• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The revision of offseason plan 2.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Now that Woody is gone and Mo will opt out.... Check Check...

1. Hire Sam Mitchell.

2. Sign JJ. 6 yrs but no max.

3. Trade Josh Smith/Marvin for Bosh/1st 2011 (SNT).

This is the newest wrinkle. I didn't really think hard about it because to me, Bosh is not a good defensive player. However, his offense is ubiquitous. He played at GTech. Toronto actually couldn't have asked for a better deal. Matter of fact, they should give us their first.. but no matter.

4. Sign Childress to QO.

5. Sign Steve Blake with MLE.

6. Sign Drew Gooden

1. Hire Sam Mitchell.

This is the newest wrinkle. I didn't really think hard about it because to me, Bosh is not a good defensive player. However, his offense is ubiquitous. He played at GTech. Toronto actually couldn't have asked for a better deal. Matter of fact, they should give us their first.. but no matter.

4. Sign Childress to QO.

6. Sign Drew Gooden

I am with you Diesel on making a big move to get a all-star caliber player to team with JJ, provided we can sign him. If we had Bosh and JJ; only missing peice is PG; which hopefully we could get with Craw's expiring. I would like to draft a shooter with our 1st round pick; unless someone great drops in our laps.

Not everyone can get a Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Howard, or Lebron in their prime; those kind of players can take you to elite with just one more all-star. IMO The rest of the league with mere mortal all-stars need three.

That would give us three. JJ, Bosh, Horf....

And for those who think Smoove is our next all-star and I am just a hater. I am not. Smoove and JJ could work on our team. What I am saying is by getting Bosh, which Diesel also mentioned, this gives us needed offensive help. Keeping Smoove could also work, if we got a offensive all-star at a different position than JJs and Smooves.

We have to get another offensive weapon in our starting lineup. Bosh IMO is the best of both worlds. He is a all-star who has all the needed offensive tools for his position.

Edited by Buzzard

Josh isn't going anywhere. I don't know why I see so many posts wanting him gone.... sure he plays boneheaded sometimes, but we are NOTHING defensivly without Smoove on the court. NOTHING. Josh is one of the core pieces in the franchise and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

• Premium Member

I am with you Diesel on making a big move to get a all-star caliber player to team with JJ, provided we can sign him. If we had Bosh and JJ; only missing peice is PG; which hopefully we could get with Craw's expiring. I would like to draft a shooter with our 1st round pick; unless someone great drops in our laps.

Not everyone can get a Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Howard, or Lebron in their prime; those kind of players can take you to elite with just one more all-star. IMO The rest of the league with mere mortal all-stars need three.

That would give us three. JJ, Bosh, Horf....

And for those who think Smoove is our next all-star and I am just a hater. I am not. Smoove and JJ could work on our team. What I am saying is by getting Bosh, which Diesel also mentioned, this gives us needed offensive help. Keeping Smoove could also work, if we got a offensive all-star at a different position than JJs and Smooves.

We have to get another offensive weapon in our starting lineup. Bosh IMO is the best of both worlds. He is a all-star who has all the needed offensive tools for his position.

I have mixed feelings on trading Smoove simply because I know that there's more to Smoove than what we have seen. However, I thought I would be past it, but his immaturity... That's something that we can take into the future. Smoove is going to be a very complete player who will be an allstar, but dude hasn't matured. Bosh is at the win now window. Bosh + JJ + Horf could be the right formula. I was watching KG destroy Shaq in the playoffs and I thought about it. Horf doesn't have to be any taller. He just needs to perfect his game. When we have Bosh in the midrange dropping those KG midrange shots with deadly accuracy... We'll kill the competition. I still have hope for Teague but I think our PG is Blake. Blake is an 8 or 9 assist PG waiting to happen. Plus he can drain the open Jumper. If there's some way we can get a more defensive PG who can run the offense... with the MLE.. let me know. However, Rondo is not walking through that door.

I have said it before.. I would like to keep Jamal's around because of his ability to break down a team. He comes off the bench and kills other teams.

I like it all.

Bosh for Smoove / Marvin would be beautiful.

Haslem or Gooden is the best we can probably hope for the MLE

It would be great to have Chillz.. His situation will be interesting. How high will Sund go to match an offer. Is their a S & T out there where we wouod actually want the player attached to the salary.

I'm not crazy about Blake since we have Bibby.

Bosh and Horford are both good mid range shooters so they would not clog the paint on offense.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Josh isn't going anywhere. I don't know why I see so many posts wanting him gone.... sure he plays boneheaded sometimes, but we are NOTHING defensivly without Smoove on the court. NOTHING. Josh is one of the core pieces in the franchise and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Here's the thing. Horf is a better positional defender than Smoove. Smoove is actually not so good as a positional defender.. and if you haven't noticed, his blocks are decreasing. Josh never focused on becoming a post defender and his footwork isn't really good enough to defend out toward the perimeter. He's a matchup problem when he has to move his feet. That's the problem he had with Illyasova. Illyasova made him move his feet. He really couldn't do much against Lewis or Howard but get hit in the face and cry.

