• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Horford be #1 option?

Dexmethylphenidate

• Premium Member

Sure, if you want the Hawks to go 30-52. Love Al, but he isn't a 20ppg guy. He just doesn't have Bosh's smoothness, Duncan's repertoire, or Shaq (back in the day)/D-12's combination of size and power. And you can't be a #1 option for a playoff team as a big man without that type of game.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

To answer the question of the post...

Not yet.

I am encouraged to see Horf hitting the midrange Jumper with some consistency. However, a #1 option has to be able to create for himself. That's what Joe got going for him.. He does create for himself. His problem is that he really needs a real PG and a offensive gameplan that requires the PG to run the offense and find Joe in it.

Not in this offense, with this roster, with this system. He's a PnR PF, no way could he have that impact if the important players around him aren't PnR types.

• Premium Member

While I don't think he's a # 1 option, I do think he has the ability to do more offensively. I agree with nbasuperstar40 in that I also believe (as do many nba folks) that Al is a power forward. If you put him in a position where both his quickness and his size become positives in his favor, he will produce more offensively. I don't have any numbers off the top of my head, but if you look at the games where Al has played against teams (New York, Toronto, Chicago) who play guys who are really power forwards at the center spot, Al goes from good to dominate. If he ever is allowed to play the four full time, I think those type of performances become a regular staple. Al is very talented and versatile.

• Moderators

Hofo will become the #1 option, in a few years, once the offense transitions from Woody's laissez-faire offense to an actual system. He'll have better post moves and is capable of better ball-handling and decision-making as a passer.

~lw3

He can be a pick-n-roll type guy similar to Carl Malone, don't know if he will be as good but he hits that lil 15 footer with enough consistency and he is quick enough to dive to the front of the rim.