• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Center could Horf + Marvin get us?

Diesel

• Premium Member

After thinking about where Horf is, maybe we need to consider going after a traditional C and leaving Smoove at PF.

Here's some thoughts in no order.

1. Nene.

2. Yao (add Bibby)

3. Kaman

4. Can Horf get us Brook Lopez?

5. Bogut?

The truth is that there are not a lot of good Centers out there.

Marvin for Joel Pryzbillia.

After thinking about where Horf is, maybe we need to consider going after a traditional C and leaving Smoove at PF.

1. Nene.

2. Yao (add Bibby)

3. Kaman

5. Bogut?

i would say shaq is our only option

1. Nene.

2. Yao (add Bibby)

3. Kaman

5. Bogut?

Sorry D, but Horf is a keeper!

P.S. However, I have an understanding that somewhere along the line we'll have to choose between Horf and Smoove... and that my friend will be a difficult decision to make.

If it ain't Dwight, the argument is foolish. Lopez is very respectable, but no. The mention of Yao Ming's name makes my skin crawl. Al outplays all of these guys head-to-head for the most part, stays healthier, and has a higher ceiling with his winning pedigree than any of these dudes. Al is the single force that turned our franchise around since he started his first game and I would throw a party if you could look into a crystal ball and tell me he would retire a Hawk, at the 4 of course.

As far as Marvin, unless a team had the perfect coach to motivate him while not hurting his confidence (your guess is as good as mine, Popovich, Sloan?), I feel sorry for any team willing to take a chance on him after what he displayed last season.

Edited by benhillboy

The decision will come down to a choice between Horford and Smith.

Smith is a local product that can be spectacular. The team has suffered through his maturation process. He still needs to mature to make use of his formidable talents. However, even his formidable talents are not limitless.

Horford has great talent and has been used out of position. He has followed orders and performed at a high level. However, at some point, even he will grow tired of playing Center.

So, let's play a what if game. Which team is stronger/better? When I say team, I mean TEAM, in every sense of the word. The top three players must be stars that can set their pride aside and work as ONE. There will be no room for theatrics or sulking. Otherwise, we are just talking about big names with little game.

PG

JJ

Carmelo

Horford

Center

-OR-

PG

JJ

Carmelo

Smth

Center

I am using the name Carmelo to note that we have to add a SF scoring threat to become a championship team. You can substitute any other name that fits the mold.

• Like 1

I would like to either ship Josh or Horford ..

If we able to get Chris Paul we should keep Josh Smith

If we able to get another scorer a guy like Melo ..we ship Josh

Then Marc Gasol a RFA next year ..or sign Shaq for 2 years

2 Rosters we could work with

PG Paul

SG Joe

SF Marvin

PF Smith

C Shaq

PG Ty Lawson

SG Joe

SF Melo

PF Horford

C Shaq

OMG Here we go again!!! Why do we keep talking about moving our best two draft pick in the last what 20 year?? you guys come on your wasting your time we will keep both of them and pick up a center, that's it!

their is no guarantee that LD will keep the same staring five for every game. if he is smart and I think he is he will do what any coach with half a brain would do and address need/match-ups/fouls. if it's best to have one of them on the bench one game, then start the next or vice versa or start both I hope that's what he does. this is the job of a coach, we need to drop this notion that the starting lineup needs to be the same game in game out.

Now I know someone is going to say "no way smith will want to come off the bench" well I beg to differ. If the team is winning and that's the need for that particular situation he will go with LD decision. well that's unless he plays the SF and we all know that would be the dream but that is not reality. I just don't understand the point of discussing what we could get instead of what we more than likely will end up with.

I'm also of the opinion that you just don't move guys you draft that are regarded as highly as Al (All-Star) and Josh (All-Star Snub, arguably), especially looking at our draft history. Now if you're the Boston Celtics and you trade away your #1 draft pick (Joe Johnson) and subsequently go on to win an NBA and Eastern Conference Championship while he holds a rival hostage and stagnant, devouring their payroll for the forseeable future, then maybe.

Edited by benhillboy

i would much rather see horfod go then smith, smith is younger and yall talk about hes goin to lose his athletic abilty well not any time soon. smith gets plenty of rebounds like horford finds ways to score and is still maturing most of all he brings fans to the games. we are not traading smith hes better and just wait till he finds his shot. at practice he makes all of em and if he did find a good shot hes the next lebron or close

Edited by Chaze