• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Per Sekou's twitter, Wizards after Childress

Jody23

Sekou says two different sources have confirmed it.

www.twitter.com/SekouSmithNBA

That's going to make Exodus a very happy man! I'd like to see Chillz back in Atlanta but as long as we get a quality player in return for him then I'll be cool with trading him.

Makes me wonder if there has been a discussion of a deal already between the Wizards and Hawks. Afterall, the Hawks did extend the qualifying offer.

I'd imagine so considering the rumors of Washingtons interest in him and the fact that they've been loading up on players from other teams. Other than McGee I'm not sure what I'd want from the Wizards, unless we're talking about including Bibby with Childress and considering taking back multiple players with reasonable contracts.

• Premium Member

It also makes me wonder about the YI deal recently. Even though the Hawks have the right to match, they've got to know that Childress doesn't want to play in the ATL. Also, if they did match, where would he play? Also, I remember Mr. Cunningham over at the AJC saying that Childress had been talking to the Hawks. This stuff really is getting crazy. LOL.

Edited by Jody23

The Wiz have had a very interesting off-season in my opinion. Getting John Wall of course, and then trading for Trevor Booker (who was about as hard-nosed and tenacious a rebounder and defender as there was in all of college basketball last season) and the two 7 footers in Yi Jianlian and Hamady N'Diaye. And now they're after Chills.

Interstink, beddy, beddy interestink.

I'd imagine so considering the rumors of Washingtons interest in him and the fact that they've been loading up on players from other teams. Other than McGee I'm not sure what I'd want from the Wizards, unless we're talking about including Bibby with Childress and considering taking back multiple players with reasonable contracts.

Couldn't a Chills trade to the Wiz be akin to the Nets salary dump of Yi? Hawks clearing some money off the books with the potential JJ deal looming.

Wizards are acquiring the rights to Kevin Seraphin as part of the Hinrich deal. I still believe McGee is way off the table and that we would be lucky to get Nick Young but Seraphin's rights could be included in a SnT deal in that it clears Chills caphold and doesn't put any extra salary on the cap for this season.

• Premium Member

IMHO, the Wizards aren't likely to do a S&T, especially knowing that the Hawks are involved with the $120M Man.

My guess is that he'll sign an offer sheet as soon as the moratorium is lifted and will leave without compensation, unless the Hawks agree to a S&T of Joe...

Nick Young might make sense to get a SG

Well when we resign JJ we will have three. Granted Craw Jr. is a rook - but if he is a spot-up shooter as advertised he should be able to fit into a small minute role fairly quickly. Plus - if he is a quick study he might actually get some play as a rook with Woody gone.

I'm more concerned about the PG position than the SG spot at this point.

That's going to make Exodus a very happy man! I'd like to see Chillz back in Atlanta but as long as we get a quality player in return for him then I'll be cool with trading him.

No it won't. I plan on watching some of the Wizards games (i have lived in md since JJ signed with the Hawks) and definitely don't want to watch Childress any more.

Couldn't a Chills trade to the Wiz be akin to the Nets salary dump of Yi? Hawks clearing some money off the books with the potential JJ deal looming.

Then we just don't match The Wizards offer to Chillz and let them have him for nothing.

If a deal is in the works then we are keeping the player. Since the Wiz are under the cap it could be a smaller contract then what Chillz gets but the point is if they want to clear salary then let chillz walk.

With the surplus of Bigs it appears the Wizards have, if we are not getting one in return its still another lost cause trade. McGee or Seraphin. When you start talking future draft picks once again, you dont plug an immediate need. Another SG is not a smart move at all. Unless, you plan on letting the two/3 that we currently will have over seas rot or let another team cash in like Houston/Andersen.

• Premium Member

How quickly could we get Hinrich if they are getting him from the Bulls on July 8th? Is there a rule about how long you have to wait to trade a guy? I know you have to wait past Dec 5th or 15th or so to trade a free agent you signed but what about a player under an existing contract?