• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Childress is playing really well in Greece

GameTime

• Premium Member

helpsmilie.gif Bring him home Sund. I have always felt that Chill was better than being Woodson's "garbage man." We just didn't use him that way. He's going to come back to the NBA, he's going to find the right situation, and he's going to be a very good fit on a very good team.

If not (and I'd be surprised) at the very least, he can't be more than a non-factor on offense than Marvin.

helpsmilie.gif Bring him home Sund. I have always felt that Chill was better than being Woodson's "garbage man." We just didn't use him that way. He's going to come back to the NBA, he's going to find the right situation, and he's going to be a very good fit on a very good team.

If not (and I'd be surprised) at the very least, he can't be more than a non-factor on offense than Marvin.

I'm all for bringing Chillz back. Heck, I think he may be the missing piece to improving this team (roster as-is+Joe), but let's not annoint Chillz the saviour of this team based on some footage of him playing in what looked like mostly empty high-school gyms. He was dunking in every clip except for the blocked shots, which is pretty much what he did here. Chillz needed to have corrected that chicken wing jump shot to be highly effective as an offensive option to run plays for. Chillz does a great job at picking up hustle points or garbage points. That is his game IMO.

I'm all for bringing Chillz back. Heck, I think he may be the missing piece to improving this team (roster as-is+Joe), but let's not annoint Chillz the saviour of this team based on some footage of him playing in what looked like mostly empty high-school gyms. He was dunking in every clip except for the blocked shots, which is pretty much what he did here. Chillz needed to have corrected that chicken wing jump shot to be highly effective as an offensive option to run plays for. Chillz does a great job at picking up hustle points or garbage points. That is his game IMO.

I guess you didn't see the Euro final game? He did everything he could to put his on top. When I say everything I mean everything. 3pts, dunks, steals, blocks and reb.

In the Greek league he leads his team in every stat. lol He also, lead the league in scoring. Not to say Marvin will never develope but Chill is a better starting SF.

Good little reading on how Chill have been playing.

Oh and for those who think Euro-Ball is like a pick-up.... You are right! It is much more physical then the "YOu can't touch me or I will cry NBA" :whistling:

There is a reason why most of the "BAD GUYS OF THE NBA / voted dirty players in the NBA" are from over seas. lol

link

However Navarro was enjoying himself from outside and he knocked down a triple from the wing but a fired-up Childress replied instantly from the opposite end with a three of his own. Both sets of fans were now in full flow vocally and raising the temperature inside the Palais Omnisport even further with just under five minutes of the second half having elapsed. Childress then made two big defensive plays with a block and steal before Papaloukas made a play to the hoop for a Bourousis tip-in. However Barca came storming back as N'Dong slammed home the dunk while being fouled and before he got the chance to finish the three-point play, it was time-out 54-47 Barca with 4m 25 s remaining of the third. When the play resumed, N'Dong converted his free-throw. Sada then made it a mountain for Olympiacos once more with a step back three to take the margin to 11 again - the same as at the half-time break. An effortless jump-shot by N'Dong then increased the lead again at 60-47 and Childress took a seat having done his best to fire up the Reds.
Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

Well, I have felt this way about Chill LONG before he departed for Greece. I'm not looking at the video thinking that he's our savior. I recall his energy, athleticism, and watching videos of him doing this kind of stuff BEFORE WE DRAFTED HIM (that I wish I could find now).

BTW, not sure if anyone posted this elsewhere, but it's a video of him doing the same kind of stuff against NBA players MANY MOONS AGO:

Chill would only be an asset to this team. My hope is that another team doesn't bring him in at the bargain that we WISH we had.

Who are the past Greek-league MVPs to put that in context if it happens?

Greek A1 League MVP Awards

Season MVP Team

1987-88 Greece-United States Nikos Galis Aris Thessaloniki

1988-89 Greece-United States Nikos Galis Aris Thessaloniki

1989-90 Greece-United States Nikos Galis Aris Thessaloniki

1990-91 Greece-United States Nikos Galis Aris Thessaloniki

1991-92 Greece Giorgos Sigalas Olympiacos Piraeus

1992-93 Greece Giorgos Sigalas Olympiacos Piraeus

1993-94 Greece Giorgos Sigalas Olympiacos Piraeus

1994-95 Greece Giorgos Sigalas Olympiacos Piraeus

1995-96 Greece Giorgos Sigalas Olympiacos Piraeus

1996-97 United States David Rivers Olympiacos Piraeus

1997-98 Croatia Dino Radja Panathinaikos

1998-99 Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Dejan Bodiroga Panathinaikos

1999-00 Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Dejan Bodiroga Panathinaikos

2000-01 United States Alphonso Ford Peristeri

2001-02 Greece Dimos Dikoudis AEK Athens

2002-03 Slovenia Jaka Lakovič Panathinaikos

2003-04 Greece Dimitris Diamantidis Iraklis

2004-05 Slovenia Jaka Lakovič Panathinaikos

2005-06 Greece Dimitris Diamantidis Panathinaikos

2006-07 Greece Dimitris Diamantidis Panathinaikos

2007-08 Greece Dimitris Diamantidis Panathinaikos

2008-09 Greece Vassilis Spanoulis Panathinaikos

Is Dino Radja the one name on the list with past or future NBA experience? I remember him from those woeful Celtics teams in the mid-90s.

I had totally forgotten this guy, lol So what would you guys prefer? Smoove and Marv or Bosh and Chills? Providing of corse a Marv and Smoove for Bosh trade can be worked out because if it can be I think Chills will sign back here if he can start.