• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson could care less about us

GameTime

I really dont want to do a sign and trade with Joe and bring on avg players with poor contracts trying to pawn off on us...

Destroy and rebuild ...

I would tend to agree with "Destroy and Rebuild" because I would like to see all traces of the "BK Debacle" gone. Problem is - we have some pretty solid assets. It wouldn 't be fair to the guys to just tank. Package JJ on a S-N-T (he will get more money that way and that's all he cares about) and force another team to take Marvin. Sign the best SF from the NBDL/CBA and forget about Marvin....water under the bridge. Get a decent quality center from the deal. FIRE WOODY (actually we don't have to fire Woody...just let his contract expire), and get a decent coach. See what happens next year and then adjust.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I understand what Joe Johnson is saying.

Who are we to judge? We are not playing the game....

Who are we to boo? Like Northcyde said.... After the third miss. Way to go fans.... Way to show support for your team.

Have we forgot what fans are about? To cheer for the good and bad. To always defend if they get blown out?

I mean I am the only Hawks fan at work and all people are talking crap.... But guess what? I am still defending them with a smile on my face. That is what a fan is about.

Before you throw this guy into the fire, remember that he is a human being. He has emotions. Don't you think he is very upset at himself? I think his reaction, even though left field, was human. Give the guy a break.

As a professional player, you should not care what the fans think. Because one day they love you.... And then one day they hate you. You are only as good as your performance to them.

Yet the team.... They always have your back and care because they are in the trenches with you. That is what he was trying to say.

As a player in football and basketball... I understand this. I hope he stays and we get a new coach to lead this team so then next year everyone will be loving JJ again.

As a manager I never blame the performance on my people, but on myself. Take Woodson out, keep JJ and see what we really can do.

• Like 2

It's crazy how the fans at Phillips just turned on Joe like that. Whenever I go to the games and hear the starting line ups called, JJ gets the loudest reaction. Now neither Joe or the fans care for each other.

I would tend to agree with "Destroy and Rebuild" because I would like to see all traces of the "BK Debacle" gone. Problem is - we have some pretty solid assets. It wouldn 't be fair to the guys to just tank. Package JJ on a S-N-T (he will get more money that way and that's all he cares about) and force another team to take Marvin. Sign the best SF from the NBDL/CBA and forget about Marvin....water under the bridge. Get a decent quality center from the deal. FIRE WOODY (actually we don't have to fire Woody...just let his contract expire), and get a decent coach. See what happens next year and then adjust.

The only piece I say on this team that is worth keeping is AL Horford and he is limited offensively...

Im all for packaging Josh Smith/Marvin for Oakfor/Collsion .. ..now we all know Oakfor is a waste of life and nothing special but were going to have to take

contracts on as well as get a promising young PG . I really dont want Oakfor either but he is a bad contract so im trading 2 bad contracts Josh/Marvin for one bad contract and a young pg

PG Collison

SG Jamal Crawford

SF Jordan Crawford....think this kid can be a stud so im all for drafting him or moving up to get him

PF Al Horford

C Oakfor

Now that isnt a lineup that is going to get us anywhere in the playoffs we will struggle but im looking at making a run at Melo come next off season

PG Collison

SG Jordan Crawford...slide him into 2 ..Jamal salary clears off our books

SF Carmelo Anthony

PF Al Horford

C Oakfor

Now that is a contender...

Why would Carmelo sign with the Atlanta Hawks hypothetical

Young nucleus : Horford, Collison, Jordan Crawford

His record label is in ATLANTA

His wife loves Atlanta and she is friends with alot of people that are here

This needs to be said, although I don't want to say it....

I'm an out of town Hawks fan in Denver, but I honestly don't blame Joe Johnson for getting upset with the fans... They have proven they are the worst fans in the playoffs (perhaps tied with LA). The fans don't care.. don't create a good atmosphere at all.. Then they turn their backs when it goes wrong. I am disappointed in this team, but mostly these fans. I'm tired of watching Hawks games at the Highlight Factory, only to be filled with empty seats.. I'm not really sure that ATL deserves an NBA team.

• Like 1

I'm an out of town Hawks fan in Denver, but I honestly don't blame Joe Johnson for getting upset with the fans... They have proven they are the worst fans in the playoffs (perhaps tied with LA). The fans don't care.. don't create a good atmosphere at all.. Then they turn their backs when it goes wrong. I am disappointed in this team, but mostly these fans. I'm tired of watching Hawks games at the Highlight Factory, only to be filled with empty seats.. I'm not really sure that ATL deserves an NBA team.

Do you blame Joe Johnson for being dumb enough to voice his displeasure with the fans to the media? Or do you blame the fans for Joe Johnson being that dumb?

This is a stupid post! How can you say the fans don't care or show up? Hawks were 34-7 at HOME this year! WIthout the home crowds the Hawks would not win this many games. How did the Hawks take the Celtics to 7 games 3 year ago? We won all three home games because of the electric home crowd. I know because i went to every game and they feed off the fans. You are a complete moron! JJ has done NOTHING this whole postseason and there is no problem with the fans including me to boo this team right now. Give me a break.

