• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are we not talking about Carmelo?

Ruckus

Marvin, Bibby and Mo for Carmelo satisfies the CBA. Add two #1's and we look very good. As far as outside of the court, Atlanta has two Major TV/Movie studios with two in the making. Of course the music biz is large and the new renaissance of writing and technology is the latest buzz. We may have a chance if we endeavor.

Compared to what Houston or the Clippers could offer that's a terrible package for Denver.

I agree with 2/3 northcyde.

• Premium Member

It's true that Melo is highly unlikely to land in ATL.

There may, however, be an opportunity to gain something of value as a third team in a Melo trade since the Nets and Clips probably are both lacking more than one substantial young assets to get a deal done. The Nets have Lopez, period. The Clips have Griffin, period.

What's more, if the Nugs go on a fire sale, there could be other deals that make sense.

It's true that Melo is highly unlikely to land in ATL.

There may, however, be an opportunity to gain something of value as a third team in a Melo trade since the Nets and Clips probably are both lacking more than one substantial young assets to get a deal done. The Nets have Lopez, period. The Clips have Griffin, period.

What's more, if the Nugs go on a fire sale, there could be other deals that make sense.

I have to disagree with you here Sturt, you are vastly understating both teams young talent and picks with that post.

• Premium Member

I have to disagree with you here Sturt, you are vastly understating both teams young talent and picks with that post.

Don't mind the disagreement, but such as?

Perhaps one or more of the players from the June draft could be included, I guess.

Don't mind the disagreement, but such as?

Perhaps one or more of the players from the June draft could be included, I guess.

Well for the Clippers, I would rank their young assets outside of Griffin according to me

Eric Gordon (criminally underrated SG)

Al Farouq Aminu

Eric Bledsoe

Deandre Jordan

Willie Warren

Their picks and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 pick (almost top 5 guranteed)

The Nets outside of Lopez

Derrick Favors

Terrence Williams

Damion James

And the Nets have their picks and a Golden State pick which is top 7 protected but still likely a lottery pick.

This doesn't include a vet expiring like Murphy from the Nets side or an allstar center in Kaman from the Clippers side. The Clippers and especially the Nets also have capsace to absorb other larger deals which would be key to a team looking to gut payroll and rebuild.

Upon hearing Billups may also be available I stand by my previous deal

Melo,Billups,Chris Anderson

for

Smoove,Marvin,Zaza and two 1st rd picks

Nene

Smoove

marvin

Jr smith

Lawson

they have the expiring of Kenyon to deal and next year have the expiring of Nene

Chris Anderson

Al

Melo

Joe

Billups

Craw/Mo /JT0 and we we grab a Etan Thomas or Steven Hunter as another vet big and we are now ready to challenge lebron and Co . as well as become must see tv for networks .

• Moderators

Well now that we know where Kat Stacks moved (ironically, the town where she received her last "slap"), we know why Atlanta is very much not on Melo's shortlist of preferred teams. As an aside, I'm guessing Lala was the Twitter "hacker."

~lw3

I would be thrilled to see the Hawks trade for Anthony but I would hate to see Josh Smith included in any trade! I honestly think Smith is very valuable to the Hawks and with a little more experience and better coaching I think he will one day be considered one of the better players in the NBA.