• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How much say does Joe Johnson have in making the decision for the Hawks next head coach?

JTB

Some would say the Hawks aren't going to make a coach decision depending on J.J but I clearly think that is a lie! From most post from many writers including ESPN,S.I.,Yahoo sports, Realgm or who ever, each website has stated atleast once that the hawks are damn near willing to do anything to keep Joe Johnson and with that being said Sund and Gearon have even stated that signing Joe back was a top priority! So lets break this down. We all know J.J wants the big bucks and they hawks are willing to give him that but im pretty sure Johnson;s decision isnt all about money and im sure the coach will matter. Now since the coach will matter cause for most players it does and in jj case it will as well, I would think J.J is going to want to play for a proven, discipline, winning Coach....hmmm Avery easily comes to mind!LOL, but really ATL.......since it's certain we are down to 4 coaches for sure (even ajc.com thinks so http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/06/07/atlanta-hawks-coaching-countdown/) We have to consider J.J's thoughts in this! we must! So here's what JJ has to be thinking!......................

What I think J.J. thoughts toward the 4 finalist for the hawks coach:

Casey-a ok coach but I dont want a potential coach...........(casey=no joe)

Mark-no experince as a coach, im not wanting to wait till he gains the experince in order to win a championship or even get close to it. I want to win now!............(mark=no joe)

Drew-I respect this guy but i really dont feel he will take the hawks to the next level. I rather test free agency for sure and maybe team up with bron, bosh, wade or somebody. drew is a great guy but he wont take this team to that next level.........................(drew=no joe)

Avery- Now here's a guy whose been here! He will put smoove in his place turn teague into a good player, make us play hard, be a leader for us, hell maybe even persuade chillz to actually come back and demand nothing but respect while doing it! I would love to play for Avery, he has been to the NBA finals and has had nothing but winning seasons as a coach, I think he will turn this team around and I feel we will go deep in the post season.I would deeply have to consider staying here....................................................................(avery=J.J. staying)

Thst's just my little input on how JJ is thinking and how the ASG is thinking since they really want to keep Johnson. with that said I think it's a easy pick for our next head coach! I know sund like casey but sund has to consider his star J.J. and getting him back, im mean what huge reason would jj want to play for casey?...i mean there is plenty of reason he would want to play for Avery?.....Avery is easily the next head coach for the hawks, if the hawks want to for sure keep Joe johnson. this shouldnt even be a debate!

Edited by JTB

JJ should have no say in who is the next coach is. His job is to play basketball. These handpicked coaches are putting themselves in bad situations. Whomever is handpicked by Queen Lebron will have to kiss his *ss until he tires of him. No NBA player should pick a coach unless he owns the team!!!

JJ should have no say in who is the next coach is. His job is to play basketball. These handpicked coaches are putting themselves in bad situations. Whomever is handpicked by Queen Lebron will have to kiss his *ss until he tires of him. No NBA player should pick a coach unless he owns the team!!!

i agree but somewhat like u stated "they kiss these players *ss and suck up to them" so i dont see why they wouldnt kiss jj *ss there are plenty of other teams kissing their star *ss and there's owners out there willing to pay these players ridiculous amounts of money to for them! this is 2010 players in the nba own the team they play for now owners just sit on they *ss and give their star what they want and gm's too. these players are creating their teams now and having say in who they want to team up with, its crazy but it's how it is now!

• Moderators

As far as the head coach, Joe's influence should not be any more substantial than the key players the Hawks know are returning.

But, if the intent is to entice Joe to sign a six-year contract and stay here, the Hawks can provide a "carrot" with one of their assistant coaching spots, a trustworthy mentor that can help the whole team but also has ties to Joe's developmental years in Arkansas or Phoenix. Ideas include:

Nolan Richardson

Frank & Eddie Johnson

Dan Majerle

Sidney Moncrief

Scottie Pippen

Darrell Walker

Scott Williams

~lw3

Are you under the impression that players enjoyed playing under Avery Johnson? During the playoffs one season Avery Johnson canceled practice to give the mavs some rest and the players preferred to have practice without him. He is a micromanager- he is going to be a disaster for whatever team screws up and hires him next.

Are you under the impression that players enjoyed playing under Avery Johnson? During the playoffs one season Avery Johnson canceled practice to give the mavs some rest and the players preferred to have practice without him. He is a micromanager- he is going to be a disaster for whatever team screws up and hires him next.

Unless he has learned from his time in Dallas, I don't really want him. I'm sure Joe would love to have him though, because getting Avery means more isos for Joe.

IMO The only thing on JJ's mind right now is prolly something alot closer to the chorus of Snoop Dogs old Gin and Juice song. Especially the " laid back with my mind on my $$$ and my $$$ on my mind" part.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe, LeBron, Wade, Bird, Magic or any player should have that much power.