• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How have the Hawks improved?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I was thinking about the complete and utter colapse of the Hawks in the Orlando series. I'm sure that has been burning in the Hawks fans minds over the summer, but it apparentley has been forgotten by the front office.

1. They fired the head coach and replaced him with the assistant!

2. They resigned JJ.

3. They drafted a rookie SG at the end of the first round.

4. I think resigned Jason Collins.

I know the offseason is not over yet.

At this point what is your assesment of the moves that have been made to make this team better and counter the debacle in the Orlando series?

I was thinking about the complete and utter colapse of the Hawks in the Orlando series. I'm sure that has been burning in the Hawks fans minds over the summer, but it apparentley has been forgotten by the front office.

1. They fired the head coach and replaced him with the assistant!

2. They resigned JJ.

3. They drafted a rookie SG at the end of the first round.

4. I think resigned Jason Collins.

I know the offseason is not over yet.

At this point what is your assesment of the moves that have been made to make this team better and counter the debacle in the Orlando series?

They added a younger but, honestly from a defensive standpoint, just as useless power forward in Powell. I like our one pick but nothing about our frontline has really improved. We still have question marks concerning PG and C. In a nutshell nothing has been done yet concerning those two areas. Which most here thought needed the most attention.

I really think ZaZa is our answer at C from the ASGs standpoint. And from their standpoint on PG, I see it as Bibby, Teague, Craw. We are pretty much done IMO.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Why are you guys worrying? If the ASG believes in Jason Collins then by GOD then we mere mortal Hawks fan have to blindly support that. We have a guy in Collins that can by himself out eat the entire opposition if necessary. If the games ever decided by a hot dog eat contesting we can beat anyone in the NBA. Anyone!

They gotten better, you know Teague, Smith, Williams, and Horford will improve. Just still aren't contenders so this is still a pointless watch.

• Premium Member

they fired the worst coach in NBA history.

they brought in a new coach that employs an revolutionary motion style offense where the player are suppose to move

they fired the worst coach in NBA history.

they brought in a new coach that employs an revolutionary motion style offense where the player are suppose to move

THIS.

I love how people say we haven't made moves. Have you not learned anything the past few years?

People have been saying the past 3 years the Hawks haven't made any improvements and talk about how much better everyone in the East is getting yet we continue to increase our win total and our playoff seeding.

And with the more than likely change of one of the worst offensive philosophies ever especially given the capable scorers and distributors on this team, we should not get nearly as embarassed in the playoffs.

Even if we get screwed and have to face Orlando again, I guarantee we don't get swept if we abandon Iso Joe

• Like 3

• Moderators

THIS.

I love how people say we haven't made moves. Have you not learned anything the past few years?

People have been saying the past 3 years the Hawks haven't made any improvements and talk about how much better everyone in the East is getting yet we continue to increase our win total and our playoff seeding.

And with the more than likely change of one of the worst offensive philosophies ever especially given the capable scorers and distributors on this team, we should not get nearly as embarassed in the playoffs.

Even if we get screwed and have to face Orlando again, I guarantee we don't get swept if we abandon Iso Joe

+1

You can improve by acquiring better players but you can also improve by IMPROVING. We were all PO'd by the debacle that was the Orlando series. Were we PO'd because it made us realize how much better Orlando's players are than ours? Or was it that we realized how much we underperformed? I think 99% think its the latter. Dwight Howard is hard to stop for the entire league. That doesn't mean they aren't beatable.

• Like 1

THIS.

Agreed 100%

I hate when people say we've peaked with the squad we have yet we have a new offense, coach and starting PG yet we won't improve? SMH

Our hopes rest on a new coach and the hope that he can get more out of the same guys than 'woody

I'm pretty sure that he will get more. How much more is the question....but I seriously doubt it's three rounds more. I'm not even sure if it's two playoff rounds more.

Our hopes rest on a new coach and the hope that he can get more out of the same guys than 'woody

Yeah but it's not just the same guys either. Jordan Crawford and Jeff Teague as well. To me it's like Jeff Teague wasn't even on the team with the way Woody used him.

So those are in my mind, two new pieces.