• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yes! Hawks ARE paying attention!..............

Gray Mule

:line dance:

Dream going to the finals! Not only did Atlanta win the semi finals, they won every game in their

playoff drive to the championship series. They are the eastern champions.

The announcers for the Atlanta dream told us, "The head coach for the Atlanta Hawks and his

entire staff of assistant coaches are in attendance."

Yep, the Hawks ARE paying attention.

If any one could watch this entire game and not get just a little bit excited - - Well, they ain't dead

but they must be close. Great Game. Our Dream Angel set a new scoring record for a WNBA

playoff game - - 42 points!

:dancing18:

WOW! What else can we say.

GO DREAM!! :friends1:

• Like 1

Dont forget the best part beating a NY team. I made my 1st trip to the ATL the 1st week in August this year after being a Hawks fan since Nique came. My wife, kids and I were doing the downtown sights on a Sunday and I wanted to walk over to Phillips to get some pictures in front of Hawks stadium with my son. I didnt realize a Dream game was going on and one of the guys at the door saw us with our Hawks gear on and called us over and asked if we wanted to see the Dream. 5 free tickets to the lower level and a great time later I wopuld have to say I am a fan of them. My son caught a tshirt, one of those Aarons dogs they parachute from the rafters, my daughters got to sit with the mascott and after the game we all got to go on the court and shoot free throws. It was a great time and it didnt cost a penny ( wish I could say the same for the Aquarium and Coke museum). They play hard and play as a team. I hope they win a title and show the Hawks how it is done.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

• Moderators

As far as literally "paying attention", not only was Smoove on the sideline (probably a requisite thing) but the ENTIRE Hawks coaching staff was on the baseline, providing support and hopefully taking some notes when it comes to motivating players.

~lw3

i've watched a couple of their games on TV and i'm glad to see that the attendence has been improving throughout the playoff run. that place actually seemed packed during the game. hopefully seattle (an even less fortunate basketball city than atlanta) doesn't destroy us like they did during the regular season. GO DREAM!!!

As far as literally "paying attention", not only was Smoove on the sideline (probably a requisite thing) but the ENTIRE Hawks coaching staff was on the baseline, providing support and hopefully taking some notes when it comes to motivating players.

~lw3

I doubt it was requisite, since his dad and Jarrett Jack were there with him . . .

• Moderators

I doubt it was requisite, since his dad and Jarrett Jack were there with him . . .

Even during the regular season, there's a Hawk on the sideline, usually just one, so the announcer can give them props ("Zaza Pachulia is in the house!" -- cheers), plus they get extra seats to accompany fam 'n friends and so they don't have to sit next to yahoos. I'm hard-pressed to recall a game when none- or two or more- of the Hawks appeared, y'all might recall otherwise. Al was the designee at the 1st round game. It would be nice to catch Joe at Finals Game 3.

Was good to see Jack and Dee Brown there last night. The latter made me wonder whatever happened to my old Reebok Pumps.

~lw3

• Moderators

http://www.ajc.com/sports/dreams-mccoughtry-strives-to-607798.html

Dream coach Marynell Meadors said McCoughtry is seeing that passing the ball more against double and triple teams can not only help her teammates, but herself.

“[McCoughtry] is quite capable of putting the team on her back, though, and sometimes she feels like she needs to do that,” Meadors said. “I think she is a young player that is realizing. I think she’s getting double- and sometimes triple-teamed, and she feeds it to someone else.”

McCoughtry also has learned that part of being a leader is having the right attitude, because sometimes her teammates will feed off her emotions.

She said she wasn’t displaying the emotions the Dream needed when they lost nine of their last 14 games to end the regular season.

“That was my fault late in the season, because I wasn’t leading the way I should have been,” McCoughtry said. “It was more my demeanor and my attitude and my body language. I wasn’t as positive as I should have been in everything.”

McCoughtry has made a concerted effort to change her demeanor in the playoffs, and it has paid dividends with her teammates. She has discovered that an uplifting attitude can go a long way.

:clap:

I've definitely seen the difference demeanor-wise in the playoffs, it's been like night-and-day, and it boosted both her play and that of her teammates.

~lw3

http://www.ajc.com/sports/dreams-mccoughtry-strives-to-607798.html

:clap:

I've definitely seen the difference demeanor-wise in the playoffs, it's been like night-and-day, and it boosted both her play and that of her teammates.

~lw3

got to see her when she was playing here at u of louisville. glad atlanta got to draft her.

It was great last night. It was absolutely great to see the coaching staff and Josh Smith last night. Josh had attended a few games before his wedding. It's great that he supports the women league also. Afterall, don't complain about people not showing up at the Hawks events, when the Hawks don't support other sports in the city.

• Moderators

lol @ Angel's recent tweet:

@KingJames: Lol thnx for the shout out even though u wernt rooting for us

responding to LBJ's from last night:

Man Angel McCoughtry going ham on the Liberty. She got 40 and counting. Congradulations to the ATL Dream!

~lw3

Just about the most exciting game I've ever been to. Angel made a statement for sure - best game of her pro career so far. Way to step it UP in the playoffs. Her and Poindexter put on one heck of a show. This had to be something for the new Hawk coaches to see. Hope it will rub off on them.