• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Suns acquire Childress in a S&T for 2012 2nd & 3 mil TPE

GameTime

I changed the title because the article you posted at 1st didn't say it was done and I don't want to have to merge 5 threads on here basically posting the same thing. I've now updated the thread to show the proper title.

Got you.

This may not be AS horrible as it looks if we use the trade exception.

Suns will send part of Stoudemire trade exception to Atlanta to make deal work with Childress.

The Twitter post says we will get part of the Amare TE in the deal. I wonder how much of it we will get. Will it be enough to acquire Shaq?

TE, that's better, I feel a little better but not really.

First the Netherlands loses with 10 men ( f'n refs ) now this. Tomorrow I will wake up with and see a picture of Shaq holding his 2011/12 Heat Jersey.

Obviously Chillz told Atlanta he would stay overseas(Or stay at the Crib>>Ha) if he wasn't traded and they would get nothing next year because he would be a UFA. I can't believe Sund would just give him away for that small contract. It must be something going on we don't know........ Oh well!!!!!!

The Twitter post says we will get part of the Amare TE in the deal. I wonder how much of it we will get. Will it be enough to acquire Shaq?

Ha ha your answer beat me to my next question.

Obviously Chillz told Atlanta he would stay overseas(Or stay at the Crib>>Ha) if he wasn't traded and they would get nothing next year because he would be a UFA. I can't believe Sund would just give him away for that small contract. It must be something going on we don't know........ Oh well!!!!!!

I dont think he would have been an ufa and once he signed an offer sheet the Hawks had a right to match. He would have had two choices play with us or retire.

I honestly don't want to overpay for Shaq.

Kwame Brown and Kurt Thomas are close defensively (if not better) For the minimum.

I won't hold my breath on this but I'd love to get Shaq via trade and then use part of the MLE on Kurt Thomas. I really like Thomas but he won't do jack against Dwight and at the very least Shaq could make Dwight work on the defensive end.

• Like 2

I honestly don't want to overpay for Shaq.

Kwame Brown and Kurt Thomas are close defensively (if not better) For the minimum.

And Kwame is only 29. But I think the ASG thought process is get a real superstar here to tell other stars that Atlanta is a great market and great fan town for superstars. Superstar athletes are all ATL is about. Michael Vick was like a God here and all he had was 'Starpower".

I won't hold my breath on this but I'd love to get Shaq via trade and then use part of the MLE on Kurt Thomas. I really like Thomas but he won't do jack against Dwight and at the very least Shaq could make Dwight work on the defensive end.

Using Synergy I got to see Kurt guard Dwight. I was surprised he held his own fairly well. One of the best/smartest post defenders in the league. Orlando fans also say that Kwame really annoys Dwight so he may not be bad either.

I'm just glad the whole ordeal is over with. I got the impression that he never wanted to play for the Hawks and we don't need those types of players on the team. Good luck to him on a team he wants to play for.. but don't let the door hit you on the way out a the same time.

I rather sign Shaq outright for the MLE and Thomas isn't worth the MLE, maybe the LLE or vet min.

And Kwame is only 29. But I think the ASG thought process is get a real superstar here to tell other stars that Atlanta is a great market and great fan town for superstars. Superstar athletes are all ATL is about. Michael Vick was like a God here and all he had was 'Starpower".

Shaq is an after-sought. Babe Ruth signing to the Boston Braves like move. Just plain dumb.

I rather sign Shaq outright for the MLE and Thomas isn't worth the MLE, maybe the LLE or vet min.

1. Shaq won't sign with the Hawks for the MLE. He has said that.

2. I said PART of the MLE, meaning not offer Thomas the FULL MLE.

• Premium Member

If we got part of the TPE, which I know we did, it makes me think we're moving a pick or a roster player in another deal. This might be the way we can offer Shaq more than the MLE to get him to sign here now.

I'm just glad the whole ordeal is over with. I got the impression that he never wanted to play for the Hawks and we don't need those types of players on the team. Good luck to him on a team he wants to play for.. but don't let the door hit you on the way out a the same time.

Could not say it better myself!!!!