• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pape Sy stats

shocker_90

His team finished near the bottom of the league with a 10-20 record. He didn't play much until the end of the season which I believe was due to the fact his team was out of the playoff picture. The guy in only 22 years old and from what I can tell he has been in this French league for two years. I would guess he gets one more season over there before the Hawks get serious with him. One last note: He did improve from season 1-2.

Scroll down after you click

His team finished near the bottom of the league with a 10-20 record. He didn't play much until the end of the season which I believe was due to the fact his team was out of the playoff picture. The guy in only 22 years old and from what I can tell he has been in this French league for two years. I would guess he gets one more season over there before the Hawks get serious with him. One last note: He did improve from season 1-2.

Scroll down after you click

The espn commentators said it best "he hasn't played much but the hawks hope to catch lightning in a bottle"

Hmmm: in limited play shot 55% from inside the arc and 41% beyond the 3, 71% from the stripe, with ZERO turnovers, averaging over 5 points in just 14 minutes, and according to LD gave Darington Hobson of New Mexico and Stanley Robinson of Connecticut quite a challenge in workouts. Vewwy intoowesting :blink:

This adds to the pathetic feel of the operation we have going on. Do you get the sense that we pay very much for scouts who really know the best international players?

It adds insult to injury with our draft process and cheap feel of our organization. It almost seems like they don't know of any other international player and this guy walks in the door. They know it's another pick they don't have to pay for because he will be overseas.

Someone did catch lightning in a bottle, and his name is Pape Sy who duped our organization.

Lightning in a bottle is way cheaper than an actual light bulb going on.

~lw3

Kind of funny but one of the guys Pape supposedly schooled ( LMAO) was taken after him by Orlando ( Robinson ) and of course the Lakers took a character reach on Caracter. Caracter has issues (mental maturity) but he was the best reach from a potential standpoint left at 53 IMO.

• Like 1

You never know but I think so.

Agreed, you look at other teams like San Antonio finding legit NBAers from Europe and the Hawks never seem to find one solid player.I think our scouting dept in Europe stinks probably because there is a low budget for the scouting dept. This is just another indication the Hawks have cheap ownership compared to the elite teams. You want to win in the NBA you need money and I just don't think the Hawks ownership is willing to go the extra length it takes to build a championship organization.