• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Met Dwight Howard at The Airport...

Kingpin

So I’m going through security at the airport flying to Vegas and I look over and in the line next to me is Dwight Howard. He was with a few teenagers. Now, no one acts like they know who he is, he’s just wearing a white tee and jeans. So as I get through security, I walk right up to him, in fact he was still waiting for his bags. So it went like this:

“Dwight, Dwight!” - Me

He looked at me.

“You couldn’t let us win one game?” - Me

“who?” - Dwight

“Atlanta” - Me

“For what?” – Dwight

I laugh.

He looks serious, he probably thinks I’m heckling him.

“hey man, I had to come over and say hi, my nephew is a big fan.” – Me

He lightens up, smiles.

“Tell him I said what’s up” – Dwight

He shakes my hand.

As I’m walking off I tap him on the shoulder.

“Come play for Atlanta man” – Me

“I wish.” – Dwight

And he meant it. You could tell by his body language.

So that’s my Dwight Howard story.

Mike

“I wish.” – Dwight

Solid story, I was implying earlier in the season that if Dwight opts out he would likely come to Atlanta but a clown or two said I was delusional. Also, why was he with alot of teenagers?

Edit:

I have my own little atlanta hawk story: I use to work in the atl airport back around 95 and met alan henderson. I looked up and walked to him and asked "don't you play for the hawks? He was like yeah man. I was like cool man good luck." Dapped him up and went back to the daily grind.

He had just gotten drafted, he looked hella short that was I could think. Before he had that crazy "parasite", he was a very good player. Also seen steve smith around that time and that fool looked like one of the tallest people I had ever seen, crazy.

Edited by Kimsey

Solid story, I was implying earlier in the season that if Dwight opts out he would likely come to Atlanta but a clown or two said I was delusional. Also, why was he with alot of teenagers?

dunno, and I didn't want to press. You could tell he was trying to remain low-key. The guy is huge though, way bigger than he looks on the court. He about crushed my hand when he shook it. This was last Wednesday right around noon.

Edited by Kingpin

dunno, and I didn't want to press. You could tell he was trying to remain low-key. The guy is huge though, way bigger than he looks on the court. He about crushed my hand when he shook it. This was last Wednesday right around noon.

Cool King...I think you did the right thing. IMO most stars don't want to be swampt for addoration in everyday life - but they do appreciate a little pressing the flesh with us commoners.

I would love to see Dwight here in the ATL with Smoove and the guys. It seems like a pretty far off dream though. With our ownership - LOL.

What I'm hoping is that there is another Russian Billionaire (or a billionaire from another European country) and these guys are competitve. Old "whats his name" probably hosts big money guys on his mega-yacht for poker all the time and brags about how he is going to make the Nets into NBA champions and then go Grizzly bear hunting in Alaska. With a little luck maybe one of his Billionaire friends will think - "maybe I'll just buy the Hawks and go up against him". (a friendly rivalry)

cheers.gif

I saw Dwight Howard coming out of McDonald's the night before he was drafted. He was a bit more chipper than what your interaction was like. I just told him good luck in the draft, and he said thank you with a big smile.

I maintain that we could have traded up for Howard, but BK wanted to keep the few assets we had to field a team with five starters. That was a big mistake because Orlando was not that into Howard and would have taken a few draft picks for him. Imagine having Howard and Paul or Deron as the base of our franchise. That could have really happend.

Good Story Man,

I have always thought this. He and Smoove are good friends that fight on the court like Magic and Isiah. lol

So I’m going through security at the airport flying to Vegas and I look over and in the line next to me is Dwight Howard. He was with a few teenagers. Now, no one acts like they know who he is, he’s just wearing a white tee and jeans. So as I get through security, I walk right up to him, in fact he was still waiting for his bags. So it went like this:

“Dwight, Dwight!” - Me

He looked at me.

“You couldn’t let us win one game?” - Me

“who?” - Dwight

“Atlanta” - Me

“For what?” – Dwight

I laugh.

He looks serious, he probably thinks I’m heckling him.

“hey man, I had to come over and say hi, my nephew is a big fan.” – Me

He lightens up, smiles.

“Tell him I said what’s up” – Dwight

He shakes my hand.

As I’m walking off I tap him on the shoulder.

“I wish.” – Dwight

So that’s my Dwight Howard story.

Mike