• Like 1

wow, Johnson talking about fans? Don't try that in NY Mr. Joe. The poor guy will get verbally destroyed on a daily. I'm just surprised Hawks fans have been so patient with the boos. This team just needs to go out of this season tomorrow with a little heart. Crawford, Horford, Evans (even though he sucks) and Teague seem to have it. I would love to watch a good playoff game with the Hawks name on the bill. Hopefully these guys go out and give their fans a good home stand.

wow. The Hawks have fed off the energy at Phillips all year , have a stellar 34-7 home record, and Joe is going to diss the fans of Atlanta ? I hate to break it to him ,but those fans came to see a competitive game , not a bunch of overpaid guys going through the motions. You or no one can convince me that this Atlanta team that won over 50 games is this bad.

I think we are seeing a team that is tired of their coach , tired of their game plan , and simply tired of standing around while Joe dribbles and shoots off balance shots . The fans are sick of seeing uninspired basketball. I for one don't mind supporting a team that gets bounced 4games to none, but not one that lays down and doesn't try.

At seasons end, I think everyone needs to be brought in to evaluate if they deserve to remain with the team , to me no one should be safe .

After a day to take this whole thing in, I have decided that Joe Johnson is completely correct about this city in a whole. This city does not care about any of its sports teams, well maybe Georgia football, but thats about it. People in Boston, New York, and Philadelphia go to sporting events to cheer on teams that they love no matter how bad or good they are. Atlanta sports fans go to games and treat them like an event, How else do explain the fact that the crowd generally does not show up until halftime. Watch next season the building looks empty but somehow by the 2nd half more people have filed in. This cities sports fans SUCK!!!!! I am one of them so I can criticize as much as anyone else. Booing your team off the floor is absolutely obsurd!!!!! I know I compare Atlanta to Philadelphia, but booing your team off the floor is a very "philadelphia" mind set, and if you are content with the fact that your are acting like a Philadelphian. And if that's the way you want to be looked at then by all means go right ahead, but I beleive this city is better than that. So please just dont show up tommorow, stay home and boo at your television. It's a damn shame because this team has been so good and I would rather be playoff good than just outside of the playoffs and just outside of the lottery. Being mediocre in the NBA is far worse than being mediocre in any other professional or collegiate sport. You can never turn around a mediocre team which means we would have to revert back to 13 wins so you can watch a plastic ball bounce around to determine your fate. I LIKE PLAYOFF BASKETBALL, and if you don't then go root for the formentioned Philadelphia 76ers. I think that this team needs a new direction. Woody will be replaced at the end of this season and I firmly beleive that this team can be maximized by a different leader. I think half the reason Joe dribbles the air out of the ball is because Woodson knows nothing about offense. Be careful what you wish for Atlanta, booing our team off the floor, and we complain that players dont want to play in Atlanta, well you have yourselves to blame. You only show up in the playoffs anyway, and then you come and root for the likes of LeBron and Kobe. It's a complete joke that we are visitors in our own building when Cleveland and LA are in town. As a fan I am disgusted with this city and their fairweather fans, I can only imagine how it would feel if I was a player. Hats off to you Joe for calling it like you see it.... Hope you are in a Hawks uniform next season. I will forever love this team win lose or show!!!!

After a day to take this whole thing in, I have decided that Joe Johnson is completely correct about this city in a whole. This city does not care about any of its sports teams, well maybe Georgia football, but thats about it. People in Boston, New York, and Philadelphia go to sporting events to cheer on teams that they love no matter how bad or good they are. Atlanta sports fans go to games and treat them like an event, How else do explain the fact that the crowd generally does not show up until halftime. Watch next season the building looks empty but somehow by the 2nd half more people have filed in. This cities sports fans SUCK!!!!! I am one of them so I can criticize as much as anyone else. Booing your team off the floor is absolutely obsurd!!!!! I know I compare Atlanta to Philadelphia, but booing your team off the floor is a very "philadelphia" mind set, and if you are content with the fact that your are acting like a Philadelphian. And if that's the way you want to be looked at then by all means go right ahead, but I beleive this city is better than that. So please just dont show up tommorow, stay home and boo at your television. It's a damn shame because this team has been so good and I would rather be playoff good than just outside of the playoffs and just outside of the lottery. Being mediocre in the NBA is far worse than being mediocre in any other professional or collegiate sport. You can never turn around a mediocre team which means we would have to revert back to 13 wins so you can watch a plastic ball bounce around to determine your fate. I LIKE PLAYOFF BASKETBALL, and if you don't then go root for the formentioned Philadelphia 76ers. I think that this team needs a new direction. Woody will be replaced at the end of this season and I firmly beleive that this team can be maximized by a different leader. I think half the reason Joe dribbles the air out of the ball is because Woodson knows nothing about offense. Be careful what you wish for Atlanta, booing our team off the floor, and we complain that players dont want to play in Atlanta, well you have yourselves to blame. You only show up in the playoffs anyway, and then you come and root for the likes of LeBron and Kobe. It's a complete joke that we are visitors in our own building when Cleveland and LA are in town. As a fan I am disgusted with this city and their fairweather fans, I can only imagine how it would feel if I was a player. Hats off to you Joe for calling it like you see it.... Hope you are in a Hawks uniform next season. I will forever love this team win lose or show!!!!

