• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: Deal is done

lethalweapon3

Did you notice he said Joe could have forced a sign and trade at a 5 years deal. I guess nobody else would give him 6? You can get 6 in a sign and trade cant you? That article was a sweet find by the way.

I think from what we know now resigning joe was a huge priority and they likely weren't playing ball on a sign and trade. If joe was going to get 6 it was going to be from the hawks.

If that's how it went down good for the hawks.

• Premium Member

is there a realistic possibility we could get lebron through S&T? get rid of bibby and marvs contract first.

Sure. If Cleveland is going to lose the King, they will have to find the best deal that they can that the King wants. If we were giving Crawford, picks, and Marvin for the King, I think Cleveland would consider this very strongly.

Sure. If Cleveland is going to lose the King, they will have to find the best deal that they can that the King wants. If we were giving Crawford, picks, and Marvin for the King, I think Cleveland would consider this very strongly.

Shaq would def come if we got lebron

It sounds like the hold up on the contract was:

1. ATL was only willing to give JJ a SnT on a 5 year deal. Essentially saying if you want the 6th year, you will stay here. This is essentially how the system was designed to work by letting the team with Bird rights give the best deal. SnT's defeated the purpose of that but it looks like the Hawks put it back in its place in this instance.

2. Sense JJ is staying, he wanted a no trade clause.

I'm glad this is overwith. Lets get Shaq Diesel and Carmelo Anthony in here now.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

We'd have to convince LeBron to come here first. That's what Sund and Joe should be doing right now....AT THIS FREAKIN MOMENT! They should be getting on the phone w/ his representatives and asking for a chance to present to him, and at the same time they should be working on a presentation which shows LBJ the benefits of coming to play in the A at the highlight factory! These are the 4 things I would definitely include:

1. He would get the 6 years max contract because it'd have to be a S&T

2. He would be coming to a strong core of players. He would have a strong Robin in Joe Johnson and another young All Star in Al Horford in place already. Noone else who presented to him can give him that already (Chicago might be the closest but its well documented how Rose's style of play will be less effective w/ LBJ there, Dallas-Kidd is too old)

3. He's loyal to Cleveland and they will get a great package in return...no other team can offer the talent we can. I'm thinking Josh Smith plus Crawford will have to be included in order to get the job done.

4. Atlanta is Hollywood East; many celebrities and athletes call the A they're home. W/ LBJ in town, an Atlanta Hawks game will be the hottest ticket in the country in all of sports.

Get on this Hawks!

• Premium Member

It sounds like the hold up on the contract was:

1. ATL was only willing to give JJ a SnT on a 5 year deal. Essentially saying if you want the 6th year, you will stay here. This is essentially how the system was designed to work by letting the team with Bird rights give the best deal. SnT's defeated the purpose of that but it looks like the Hawks put it back in its place in this instance.

2. Sense JJ is staying, he wanted a no trade clause.

I'm glad this is overwith. Lets get Shaq Diesel and Carmelo Anthony in here now.

That might make sense except that he didn't NEED us for a 5-year deal... if he's going somewhere else, what does he care if we're getting anything back via SnT?... right?

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

now can we trade for somebody please im tired of watchin us suck on the road and suck in general

"Suck in general"? Are you nuts? We won 53 games and was the 3rd team in the eastern conference. Yep we lost bad in the second round but at least we were on the stage!

That might make sense except that he didn't NEED us for a 5-year deal... if he's going somewhere else, what does he care if we're getting anything back via SnT?... right?

In theory you are correct. He didn't in so many words I am saying that they had no interest in a SnT. Which means stay here for six years or go somewhere else for 5 but you won't get 6 in a SnT.

pretty sure they wont do a sign and trade for him.

lebron

In theory you are correct. He didn't in so many words I am saying that they had no interest in a SnT. Which means stay here for six years or go somewhere else for 5 but you won't get 6 in a SnT.

Perhaps no other team wanted him for 6.

• Premium Member

I'm still slow to say no SnT... I'm looking at MIA, LAC and NYK right now, and all of those appear to be in need of a game-changer to have the off-season turn out even decent. I can't see dealing with MIA both b/c they're in-division and b/c they have practically nothing on their roster that is worthy of interest. But NYK and LAC certainly have some pieces.

First of all, sorry Hawks fans. I think it's safe to say you will not be competing for a championship for the next 6 years. Signing the guy who dissed his fans with a no trade clause is icing on the hawks fail cake. :blow out candles:

Secondly, thank you Hawks organization for giving him money that would set his children's kids for life. I would be depressed if we signed him. Amar'e is already 27, we don't need a 29 year old on the cusp of declining SG.

I feel sorry for Jordan Crawford and Al Horford, two players I really enjoy watching.

• Premium Member

First of all, sorry Hawks fans. I think it's safe to say you will not be competing for a championship for the next 6 years. Signing the guy who dissed his fans with a no trade clause is icing on the hawks fail cake. :blow out candles:

Secondly, thank you Hawks organization for giving him money that would set his children's kids for life. I would be depressed if we signed him. Amar'e is already 27, we don't need a 29 year old on the cusp of declining SG.

I feel sorry for Jordan Crawford and Al Horford, two players I really enjoy watching.

Ouch. Coming from a Knick fan, that really hurts.

*rolls eyes*

But seriously...

That you are so emotionally touched by this that you would register and post here suggests you're feeling extra-crappy right now. That you would think we care what a Knick fan thinks suggests you're not only feeling extra-crappy, you're woefully self-deceived in your extra-crappiness.

Former.

Can I ask you this....

IF you didn't know the details of JJ's contract, would you value his work or not.

I ask because I'm curious. When I go to work, I have absolutely no idea of how much the guy besides me makes. I have an idea, but I don't know specifically. So that while I work with him, I am not spending all day saying, for __________ he should be doing this better. I just say... he does a good job or he didn't do a good job.

So, does Joe do a good job or not?

no where even close to that good

Ouch. Coming from a Knick fan, that really hurts.

*rolls eyes*

But seriously...

That you are so emotionally touched by this that you would register and post here suggests you're feeling extra-crappy right now. That you would think we care what a Knick fan thinks suggests you're not only feeling extra-crappy, you're woefully self-deceived in your extra-crappiness.

Hahahaha ok If what you just said helps you sleep better at night like this guy now, p1johnson.jpg then more power to you brotha. But I know you're not pleased with this deal so whatever...Sorry for registering and posting. I must have missed a forum sticky or something stating all members must be a Hawks fan :question:

• Premium Member

... But I know you're not pleased with this deal so whatever...Sorry for registering and posting. I must have missed a forum sticky or something stating all members must be a Hawks fan :question:

First, if you're that sure, maybe you should take a look around the site and see how well-grounded your assumption is. While you're at it, have the intelligence to consider the arguments for why Joe might be worth more to the Hawks in their current circumstance than he would be to a team in the Knicks' state.

Second, why would I be upset with you registering and posting? Only highlighting my amusement that someone would be THAT compelled to do so, ie, that the action speaks louder than your words.