic going into downtown Atlanta is far worse than traffic going out of downtown Atlanta between 5 - 7 PM. Thousands of people DO manage to get to the game on time. So why can't the other thousands of people can't do the same?

Showing up late to a playoff game that starts at 8 PM . . and doesn't probably tip-off till 8:10 PM . . shows that while they want to see the Hawks, being there on time just isn't a priority.

• Premium Member

Here's my reasoning for being down on the Hawks -

I wanted to see improvement from this team. I wanted to see them play competitively vs. their second round opponent.

^^^That's my litmus test. If they do that, I'll be pleased. But I do not "stick by" a team simply because they play 40+ times/season in a Southern city.

Jaywalker said years ago that fandom is about the "journey" as much as the end result, and I took that to heart. However, that journey has been terribly rough until the past few seasons. I'm extremely frustrated to see all those "down years" wasted so easily by poor coaching and soft/lazy play. I can't root for that.

The Hawks have had some problems for a while.

JJ sees himself as the super-star and there's been a rift on the team for years. Chil said it. JJ and Smoove don't mix. Smoove doesn't like Woody, JJ has been quoted as saying he does (two off-seasons in a row).

Under-sized front-court. Hoford is a great foundation piece, but he should be spending most of his time at PF. Smoove is an under-sized PF who can out atheletic any big in the league, but still thinks he's a swing SF/PF.

Bibby came in well past his prime and has gone down a steep hill.

Marvin is the invisible man due mostly to the scheme.

Teague should still be a rook next year with the minutes he got (see Law).

Woodson should have been fired three years ago and he's screwing this team up.

S&T JJ in a deal with Bibby and Zaza and bring in a coach that'll get his team moving inteligently and playing together.

If we trade: JJ / Zaza / Bibby; we have:

Horford

Smoove

MW / Mo

Craw

Teague

#24 and #54

Jo Smith, Morris, Collins, rio are expiring.

• Like 1

Well if I'm not mistaken over recent years the Hawks have had problems with: GM, Draft picks, Ownership, Coach, Playing lackadasically, Reported locker room problems, clocks that don't work, funky halftime performances, singers who don't know the words to the national anthem, tornadoes, etc. Fan support is the least of our worries.

Let's face it - there is a reason Utah loves their team even though they haven't been winning championships - they put out a consistent QUALITY product....and in that dry air, they don't have tornadoes.

Edited by DJlaysitup

The Hawks have had some problems for a while.

JJ sees himself as the super-star and there's been a rift on the team for years. Chil said it. JJ and Smoove don't mix. Smoove doesn't like Woody, JJ has been quoted as saying he does (two off-seasons in a row).

Under-sized front-court. Hoford is a great foundation piece, but he should be spending most of his time at PF. Smoove is an under-sized PF who can out atheletic any big in the league, but still thinks he's a swing SF/PF.

Bibby came in well past his prime and has gone down a steep hill.

Marvin is the invisible man due mostly to the scheme.

Teague should still be a rook next year with the minutes he got (see Law).

Woodson should have been fired three years ago and he's screwing this team up.

S&T JJ in a deal with Bibby and Zaza and bring in a coach that'll get his team moving inteligently and playing together.

If we trade: JJ / Zaza / Bibby; we have:

Horford

Smoove

MW / Mo

Craw

Teague

#24 and #54

Jo Smith, Morris, Collins, rio are expiring.

Man , I cant agree with you more . I always thought Marvins lack of scoring had more to do with the systems and JJ's off balance , shoot first mentality . I would love to see a systems with more balanced scoring and sharing the ball and going with the hot hand instead of forced shots .

I was very depressed last night cause we loss LIKE MANY, I even loss sleep last night cause we dropped a game we should have won! Im feeling better and thinking this thing through. We still have a chance ATL we just have to close the games out better starting tomorrow we need to beat these guys and show the NBA we are for real! Hell most of us ought to gon ahead and stick by the hawks and believe! I mean thats what MIL fans do! I was reading their message boards and they had all the confidence in the world against us. We as Hawk Fans need to have that same confidence in our players. I have stuck with this team too long and supported and even backed up things said about our team!

I and You have been there for this team all year long and before then!:

-When Diesel called out Marvin and said he wasnt a good player..........I was there supporting and backing Marvin up

-When most of this message board blamed everything on Woody.............I was there supporting and backing Woody up the whole time

-When people on this message board said Joe Johnson wasn't a real superstar and couldn't lead us anywhere........I was there backing JJ up and beliveing he could take us to that next level especially with this talented cast!

-When people said we couldn't beat Orlando or the Cavs.................I was there always believeing we could beat these two teams and anybody else in this league

I was there at all these situations and before then and Im not going to turn on my team Now! We can beat the bucks on the road and finish this series at the phillips arena on sunday and move to the 2nd round! We as fans can't be down on our team! We must give our team some confidence and help them believe! It's a shame theire fans even have more heart than our fans even at this difficult situation! IF YOU ARE A TRUE HAWKS FAN YOU WILL PRAY AND HAVE FAITH THAT WE WILL COME OUT ON TOP ATL AND OTHERS AROUND THE NATION SUPPORTING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO ATL HAWKS!!!! Last that I ask from EVERYBODY is to PRAY: THAT WE WIN THE NEXT 2 GAMES AND ADVANCE TO THE 2ND ROUND!!!! AGAIN IM ASKING EVERYBODY TO PRAY FOR YOUR ATL HAWKS!!! PLEASE!!!!

:angel19: :angel19: :angel19:

Anytime the Hawks start building credibility they will blow it. They don't play hard and they don't care about winning. These last 3 L's prove they don't want to win very bad.