Right because New York, Boston, and Philly fans never boo their own team?

I'm tired of people raggin on this city's fans. For God's sake, we just had the worst playoff loss in franchise history, and followed it up two games later by the worst playoff home loss in franchise history, and we don't have a right to boo? We showed in game 2, that we can hang with Orlando. It's just a matter of effort. I didn't sense any real urgency in Game 3 from the tip-off til the final buzzer. And had I been stupid enough to pay for a ticket...I would have been right there booing along with everyone else.

Joe Johnson is a complete and utter moron. His Twitter account that he deleted clearly shows that he is an immature crybaby. Let someone else pay him a **** load. I'm done with him. Build this team around Horford and Smith and we can be just as good if not better. Oh yeah, and fire Woody.

I'm tired of people raggin on this city's fans. For God's sake, we just had the worst playoff loss in franchise history, and followed it up two games later by the worst playoff home loss in franchise history, and we don't have a right to boo? We showed in game 2, that we can hang with Orlando. It's just a matter of effort. I didn't sense any real urgency in Game 3 from the tip-off til the final buzzer. And had I been stupid enough to pay for a ticket...I would have been right there booing along with everyone else.

Denying that this city's fans dont suck is a problem that i cannot help you with............. we are as fairweathered as it gets

Hey gutz, "complete moron"? Stay classy..

Plskeepbibby has it right on the head.. whether you guys want to admit it or not, these games are treated like an event. Atlanta does not deserve this team.. I have heard from some reliable sources that a lot of the players don't like the fans, and it creates a weird line of discontent. The only attractive thing Atlanta has for prospective free agents is the fact there are a lot of good-looking single women in ATL, and that is a known fact. To be honest, that should be such a major selling point to get NBA Free Agents, but since it is such a terrible basketball town, that turns a lot of FA's away.

Don't get me wrong, Denver the place I live in is fairweathered, but not to the magnitiude of Atlanta. When national broadcasters come in and talk about how quiet or how many empty seats there are in the arena, that is a bad thing. I don't blame the fans for this poor performance of the Hawks, but I do blame them for not being a good crowd, or a smart crowd for that matter. If I had to guess the top 5 cities that could lose a team in the next decade because of lack of support, ATL would have to be right up there with the likes of Memphis.. Do I like to say this? No. But this team might be better off in St. Louis where it came from.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The people who are booing aren't the ones who are crappy fans. It's the 99% of Atlanta's population that simply doesn't give a damn about the Hawks. I actually am fine with people booing the Hawks after Saturday's loss. I would have booed too. But like with all Atlanta teams, including the 1990's Braves, there are worse teams that consistently outdraw the Hawks. Atlanta has a transplant population that only attends home games 1) when it first becomes fashionable to do so and/or 2) when superstars are in town. I don't know of any other city in the country where that's true. That's what makes Atlantans crappy fans, at least in my view.

Edited by niremetal

They started booing EARLY though. I mean . . . real early. The game was still well within reach, and they started booing. We've gotten off to plenty of slow starts at home, only to come back in the game. But I'd say about 15% of the crowd were booing by midway through the 1st quarter, and it progressively got worse as the half went on. The negative energy in that arena was AMAZING. The crowd was hoping the Hawks would win. But as soon as JJ started missing shots and Orlando built a 10 point lead, a lot of the crowd instantly gave up on the Hawks.

Hey gutz, "complete moron"? Stay classy..

Plskeepbibby has it right on the head.. whether you guys want to admit it or not, these games are treated like an event. Atlanta does not deserve this team.. I have heard from some reliable sources that a lot of the players don't like the fans, and it creates a weird line of discontent. The only attractive thing Atlanta has for prospective free agents is the fact there are a lot of good-looking single women in ATL, and that is a known fact. To be honest, that should be such a major selling point to get NBA Free Agents, but since it is such a terrible basketball town, that turns a lot of FA's away.

Don't get me wrong, Denver the place I live in is fairweathered, but not to the magnitiude of Atlanta. When national broadcasters come in and talk about how quiet or how many empty seats there are in the arena, that is a bad thing. I don't blame the fans for this poor performance of the Hawks, but I do blame them for not being a good crowd, or a smart crowd for that matter. If I had to guess the top 5 cities that could lose a team in the next decade because of lack of support, ATL would have to be right up there with the likes of Memphis.. Do I like to say this? No. But this team might be better off in St. Louis where it came from.

hey don't make ridiculous posts that make no sense then and I won't call you a moron . Are you honestly going to sit there and say New York fans have never booed the Yankees, Mets, or Knicks? Give me a break man. Every fan in every city has a right to boo their team espeically when your team gives ZERO EFFORT like the Hawks have this entire series except for maybe Game 2. You guys need to quit whining about ATL not having good fans. I live in the ATL and have been a dedicated fan for years but I won't stand for my team not even trying in probably the biggest home playoff game for the Hawks since the Nique days on Sat.

• Like 1