• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Etan Thomas and Josh Powell add 'Physicality'

Admin

This is posted on the Hawksquawk homepage, but in case you missed it you can click on this link to view the entire article ... http://blogs.ajc.com...fid=blogs_hawks

I LOVE this quote from LD

No call, no cry

L.D. stopped practice today when players started complaining about the calls by local officials brought in for scrimmages. The calls were pretty bad–lots of illegal screens went without a whistle, to the point that even J.J. lashed out–but L.D. didn't want to hear it.

"Let the officials make the calls and play," he told them. "That's a big part of our growth. We are always complaining to officials about calls. We have got to get that [blank] out of our system. That starts here in practice."

L.D. elaborated on his stance afterward:

"To me nothing positive comes out of that. They are not going to change the call, so just leave them alone and just play basketball. It's a very emotional game, and I understand that. . . . [but] we don't want to get into being a team that complains a lot and always disputing calls and that type thing. Stay away from that and just play ball."

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is posted on the Hawksquawk homepage, but in case you missed it you can click on this link to view the entire article ... http://blogs.ajc.com...fid=blogs_hawks

So far, LD has been trying to correct every fault this team had last season. I can't help but think that this is going to be a special season for the Hawks. Anybody who thought of LD as being another Woodson will have to rethink that stance. :cant believe:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The real question is is there enough time to correct the multitude of problems we have developed over the last 6 years. So far, I like what I ahve seen out of LD. I hope it translates in a lasting way!

I like this kind of thinking in Phil Jackson words........""We have to play by the way the ref is calling the game".......heard phil say that in finals this past year against the celtics when they asked him about the foul trouble fisher against allen in one of the earlier games and thats how phil reacted. Play by the way the ref is calling the game! That is basically what LD is telling the hawks and I hope they realize that and do it cause every ref call the game different. I mean they are human!

• Premium Member

I like this kind of thinking in Phil Jackson words........""We have to play by the way the ref is calling the game".......heard phil say that in finals this past year against the celtics when they asked him about the foul trouble fisher against allen in one of the earlier games and thats how phil reacted. Play by the way the ref is calling the game! That is basically what LD is telling the hawks and I hope they realize that and do it cause every ref call the game different. I mean they are human!

Phil is a master at manipulating the refs. He probably said that to cast doubt on the refs... not so much for his players. We have to get to the place where the coach is responsible for tuning the refs and the players just play...That's why I like what LD said.

Ethan Thomas is another Mr. Glass and he talking about bringing Physicality? He spends too much time on the bench. I will not even address Josh Powell. The dude should just be thankful he is in the NBA.

Edited by Hotlanta1981