• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official apology thread for calling ASG CHEAP OWNERS!

JTB

I am apologizing for every thread I ever made stating that our owners (ASG) are cheap! Reason is because if you are a team willing to give Joe Johnson a 120 mil contract there is no way in hell you are cheap! First off I dont care what anybody say Johnson isnt worth that BUT if I were the owner I would have gave it to him too cause I would atleast want to stay a contender and continue to build to that championship contention. Again JJ isnt worth it but I would have gave that contract to him too. So Im glad that the ASG has finally proven they are not by any means cheap owners! also here's a article stating that the ASG! yes the ASG! are willing to pay the luxary tax!.............................................

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-expect-johnson-to-562671.html

........according to a person who wont be identified because the ASG dont want him to be known but if this is true that is great news! greaaaaaaaaaat NEWS!

qoute from ajc article regarding ASG willing to pay luxury tax:

The person said general manager Rick Sund and his staff realize that adding Johnson isn't enough to make the team better on its own. They would still want to add more talent, including a starting-caliber center, and Hawks owners are willing to pay the NBA's luxury tax "for the right player," according to the person.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-expect-johnson-to-562671.html

Give it up for the ASG ATL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dolfan23
Fixed link
  • Like 3

Very well said and I certainly owe them an apology for doubting them last week when they sold the 31st pick. I am VERY excited about the possibility of us adding a starting caliber center and if that's true it means that Josh is on his way out as it would seem odd that the team would want a starting caliber center if he weren't going to start and there's no way that they would trade or bench Al Horford. The question is who is that starting caliber center that would cause them to pay the luxury tax and would presumably be acquired by trading Smith?

I've heard that the Lakers have considered trading Bynum for Bosh so I wonder, would they consider moving Bynum for Smith in a 3 way deal with the Raptors where they get Bosh and the Raptors get Smith and we get Bynum? Obviously there would have to be other players involved but that would seem like a pretty good trade for each team wouldn't it?

Very well said and I certainly owe them an apology for doubting them last week when they sold the 31st pick. I am VERY excited about the possibility of us adding a starting caliber center and if that's true it means that Josh is on his way out as it would seem odd that the team would want a starting caliber center if he weren't going to start and there's no way that they would trade or bench Al Horford. The question is who is that starting caliber center that would cause them to pay the luxury tax and would presumably be acquired by trading Smith?

I've heard that the Lakers have considered trading Bynum for Bosh so I wonder, would they consider moving Bynum for Smith in a 3 way deal with the Raptors where they get Bosh and the Raptors get Smith and we get Bynum? Obviously there would have to be other players involved but that would seem like a pretty good trade for each team wouldn't it?

LOL yeah a pretty good trade for each team but as for smith he would be mad as hell to get traded to the raptors!LOL and i wouldnt blame him if he came out and said im unhappy cause i would be too on the raptors, they just arent good enough for josh standards! but yeah atleast we would get our big out of this deal!

They are selling Joe on the point that he will play with a top ten PF/C in both Horford and Smith, and that he could not find that anywhere else. So no, doesnt seem like at this point that Smith will be traded. That is going to be our core going forward

• Moderators

Dear Junior, Mike, Bruce, Ed, Ruthie, Todd, Bud, Beau, Sleepy, and Doc:

After several months of posting chickadee pictures to associate your group with being "cheep", and with such suggestive references as "Atlanta $tingy Group," I have recently recognized my repeated assertions are in grave error.

In truth it has become clear that, altogether, you quite simply have no clear idea when and where to spend your money. That is a completely different circumstance than what I have heretofore projected.

In the last two weeks alone, you have demonstrated a level and practice of spending fan dollars and team revenue in a manner that places the justification for your collective ownership of an NBA franchise to be, at the minimum, on par with that of Donald T. Sterling.

Competence and penuriousness are separate words in the dictionary for a reason. Therefore, in light of recent events, you have my sincerest possible contrition. I look forward with eagerness to the sale of Pape Sy jerseys this autumn.

LET'$ GO HAWK$.

~lw3

Let's see: JJ 120 m, Bibby, ZaZa, Marvin all with contracts that are too big to be traded. No cap space. I think the problem is not that they are cheap, but that they spend too much..... However, I do admit I thought they were cheap when the sold the draft pick. Somewhere I heard it was for 500k. Then I read it was for 3m. So I changed my mind on that. Anyway, the do deserve credit for not being cheap....

Marvin can be easily moved. Atlanta likely only wants to move Marvin in a package with Bibby and no one wants Bibby.