• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why don't we go after T-Mac or Josh Howard?

GameTime

Even the most avid Marvin supporters would agree that he needs valid competition. IMO they are both upgrades at the SF position. Worse case they make Marvin get up off his butt.

Joe needs to hit up his buddy.

Edited by GameTime

I wouldn't mind signing either for cheap, but i serously doubt that happens.... But I read that the lakers were pretty much trying to give sasha Vuacic away along with a 1st round pick for cap relief, i wouldn't oppose of that either (read on rotoworld.com)

Edited by IHeartAtlanta

I wouldn't mind signing either for cheap, but i serously doubt that happens.... But I read that the lakers were pretty much trying to give sasha Vuacic away along with a 1st round pick for cap relief, i wouldn't oppose of that either (read on rotoworld.com)

I wonder if they would be willing to include their 2nd round pick Caracter? Team like the Cavs should be all over that if so.

Edited by Buzzard

Howard would only be a slight upgrade if he could get back to where he was a couple of years ago. Last year he was awful and he's not someone who inspires any confidence that he's going to improve.

T-Mac is done. At least as a starter.

Edited by High5

Even the most avid Marvin supporters would agree that he needs valid competition. IMO they are both upgrades at the SF position. Worse case they make Marvin get up off his butt.

Worst come to worst you could sign Howard for a minimum deal then offer Mo Evans and Zaza to cleveland and sign Shaq for the sum of their contracts .That way the effect on the cap is minimal and we don't lose Marvin (Seems management hasn't given up on him yet). Howard would at least give you what Evans did as a back up and if motivated may even out play Marvin and put a fire in him to b e more aggressive.I like Zaza but honestly he is not better then Shaq if healthy even old Shaq.Then sign a young junk center of the pile who can rebound and defend like maybe Kwame for injury insurance and we will be better up front.

• Premium Member

I'm telling you, Tmac will have a Grant Hill like career resurrection.

People sleep on T-Mac because of the injuries. Don't get it twisted, T-Mac was among the top three players in the league before the injuries started. He was a #1 option on some pretty good teams. We made the mistake of passing on Stack when he was available for peanuts. I think we should at least take a look at T-Mac before some other team scoops him up.

People sleep on T-Mac because of the injuries. Don't get it twisted, T-Mac was among the top three players in the league before the injuries started. He was a #1 option on some pretty good teams. We made the mistake of passing on Stack when he was available for peanuts. I think we should at least take a look at T-Mac before some other team scoops him up.

He was working out for the bulls couple of days ago. He could start

at sg for them.

I think there's no doubt that this starting lineup would be at least moderately enticing.....

Teague

Joe

McGrady

Josh

Al

with reserves......

Jamal, Marvin, Bibby, JC2, Zaza, Powell, Random Bruiser 1, Random Bruiser 2

I would definitely consider McGrady for a great price.

Yes, he needs competition, and no, neither player at this point in their career is an upgrade to Marvin. Marvin has posted 5.7, 6.1, and 5.7 win shares over the past three seasons. McGrady has posted 5.8, 2.7, and 0.3 win shares in the past three seasons. Josh Howard has produced 8.0, 3.2, and 1.0 win shares in the past three seasons. Josh Howard hasn't given a team good defensive play in two years. These guys are upgrades in name only, just as Shaq is an upgrade in name only to Zaza Pachulia as Atlanta's back up center.

If we wanted to get a player who is an ascending player that would have pushed Marvin, if not started over him, then we should have offered part of the MLE over a 3 year deal to Dorell Wright, a player who at 24 years of age posted 4.3 win shares and a WS/48 of 0.137. He is a player that can defend two perimeter positions (Shooting guard and small foward), which is what the Hawks desperately need to improve their porous perimeter defense.

Yes, he needs competition, and no, neither player at this point in their career is an upgrade to Marvin. Marvin has posted 5.7, 6.1, and 5.7 win shares over the past three seasons. McGrady has posted 5.8, 2.7, and 0.3 win shares in the past three seasons. Josh Howard has produced 8.0, 3.2, and 1.0 win shares in the past three seasons. Josh Howard hasn't given a team good defensive play in two years. These guys are upgrades in name only, just as Shaq is an upgrade in name only to Zaza Pachulia as Atlanta's back up center.

If we wanted to get a player who is an ascending player that would have pushed Marvin, if not started over him, then we should have offered part of the MLE over a 3 year deal to Dorell Wright, a player who at 24 years of age posted 4.3 win shares and a WS/48 of 0.137. He is a player that can defend two perimeter positions (Shooting guard and small foward), which is what the Hawks desperately need to improve their porous perimeter defense.

One criticism of this metric is that players who play for teams that win more games than expected, based on the Pythagorean expectation, receive more win shares than players whose team wins fewer games than expected. Since a team exceeding or falling short of its Pythagorean expectation is generally acknowledged as chance, some believe[who?] that credit should not be assigned purely based on team wins. However, team wins are the bedrock of the system, whose purpose is to assign credit for what happened. Win shares are intended to represent player value (what they were responsible for) rather than player ability (what the player's true skill level is).