So as Smith gets older, his defense is less neccessary. SNT of Bosh to us... Damn. that would be sweet. Offensively, we'd have a midrange game and shooters. Horf would just have to be able to work inside and he's getting there.

Just thinking.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

THE UNTOUCHABLES

On this Hawks roster, who is untouchable? Answer. No one. If, as the hit TV show says, "The Price is Right!,"

just watch them leave.

We can't trade ____________ because ??? Nope. Can't come up with a name to put there. Now, we don't

have a fire sale going on and we don't want to "flush" the roster as was necessary several years ago which

resulted in a 13 win season.

However, no one is untouchable.

I have watched Josh Smith as he is interviewed after a game. He is well spoken. Sounds like he knows the

game of basketball and all that's involved.

Then, why can't he grow up and act like an adult when he's on the floor? He cries, He complains. He pouts.

If he was a small child, he should be spanked and made to sit in the corner. Fantastic player. Great, God Given talent.

He's old enough and wise enough to quit this baby stuff.

:kickcan:

No way are Blake, Haslem or Gooden worth the MLE. Those are filler backup players. Would I like having Haslem off the bench? Definitely. He'd be ideal but not for $5+ million. We need to be smart with our money so we can match any Horford offers comfortably.

Also, my pipe dream is to trade Smith/Marvin for Bosh. No way is Toronto adding their 2011 1st. They may be lottery bound for a few years if they lose Bosh.

Definitely try and bring Josh Childress here. In order to easily absorb a contract for him and feel confident about extending Horford I suggest a trade with the LA Lakers. Mike Bibby for Sasha Vujacic straight up. Strictly a financial trade as Sasha's deal is over at the end of this upcoming season. That would save us the $6 million on Bibby's last year.

I would trade Toronto Smoove/Marvin straight up for Bosh/

Weems would give us a 6'6 wing player who can create his own offense play solid defense and also plenty of highlight dunks for the highlight factory all for the cheap. That would give help give us some capable scorers which is what our bench lacks. It would also take pressure off of Jamal if we choose to keep him. We could trade the rights for Chillz to clear space or help acquire a PG.

• Admin

1. Hire Sam Mitchell.

4. Sign Childress to QO.

6. Sign Drew Gooden

Usually I have reservations about your trades/signings but this is one I can get on board with. I think the combo of Bosh/Horford would be excellent and cause a lot of matchup nightmares for other teams. Bosh and JJ would be a great one / two punch and I do want Childress back here (especially if we make the trade involving Marvin). I think for this to happen Bosh will have to want to come here, also JJ will have to want to return. I think if Bosh was coming here JJ would definitely want to resign. He wants money but he also wants to win. Bosh get his wish, he gets to be the star and also have a second banana who is also a star. JJ seems willing to sign with a team where he is going to be a second banana ( go where Lebron, Wade is etc) so why not here.

Haslem is a better option then Gooden. They both rebound (Gooden is a better offensive player) but Haslem is a better defender role player.

Blake is a decent backup pg but I don't know if we need him...it will depend on the development of Teague. If Teague is ready then we have Bibby as our backup PG as well as not to forget that we also have Crawford. That way the money is better spent on a backup sf to replace Mo (unless we resign Mo which I am not against).

I am not sure of Sam Mitchell. I am actually more interested in Ty Corbin lately. He is supposed to be Jerry Sloan's successor when Sloan is ready to step down. I think his experience with Sloan would be great and he has the potential to be an excellent coach.

Good post. I honestly believe, they winning may take the center stage for JJ this summer. He has to know that money won't be an issue because he will get a huge deal regardless of where he chooses to play. That is unless someone offers him a huuuuge deal of course. If we somehow got Bosh in here to go with JJ and Al. That is a very strong nucleus to build around.

That's a good graphic right there. All of those guys in that particular season, were arguably a top 20 - 30 player in the league. It's impressive that JJ makes that list 3 times, more than any other player, with the 2009 - 10 season being the best season yet. I vaguely remember Walter Davis in the mid-80s, seeing that the only time Phoenix was on TV, is if they were in the playoffs. He could definitely ball.

I would trade Toronto Smoove/Marvin straight up for Bosh/

Weems would give us a 6'6 wing player who can create his own offense play solid defense and also plenty of highlight dunks for the highlight factory all for the cheap. That would give help give us some capable scorers which is what our bench lacks. It would also take pressure off of Jamal if we choose to keep him. We could trade the rights for Chillz to clear space or help acquire a PG.

Never heard of Weems til now. If we could get him, too... excellent.