• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deal Crawford

I love Crawford and how he played this year. The only reason I'm saying we should deal him is because his value is at an all time high right now. He had a great season that would be hard to duplicate. His contract runs up in 2011. He can't play defense all that well. I just think because of that we would be able to fill some holes we have like a big man, maybe a legit small forward or a combination of those if packaged with Bibby, Zaza, or even Marvin. I mean if we are going to resign JJ, we should seriously try to go all out for the best players to get us over the hump. I just think with JJ, Craw, Marv, we have too many wing players and redundancy in our lineup. Thoughts? Some players that come to mind:

Rudy Gay

Chris Kaman

Chris Bosh

ps Despite this post, I love Crawford and everything he did for us this year. I'm just trying to think of anything and everything to make us better in any way.

I love Crawford and how he played this year. The only reason I'm saying we should deal him is because his value is at an all time high right now. He had a great season that would be hard to duplicate. His contract runs up in 2011. He can't play defense all that well. I just think because of that we would be able to fill some holes we have like a big man, maybe a legit small forward or a combination of those if packaged with Bibby, Zaza, or even Marvin. I mean if we are going to resign JJ, we should seriously try to go all out for the best players to get us over the hump. I just think with JJ, Craw, Marv, we have too many wing players and redundancy in our lineup. Thoughts? Some players that come to mind:

Rudy Gay

Chris Kaman

Chris Bosh

ps Despite this post, I love Crawford and everything he did for us this year. I'm just trying to think of anything and everything to make us better in any way.

So...you want to get rid of Jamal to get another wing player? Rudy Gay is a 2/3.....wing player... Doesn't make sense.

Also, the Hawks lose a lot more games w/out Crawford.

Rudy Gay

Chris Kaman

Chris Bosh

Crawford and filler for Chris Bosh.........surely you jest?

• Premium Member

Crawford and filler for Chris Bosh.........surely you jest?

Isn't a joke if the Raps want to clear 2011 cap space and rebuild.

Here are a couple of realistic Crawford trade:

If Lebron leaves Cleveland their owner will be looking to shead all of his salary and get under the luxury tax. Trade Crawford's expriring contract for Mo Williams. Mo is not a top 5 PG like Rondo is but he is a top 15 PG.

If Wall is drafted by the Nets then we could trade Crawford's expiring deal for D. Harris.

Here are a couple of realistic Crawford trade:

If Lebron leaves Cleveland their owner will be looking to shead all of his salary and get under the luxury tax. Trade Crawford's expriring contract for Mo Williams. Mo is not a top 5 PG like Rondo is but he is a top 15 PG.

If Wall is drafted by the Nets then we could trade Crawford's expiring deal for D. Harris.

Lebron leaving would put the Cavs under the tax already and you should look at Mo Williams numbers before Lebron before saying hes a top 15 pg . Hes no better passer than JJ or Craw at this point .

Why would the Nets DUMP Harris simply because they were getting walls ? Because thats what it would be if they are willing to take back an expiring ? They would never DUMP him they would look for someone to insert into the core along side Walls.

Craw is worth far more to us at this point than what we could get in a trade simply because teams dont dump good young players for expirings but huge bad contracts .

If we were gonna trade Crawford it would be at the deadline next Feb after we have had a chance to see who becomes available .

Teams dump good players to save salary, see Gasol. This isn't unheard of and it is really our only chance to get to championship level. Like what the Pistons did with Rasheed. The Suns had looked at dumping Amare several times. If not the offseason, wait till during the season when someone gets disgruntled or a team with a good player is ready to blow it all up and start over.

• Moderators

Isn't a joke if the Raps want to clear 2011 cap space and rebuild.

If they want to clear cap space and are looking to rebuild - i.e., not worried about wins and may actually want more losses - why not just let Bosh go entirely and not S&T him for an expiring like Crawford? That saves spending $10M on a losing season.

Craw's game is made for the MIKE WOODSON.

fixed, Crawford will probably go back to being Crawful since Woodsona and his 1 on 1 offense is gone. we could still use him but if we can use him to get a good piece i'd do it.

Edited by Cwell

Lebron leaving would put the Cavs under the tax already and you should look at Mo Williams numbers before Lebron before saying hes a top 15 pg . Hes no better passer than JJ or Craw at this point .

Why would the Nets DUMP Harris simply because they were getting walls ? Because thats what it would be if they are willing to take back an expiring ? They would never DUMP him they would look for someone to insert into the core along side Walls.

Craw is worth far more to us at this point than what we could get in a trade simply because teams dont dump good young players for expirings but huge bad contracts .

If we were gonna trade Crawford it would be at the deadline next Feb after we have had a chance to see who becomes available .

um Mo put up 17 and 6 two straight seasons in Milwaukee before being traded

um Mo put up 17 and 6 two straight seasons in Milwaukee before being traded

and they were one of the most undisciplined ,shot happy teams in the league the Bucks traded him for Ridnour because he wasnt a PG . Both Redd and Mop shot with reckless abandon in Milwaukee which is why they want ed to get someone else in so they could at least try and run the offense through Bogut .

If you want someone to lead and run a team Im gonna say no hes no better than JJ or Crawford in that regard . Hes still a shoot first guard in the same mold of the ones we have already.

As for one on one Craw didnt go one on one nearly as much as people try and claim .its like one person says something and then others just jump in without checking the actual figures . Crawford mostly worked out of a high screen and roll situation he would take the screen and get right into his midrange shot or he would dump it back to AL or Zaza.

Under a new coach Crawford would be used nearly the same way but also off of curls as well.

I am on board with trading Craw or anyone on our team to bring in a starter to help JJ. Hell I am on board to include anyone on our team with Crawford to get a all-star to help JJ. I really hope Sund is prepared to make some moves this off season. Not just to get help for JJ; but also in the advent that JJ bolts.

If JJ bolts we are in dire straits; there is absolutely no one on our team who is as equally good on both ends of the floor.

So...you want to get rid of Jamal to get another wing player? Rudy Gay is a 2/3.....wing player... Doesn't make sense.

Also, the Hawks lose a lot more games w/out Crawford.

Crawford is a 1/2 at 6'5'' and 190 pounds.

Gay is not much of a 2......he is more of a 3 at 6'9'' and 225 lbs. Gay is much younger too.

Edited by coachx