• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does everyone want to dismantle this team?

Marvin24Williams

I say all we really need to do is resign JJ. let bibby start but if he does bad then yank him and give teague a chance. Cause if you really think about it, it's not our team giving us problems, it was our coach and his horrible playbook and defensive strategies.

Edited by WhassupHawks

I wish it were that easy of an answer.

Fact is, we have a good, but not great team. And you can find a lot of flaws with this squad individually and chemistry wise. Changing coaches doesn't change our size issues nor our inability to make open jumpshots. Those are player/personnel issues.

I don't want this team broken up either. But if we can find players who will have the ability to make us a more well-rounded team, then I am open for guys to be moved.

• Like 1

For me it boils down to one question.......Can this team win a championship as constructed? My opinion is NO!

So the next question becomes what needs to happen in order for this team to become Orlando / Boston / Cleveland? My opinion, dismantle and build it right this time. All we need is the right GM (some believe in Sund) making the decisions.

Bottom line is Babcock and Billy Knight suck balls and I feel like we deserve a good GM and that GM deserves the opportunity to mold this team to his liking. If that means letting JJ walk and trading Josh Smith so be it. I believe the fans would still show up and watch a losing team if that losing team had someone like Chris Paul running the point.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

For the most part, Hawk fans jus didn't like Woody. Especially after our quick exit in round two for the second

year in a row.

Breaking up the club doesn't necessarily mean tearing everything down and starting over. We did that with Woody

and won 13 games that first season.

All our parts just don't exactly match. We have always needed a huge center and an athletic PG. Woody was never

given these two important parts. Doesn't excuse him for some of the obvious flaws in his overall coaching.

Five guys, all the same size, didn't work out, did it.

Either our assistant coaches weren't great OR Woody didn't listen to their wise council. Personally, I believe that

assistant coaches can and should make a difference. In order for this to happen, the head coach must make use

of their talents.

Before anything else happens, I think the Hawks need to have a head coach in place. Whoever he is, he needs to

have his input in all the moves, either great or small and who they draft and why.

:conversation:

• Like 1

If or when JJ leaves, we should keep the team together unless something better shows up.

The team has maximized its potential as it is currently constructed. So you either keep trotting out the same team and hope they miraculously get better than everything they've ever shown, or you start taking it apart and try to put together a new team that can take it to the next level.

• Premium Member

For these Hawks fans, it's their nature. It's a systematic welfare mentality that has cycled through for the past 30 years or so.

Think...

We dismantled after Nique.

We dismantled after the equivalent of a 50 win season during the Smith, Deke, and Mookie years.

We dismantled with Big Dog, Theo, JT, and SAR.

Now, I'm not saying that all those were not neccessary, but i want to point out that this group has a need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

How many applauded when we Broke up Smith, Deke, and Mookie?

They talked about addition by subtraction on losing Harrington for nothing.

They said good riddance when Chillz went to Greece.

Now they want to get rid of JJ, Jamal, Smith or Horf...

Many of them would just rather we be a lottery team and search for that next star. Like the Clippers do.

The bottom line is that there's not a winning attitude in Atlanta. We don't know how to build with patience.

When was the last time that LAL or Utah or Boston had to rebuild from the ground up?

They have had bad years, but they always maintained a star presence because they know that they can't feed their crowd this draft diet that teams like ours love to feed.

We should be at a place where instead of rebuilding, we're just reloading.

However, that's doubtful, the fans would have it that we lose all of our stars because for some reason our fanbase is not in touch with the fact that we are not a FA haven. FAs use us to get better contracts. Now that we have built a team that is back in the national spotlight, we ought to be trying to improve it, not dismantle it.

When was the last time that LAL or Utah or Boston had to rebuild from the ground up?

They have had bad years, but they always maintained a star presence because they know that they can't feed their crowd this draft diet that teams like ours love to feed.

We should be at a place where instead of rebuilding, we're just reloading.

When you hit a home run with a player in the draft, you don't need to re-build until that guy leaves or gets too old. As long as LA has Bryant, Utah has Williams, Boston has Pierce/Rondo, San Antonio has Duncan, etc., they're going to at the least be pretty good. The Hawks missed their chances at home runs in the draft and the good years only hit doubles and maybe a triple or two.

I dont want to dismantle it but I just dont see a future for this team with both JJ and Smoove on it .

I would keep JJ and trade Smoove but not just for anything . I would try and look for a way to get either a true big or pg or both from the move .

The Hawks just don't have the right parts to contend for a championship. Two years in a row Smoove got shut down vs Cleveland and this year vs Orlando.Bibby disappeared after signing his contract same with Marvin.JJ wasn't nowhere to be found.Last we bought the failure was due to injuries this year its pointed at Woody. When is management going to realize this team isn't assembled correctly to go deep in the playoffs?

No one is saying trading Smoove for a scrub. You usually win in the playoffs with an inside game the Hawks don't have won when matching up with Orlando or even Cleveland. The point guard situation is easy let Teague play. Find a small forward Marvin's game deserves to be on the bench.There needs to be some player changes if the Hawks want to get it right. The current team has played together quite awhile and won't get much better even with a new coach,

• Premium Member

It's a systematic welfare mentality that has cycled through for the past 30 years or so.

You've peddled this for weeks now and I just don't think anyone's buying it.

The prevalent opinion is that the team simply isn't good enough as constructed to compete for a championship. Give the fans some credit.

• Like 1

I say all we really need to do is resign JJ. let bibby start but if he does bad then yank him and give teague a chance. Cause if you really think about it, it's not our team giving us problems, it was our coach and his horrible playbook and defensive strategies.

You know what I was asking the same question man but i realize that it's some of the people on this board that want to dismantle this team not the owners (ASG). In fact I think the ASG would love to keep this team and see what they can do under a better coach! thats what i would prefer as well.