• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time to trade ALL of the core players and start over.

Plainview1981

Keeping this "team" together new coach or not will just waste more years and postpone what will eventually have to happen when we discover under a new coach that this team isn't talented or mentally tough enough to get to the finals. This team has far too many role players. It's going to be tough enough to build a finals contender when you're limited by the salary cap. It's going to even tougher when you have JJ, JC, Josh Smith all making nearly 10 million a year when none of the three are stars or even close to be stars. Then you factor in that Al might demand 10+ million dollars when in fact he is only a role player. Then we got Marvin who is about a 4 million a year player making what.... 8 million is it?

No finals team is ever going to build with these guys in the starting line up. This team Billy Knight basically put together will be tore apart just like the team he put together in Van/Memphis. People might as well accept it. This team failed. It's time to try again. You can keep giving extremely flawed players like Josh Smith a chance, but it will end with the same results. People kept giving Darius Miles chances. But at the end of the day they have too many flaws that you can't build a top team around them.

• Like 3

It's easy to see the talent gap between these two teams. We've seen it the last 3 years now. The smart people knew this was gonna happen. We aren't even good enough to beat this team at Philips. I suspect we get swept because they won't wanna go back to Orlando.

I Would trade Josh for a Center. Move Al at the PF. Trade Mike Bibby+Marvin+ZAZA+ 1st Round Pick For Devin Harris. Let Joe walk. pick up some free agents. Also resign Mario West and give him playing time.

Edited by DJKadafi

Horford is the one untouchable in my book, too.

That said, this is the kind of thread that pisses people off about you, Hots.

Why does it piss you off?

They gave a good effort for 3 periods. But this team was poorly put together from the start. Billy Knight purposely build a team that has players out of position and the project looked like failure when he started building this team and it looks like a failure now. If were talking about making a legit finals run anyway. He didn't think a quality PG or quality center was needed despite the fact that most championship teams have one. Billy Knight was foolish and he failed at his job. That's why neither team he put together can go deep in the playoffs. Memphis realized that they were on a road headed to nowhere and tore their team up. That's what this team needs to do.

I Would trade Josh for a Center. Move Al at the PF. Trade Mike Bibby+Marvin+ZAZA+ 1st Round Pick For Devin Harris. Let Joe walk. pick up some free agents. Also resign Mario West and give him playing time.

That's too much salary for Harris but if any combination of Bibby/Marvin/1st or Zaza/Marvin/1st (or Teague) got us Harris, I'd be ecstatic. If Bosh wants that 6th year and decides to work with Toronto on a sign-and-trade, maybe we could entice Toronto with Josh Smith? Outside of maybe David Lee from NY, what else could they expect? Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill? That doesn't beat Smith. I'd rather have Smith over Beasley from Miami as well as any pieces that Chicago would send in return not named Rose or Noah.

Our future going forward would be a new coach + Bosh/Horford/Harris >>>> Wow

• Like 1

That's too much salary for Harris but if any combination of Bibby/Marvin/1st or Zaza/Marvin/1st (or Teague) got us Harris, I'd be ecstatic. If Bosh wants that 6th year and decides to work with Toronto on a sign-and-trade, maybe we could entice Toronto with Josh Smith? Outside of maybe David Lee from NY, what else could they expect? Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill? That doesn't beat Smith. I'd rather have Smith over Beasley from Miami as well as any pieces that Chicago would send in return not named Rose or Noah.

Our future going forward would be a new coach + Bosh/Horford/Harris >>>> Wow

That sounds nice in theory but I am not sure how you can accomplish it without having the rest of the roster made-up of NBDL level talent.

• Premium Member

First we need to get rid of Woody and S&T Joe if possible, then try to trade Smoove for a true Center. Get an Avery Johnson or Mike Fratello in and let's see what happens next season. I'm not done with Marvin yet, he's got to have a chance to play in a scheme which doesn't gets him waiting for the ball at the corner.

GET RID OF MO, JOE SMITH, COLLINS AND RANDMO ASAP. THEY DON'T BELONG IN THE NBA. THE BENCH HURTS US MUCH MORE THAN THE STARTING FIVE. :go ahead:

First we need to get rid of Woody and S&T Joe if possible, then try to trade Smoove for a true Center. Get an Avery Johnson or Mike Fratello in and let's see what happens next season. I'm not done with Marvin yet, he's got to have a chance to play in a scheme which doesn't gets him waiting for the ball at the corner.

GET RID OF MO, JOE SMITH, COLLINS AND RANDMO ASAP. THEY DON'T BELONG IN THE NBA. THE BENCH HURTS US MUCH MORE THAN THE STARTING FIVE. :go ahead:

What's Avery Johnson going to do? Who is going to be the PG next year? Jeff Teague? C'mon... If AJ was good a developing PG's Devin Harris wouldn't be playing for the Nets right now. Harris wasn't reaching his potential under Avery Johnson. So why would Jeff Teague?

What true center are you going to get? When was the last time a team did anything meaningful with Mike Fratello as a coach? He couldn't even get hired over Tim Floyd.

as much as i'd like to give hots a TO right now I really can't justify it.

A troll is a troll and Hots could word his posts differently but the fact of the matter is the same.

When they said the Hawks hadn't drafted a player who had made the all-star team before Al Horford since Kevin Willis it all sank in. WOW. Since Kevin Willis.

I think Hots' original post should be ignored though we have some good pieces but as a Woody supporter I just don't think they are being used efficiently.

Bye bye Woody I think you're gone. That is assuming ownership is willing to pay a retread coach like fratello as opposed to going bargain basement for another assistant.

HIRE BILL LAMBEER AND EVERYTHING WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF!

i completely disagree. lets try a diff. coach before wanting to get rid of our core players first. lets see what the new coach can get out of these players first! if nothing after a new coach first then start making moves.

Quit crying.

Ya'll kill me with the damn crybaby act every single time we lose a game.

We lost on the road to an NBA Finals contender . . in their building. We battled this team toe to toe, until about the 7 min mark, when they pulled away. If you ask me, we definitely made progress. And if JJ or Jamal would've made a few shots in the 4th, maybe we win or lose by 6 or less points.

Everybody on this board knows that they're better than us. So why all of the crying?

LOL @ blow up the team. And then what? Do an NBA 2K10 like trade that you can't do in the real world? Wish on a star for a superstar?

We're down 2 - 0 . . . now they have to come to Philips. Let's see if we can win 2 games, and make it a series again.

Two well-coached teams ( Utah and San Antonio ) are also down 2 - 0. And the only reason Boston isn't down 2 - 0, is because of Lebron's elbow.

So let's see if we can play 2 inspired games at home, and tie this series up 2 - 2.

Orlando did what they're supposed to do. Now it's time for us to do what we're supposed to do.

i completely disagree. lets try a diff. coach before wanting to get rid of our core players first. lets see what the new coach can get out of these players first! if nothing after a new coach first then start making moves.

I agree JTB, I would like to see what a different coach would do with this group plus a few upgrades. Brendan Haywood is a free agent I think, what are the chances of us getting him.

agre with this but gonna have 2 make a decision after for JJ and Bibby