• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's better....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who's better = Gortat or Zaza?

I ask because Gortat is being shopped by the Magic. I guess Orton has made a good impression. Plus they are well over the salary cap. I have no plan for getting Gortat.. only that I know he's available.

My thought is would he be a better BU than ZaZa? Seriously?

I think my statheads to work on this.. Who is better Zaza or Gortat?

• Premium Member

I ask because Gortat is being shopped by the Magic. I guess Orton has made a good impression. Plus they are well over the salary cap. I have no plan for getting Gortat.. only that I know he's available.

In international play.. Gortat = 14 ppg 10 rpg.

This is pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

I'm wondering could Gortat start?

• Admin

Gortat is the better center...he is a better scorer and defender. Zaza is a good scorer too when given pt. They are probably even on rebounding.

• Premium Member

Gortat is the better center...he is a better scorer and defender. Zaza is a good scorer too when given pt. They are probably even on rebounding.

My Marvin trade of the day has a way that we can get Gortat!

ZaZa is a banger who has reached his ceiling as a player imo. He played hard in the playoffs vs Miami and got his contract. Gortat is a defensive presence that we could use. He has upside but who knows how he will adjust to alot of minutes.

That's a tough one.

I'm not a stats guru but a quick glance at last years stats (Zaza vs Gortat):

MPG: 14 vs 13.4

FG%: .488 vs .533

FT%: .650 vs .680

PPG: 4.3 vs 3.6

RPG: 3.8 vs 4.3

Birthday: Feb 10, 1984 vs Feb 17, 1984

Weight: 275 vs 240

Looks like Gortat is a better rebounder and a better scorer even though he has a lower PPG. From watching him play he seems more athletic.

Verdict: Shampoo is better!

• Premium Member

My question is Gortat's contract a better deal than ZaZa? Cause thats a major factor at this point just as much as talent

Yep Sheedera, I was thinking the same thing. Gortat is about 1.5 Million - 2.5 Million per year more than Zaza. Will we see the bang for the buck.

There are some here who are just answering the question based on popularity.. i.e. Gortat plays for Orlando and they do well so he must be good, but his numbers don't say that he's better than Zaza unless there's something I'm missing.

Yep Sheedera, I was thinking the same thing. Gortat is about 1.5 Million - 2.5 Million per year more than Zaza. Will we see the bang for the buck.

There are some here who are just answering the question based on popularity.. i.e. Gortat plays for Orlando and they do well so he must be good, but his numbers don't say that he's better than Zaza unless there's something I'm missing.

Gortat is a much better post defener then ZaZa. Gortat can protect the rim and change shots. ZaZa invites the other team to drive the lane when he is patrolling the paint and his man post defense does not scare any one. Gortat gives the opposite effect and changes shots on defense. ZaZa may be better or at least more aggressive on offense but Gortat is on a whole different level defensively.

• Premium Member

Gortat is far and away the most overrated player in the NBA. If he were the starting center, he wouldn't even draw favorable comparisons to Nenad Krstic. He gets hype because everyone assumes that the man-backing-up-the-man must have some talent. He is decently athletic, but he doesn't have any defensive awareness and has no offensive repertoire. He plays with no heart or hustle. Give me Zaza 8 days a week.

Edited by niremetal

No offense, but lately all of your threads have been pointless. Oh yeah, not to mention that you bash Marvin Williams in every thread. :beathorse:

It's getting old and kind of annoying.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind having Gortat. From what I've seen, he could be a starting center for some team, but not Atlanta. We have the undersized center, but yet he's an all star. I'm happy with keeping Horford as our center. Of course I wouldn't mind having Gortat come off the bench and help, especillay with Howard. I'm sure he knows Howards weaknesses & how to guard him good.

But when it comes down to either Zaza or Gortat, I'd stay with Zaza because we would have to give up some of our players, and it's not worth doing that when Zaza is almost just as good. Plus, Zaza has more heart and I think that's special.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

No offense, but lately all of your threads have been pointless. Oh yeah, not to mention that you bash Marvin Williams in every thread. :beathorse:

So you're saying me asking about the statistical comparison between Gortat ( A defensive 7 footer who has been told by his GM that he may be traded) and Zaza is:

1. Pointless

2. Bashing Marvin.

I can clearly see who is the blind follower in this thread!!!

I mean if you wanted to just Jump on, you could have picked a real thread where I was bashing Marvin. However, to jump on here is like blaming Obama for the Oil Spill in China.

• Premium Member

Gortat is far and away the most overrated player in the NBA. If he were the starting center, he wouldn't even draw favorable comparisons to Nenad Krstic. He gets hype because everyone assumes that the man-backing-up-the-man must have some talent. He is decently athletic, but he doesn't have any defensive awareness and has no offensive repertoire. He plays with no heart or hustle. Give me Zaza 8 days a week.

This is my fear. I like his look, I hope that what he does for the polish national team is more representative of his capabilities. He has a cool nickname, but does he really have it or is he a product of hype... that's my question.

Otis Smith told him that he will be traded if they get a shot at a star player (i.e. Arenas). As of a few days ago, the deal was a go but Howard supposedly nixed it. I figure with the cap trouble that they are in, the trade will be made anyway. Plus, you have Brandon Bass being very unhappy in Orlando too.. He wants more PT or to be traded. I believe that Orlando is going to make a move. I believe that they will move Gortat...

However, I don't know if he's as good as his salary says.

They really are about the same with Gortat having better hops and hence better shot blocking skills. Zaza is not a bad defender he just cant jump so guys who can (like Dwight ) eat his lunch. Both rebound adequately but neither is really a post presence on offense consistently. If we could get Gortat it would be an upgrade but only slightly. Gortat has the edge in athleticism but it would only be helpful if we could get him for ZAza and Maybe a second round cause it isn't really that much of a difference.

So you're saying me asking about the statistical comparison between Gortat ( A defensive 7 footer who has been told by his GM that he may be traded) and Zaza is:

1. Pointless

2. Bashing Marvin.

I can clearly see who is the blind follower in this thread!!!

I mean if you wanted to just Jump on, you could have picked a real thread where I was bashing Marvin. However, to jump on here is like blaming Obama for the Oil Spill in China.

I like Marvin but he has not lived up to where he is drafted.That usually causes a guy to get bashed. Even though i wouldn't do it ,Comes with the territory. If shelden was still here there would be a thread bashing him every five minutes. Untill Marvin lives up to the expectations(hopefully this year he will become James Worthy ) he will be bashed. But no this is not a Bash marvin thread.