GameTime

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-76ers-iverson

If Joe leaves, sign TMac and AI.

PG - Teague/Bibby

SG - Iverson/Craw

SF - McGrady/Mo

PF - Smoove/Draft Pick

C - Horf/Draft Pick/Siler

Both former superstars who have something to prove. If they stay healthy we could possibly go to the Finals. Better than going next season with Craw starting.

OY!!! Ok, so you have two guards now under 6'2" starting. You don't even have Marvin in the rotation as you have Mo as the backup Small Forward. You don't have Zaza in as the backup Center and instead want a rookie and Siler as the only backups to Horford.

Let's forget the cancerous actions of Iverson in the past. Forget the trainwreck that has been his last 3 stops in the NBA. Forget the trainwreck that has been McGrady the last 2 years. Iverson of 8 years ago, McGrady of 8 years ago and yes this lineup would win and Horford would go to jail for killing at least one of his teammates for their antics.

• Moderators

Let's not stop with AI and T-Mac. Georgia Tech's Own, Starbury is healthy (well, physically at least), and led China in assists last season. Bring Him Home! :tongue:

We can party like it's 1999! Wh00t!

~lw3

• Premium Member

from an ASG standpoint the only question should be: "Can AI get butts in seats?"

AI is clearly in decline but I would take a shot on him just to build intrigue in the team. Been to a Hawks home game lately? I hope I'm not the only one that finds it a bit weird that the players make more noise than the fans.

Truth is you have to give ATL what it wants. This city is not about winning the right way. We're all about flash over substance. Bring in AI, TMAC, Starbury or dancing polar bears....anything to sell this team to the young-hip ATL anti-fans.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

from an ASG standpoint the only question should be: "Can AI get butts in seats?"

AI is clearly in decline but I would take a shot on him just to build intrigue in the team. Been to a Hawks home game lately? I hope I'm not the only one that finds it a bit weird that the players make more noise than the fans.

Truth is you have to give ATL what it wants. This city is not about winning the right way. We're all about flash over substance. Bring in AI, TMAC, Starbury or dancing polar bears....anything to sell this team to the young-hip ATL anti-fans.

AI would get a booty-in-the-seat for a couple games... just not 40+ games. Same with Starbury, Shaq, and T-Mac.

The flies drawn to this particular honey would consist not of the "hipster" crowd but the "ex-hip": the O.G.'s living off the salad days of Freaknik, and the chickenheads still rocking Mariah Carey's Wilma Flintstone outfits, thrilled with the possibility that these guys are eligible bachelors who haven't gone totally bankrupt yet. There's enough disposable income among this motley crew to show out for a game or two, but not enough to fill out the arena with season ticket holders. And the minute the team starts losing, UniverSoul Circus would outdraw them.

Crippled and flawed as he may be, AI/Shaq/T-Mac coming to town periodically is still (barely) a draw. AI/Shaq/T-Mac living and playing in town year-round is not. We're about ten years too late for that.

You may be onto something with the polar bears, though! :-)

~lw3

• Premium Member

10 Teams That Could Use Allen Iverson Next Season

[quote name=' Dwayne Montell

of bleacher report.com on June 21, 2010']

5.) Atlanta Hawks

Joe Johnson is probably not going to return to the Hawks next season, he will be asking for a lot of money and the Hawks don't have that money. Iverson could become the new starting 2 guard in Atlanta because Jamal Crawford is the 6th man and he had the best season of his career as a 6th man. Jamal and Allen could each play 35 mpg and even be on the floor at the same time. The Hawks finished as a 3rd seed last year and were swept by the Magic in the second round, they are going to need a go to guy and Allen would be a great fit. Iverson also lives in Atlanta so there is a good chance this could happened.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

This guy seems to think AI can be close to his old self and get 35 minutes a game. I just do not see it. He would be ok coming off the bench; but his dominant starter days are over. Him and Shaq are in similar positions, difference is Shaq will take 20 to 25 minutes a game to keep playing, AI won't IMO...

• Like 1

• Moderators

If we are going with a new offense do we need a guy who isn't a very good 3-point shooter?

Or a guy who has never been known for running structured offenses or being an efficient scorer?

I have always though AI was a very difficult player to bring into a team concept and his issues last year (and play) aren't buying me over any more than I was 3 years ago on Iverson.

• Moderators

10. Maccabi Tel Aviv

9. Real Madrid

8. Olympiacos Piraeus

7. Lottomatica Roma

6. CSKA Moscow

5. Shanghai Sharks

4. New York Knicks

3. AND1 Mixtape Team, Seniors Division

2. Harlem Globetrotters

1. Atlanta Dream (see "Juwanna Mann")

~lw3

• Like 1

AI + TMac?? with a team that already has Crawford?? No way lol I liked all the players in their prime but AI and TMac are both in their 30s and still want to be the man on the team. Iverson is ok but TMac is washed up and thinks he's still a go to guy. I think a team with those guys will not get out the first round..no way they would win a championship. I wouldnt mind signing Iverson if he came off the bench