• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson Signs ! Recruiting Lebron for Sign & Trade?

wolvetigers

I know the chances of getting Lebron is like .001% and you gotta love ESPN for continuing to publish / create this type of anticipation as its good for their ratings, relevance, etc., And to be quite honest this is probably one of the biggest Free Agent Summers in the NBA in History. With all these stars available. The Hawks Ownership keeps proclaiming that they are willing to go into the luxury tax for the right player to build a contender. You overpaid for Joe, but the good thing is you have great assets in Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, and other fillers like Bibby, Marvin to actually make some moves. SO COME ON ASG build a contender !!!

"For his next act, Joe plans to actively recruit other top free agents to Atlanta, a place not unlike his hometown, where he feels comfortable and appreciated," Tellem wrote. "LeBron, you've already met with the front offices of six teams. How about considering the Hawks?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5354426

• Premium Member

I know the chances of getting Lebron is like .001% and you gotta love ESPN for continuing to publish / create this type of anticipation as its good for their ratings, relevance, etc., And to be quite honest this is probably one of the biggest Free Agent Summers in the NBA in History. With all these stars available. The Hawks Ownership keeps proclaiming that they are willing to go into the luxury tax for the right player to build a contender. You overpaid for Joe, but the good thing is you have great assets in Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, and other fillers like Bibby, Marvin to actually make some moves. SO COME ON ASG build a contender !!!

"For his next act, Joe plans to actively recruit other top free agents to Atlanta, a place not unlike his hometown, where he feels comfortable and appreciated," Tellem wrote. "LeBron, you've already met with the front offices of six teams. How about considering the Hawks?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5354426

I remember Gearon was fined for mentioning the King's name. If the King came to Atlanta, as a longtime Hawks fan and media hater, I would laugh. However, I couldn't follow The King.

• Like 1

I remember Gearon was fined for mentioning the King's name. If the King came to Atlanta, as a longtime Hawks fan and media hater, I would laugh. However, I couldn't follow The King.

I dislike LBJ because of the media calling him "THE KING" when Kobe got all the rings. lol

BUT

If we some how get him.... I would love him like a play cousin :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would vomit. I would have to watch every Hawks game with the sound off especially the espn and tnt ones. Even Ratbun kissin his aysss would make me sick.

• Premium Member

I dislike LBJ because of the media calling him "THE KING" when Kobe got all the rings. lol

BUT

If we some how get him.... I would love him like a play cousin :thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1

I don't care about all the other stuff, if he gets the Hawks to title contention, bring him on.

I don't really care for him myself...........BUT! I think he would fit perfect in our system and solve our problem at PF with Josh and Al. I don't think Al wants to be here because he is the one who mentioned strife in the locker room more than once, he keeps talking about moving to PF, and I watch him on court and he seems very distant from the guys. I'm not saying he's a bad player or person. I'm not saying he should not want to be PF, because he could be really great! I'm just saying Sund will have to address this situation and Lebron Or Melo could really help this go even better because Josh or Horford are leaving.

Does anyone really think that Lebron would spend three days listening to offers from several teams, only to pull a surprise move and sign with ATL?

I think the fantasy of trading for Carmelo is much, much, much more likely. And, that rumor is far-fetched.

Does anyone really think that Lebron would spend three days listening to offers from several teams, only to pull a surprise move and sign with ATL?

I think the fantasy of trading for Carmelo is much, much, much more likely. And, that rumor is far-fetched.

I think if we had a good PR person who could sale Lebron on the fact that we have a best fit for him, we could send Cleveland 2 really good player so that they could be playoff worthy, and that he would be a Mega Mega star in Atlanta, he would really think about it. Atlanta has just as many stars as L.A , Miami, And New York( Maybe not Movie Stars) and would be the KIng of the South. Question is.... Do we want that headache? I really don't know!

• Premium Member

I wouldn't put anything past Lebron right now. At first I thought this was him just playing for the conversation and having Cleveland being his spot afterwards. However, the truth is that he has to win a championship. It's not going to happen in Cleveland even though they would give him the world...and Byron Scott. I think Lebron would do anything except side with Wade or Kobe. Lebron has to think about his legacy first and then money. Signing with Joe and Horf would give us a big three worthy of talk. It's better than anything that Cleveland could put on the floor. Is it better than Miami with Wade and Bosh? I don't think so but ego plays a really big role in that. I would love to see King, Melo, and Stoudamire all in NY. Over the cap with no PG.. but what would that leave for us? Maybe we can get in on the NY three way with Denver?

I believe if LeBron somehow, someway, in another world, ended up in Atlanta, this board would explode....in a good way. I'm with many of you, that his antics are extremely annoying, and he is so egotisitcal and me,me,me...

However....I want to win. I don't care how it happens, or who does well, as long as ATL is ahead on the scoreboard at the end is all I care about. There's no one on the planet better than LeBron right now (save Kobe for arguments sake, but he's not available). I can deal with the dancing on the sidelines, and the posing, and the powder...if it all means W's and rings for the Hawks. Dealing with him, how bad it would be, nowhere compares to post Deke/Smitty/Mook to 2007 era....now THAT was brutal.

• Premium Member

He would come to Atl and make LESS THAN JJ????? Right. And I'm the Duke of Earl.

Don't get me wrong, Earl... er... Duke... er Doc... :)...

I'm not allowing myself to dream the wild dream here...

BUT... in actuality... er... REality... :)

If DWade and Bosh were willing to consider combining salaries into one pot and establishing a way for all three to get paid an equivalent amount, who's to say that Joe wouldn't be willing to share some of his with LeBron?

That much is not outside the realm of possibility, particularly given the indication that Joe would be actively recruiting other FAs and Tellum's remark at the conclusion of his H-Post entry. Yes, could be reading too much into those factoids, but then again, that's not easily determined from our remote location outside of anyone's inner circle. All we can say is, there is information that would support it.

Edited by sturt