• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: Hawks To Offer Full Max To Joe Johnson

GameTime

Everything right now is just posturing. Its free to start a rumor you would give the 6 year max.

yeah that is why i am not paying much attention to any rumors now. it only makes sense to put that out there even if you have no intention of giving JJ the max.

He is getting max because he finished third team all-NBA. The truth, though, is that on a lot of nights JJ isn't better than the third player on the Hawks

He has the 3rd best per on the team. Smith and Horford have better PER.

Have to say one of the things I love the best about HS is the discussion by the old timers on topics like this. Respect that a lot. Keep on keeping on . . . . .

Yep Doc - this is kind of the "Andy of Mayberry" site. There is a Sherriff but there usually aren't any high crimes for him to worry about. Of course I'm Otis Campbell - occasionally shows up drunk and gets in trouble.

But seriously - I have delved around other sites and this is the best as far as decency and especially knowledge of the topic. I have learned a lot here...from old posters and from new posters. Nobody ever p!sses on a H/S poster because he/she is new....and I appreciate that.

Gasol is the best player on LA, he has a higher PER than Kobe.

That's not the same, when I watch the Lakers, Kobe is the best. Not the case with Atlanta and Joe.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

That's not the same, when I watch the Lakers, Kobe is the best. Not the case with Atlanta and Joe.

QFT. Josh Smith was really the indicator of if this team was gonna win or not IMO last year.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

Yep Doc - this is kind of the "Andy of Mayberry" site. There is a Sherriff but there usually aren't any high crimes for him to worry about. Of course I'm Otis Campbell - occasionally shows up drunk and gets in trouble.

But seriously - I have delved around other sites and this is the best as far as decency and especially knowledge of the topic. I have learned a lot here...from old posters and from new posters. Nobody ever p!sses on a H/S poster because he/she is new....and I appreciate that.

I think this site has grown exponentially in maturity and mutual respect since Dolfan23 took over. I've went from having people PM me my home address and a map to it and threaten to rape and kill my wife to having nothing more than civil discussion.

I think this site has grown exponentially in maturity and mutual respect since Dolfan23 took over. I've went from having people PM me my home address and a map to it and threaten to rape and kill my wife to having nothing more than civil discussion.

WOW WTF that is crazy.

• Premium Member

WOW WTF that is crazy.

Yep. Back when I actually had some sources people were PMing me death threats and one guy actually found out my real name, home address, then sent me a link showing the google map deal where my house is and threatened to rape and kill my wife. This was after he threatened to kill me for being a liar. I told the previous guy who ran this place and nothing was done. I had several death threats actually. That is why I left this site for years. It had nothing to do with the "insider" situation.

Thankfully that is well in the past. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yep. Back when I actually had some sources people were PMing me death threats and one guy actually found out my real name, home address, then sent me a link showing the google map deal where my house is and threatened to rape and kill my wife. This was after he threatened to kill me for being a liar. I told the previous guy who ran this place and nothing was done. I had several death threats actually. That is why I left this site for years. It had nothing to do with the "insider" situation.

OMG... I remember that controversy got out of hand but i didn't even read a lot of the threads. I remember getting a pm from someone trying to make his case against you. I guess he was trying to recruit me to be one of your bashers. I told him that even if you were fake i really didn't care.

I had no idea it got to that level. Unreal. Weren't you recovering from a car accident too? SMH

That is awful.

It would seem a mod could have found the real identity of that person so you could press charges.

That is serious stuff........no ha -ha game there at all.

I never understood why people were so mad at Sothron at that time.

• Premium Member

OMG... I remember that controversy got out of hand but i didn't even read a lot of the threads. I remember getting a pm from someone trying to make his case against you. I guess he was trying to recruit me to be one of your bashers. I told him that even if you were fake i really didn't care.

I had no idea it got to that level. Unreal. Weren't you recovering from a car accident too? SMH

Yes, thank you for remembering that. My shoulder was practically demolished in a car crash my wife and I were lucky to live through. I had death threats coming at a time when my doctor was telling me all I needed was physical therapy and rest. It was insane how some idiots got over that. I did tell a few people like AHF and Mrhonline when I left about that situation and that the guy who ran the site back then wouldn't do anything to stop it.

• Premium Member

That is awful.

It would seem a mod could have found the real identity of that person so you could press charges.

That is serious stuff........no ha -ha game there at all.

We didn't really have any mods back then and the guy who ran the site did almost nothing with it. I remember when Dolfan was asking me to stay back then because when I got tired of the threats and left was almost the same time he started running the place. I should have stayed, Dolfan is a thousand times better in running this place.

I never understood why people were so mad at Sothron at that time.

You and me both brother! :conversation:

Edited by Sothron