• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson will make the jump this year

HawkItus

Joe is finally getting the space to make the plays he needs to make to be that guy. I saw things out of Joe last night(on a off night at that) that will put him in a different class. The biggest thing is all that motion to the rim will finally get him to the line.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Let's hope so. Hopefully the coaches are stressing this for all players this year. Enough with the pass-pass-jumper bs. Let play some big boy basketball around hear.

The one knock on JJ has been that when his shot isn't falling that he can't be enough of a scoring threat. Getting to the line like he did lastnight is the difference between an off night being 13pts and an off night being 22pts. That can be the difference in winning 10 or so games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe was getting to the line like crazy early last season and just stopped around the mid season. I think guys like Joe have to be reminded of this stuff constantly or else they'll just revert to the easy way.

Joe was getting to the line like crazy early last season and just stopped around the mid season. I think guys like Joe have to be reminded of this stuff constantly or else they'll just revert to the easy way.

True, but this offense kind of makes him go to the cup. It's built in. Especially when we have Smith on the opposite side of the court. People aren't going to let Smoove back door them(not that there is anything wrong with that :tongue: ). So you'll see Joe getting that opportunity to go back door and cut to the basket a lot.

Joe was so efficient and he only played 31 min!

that was the big thing I saw from Joe last night. He seems to have bought in to letting his points come in the flow of the game and not forcing. Most of those points came very easy. Very Paul Pierce like scoring without the whining.

• Premium Member

I think JJ playing 40+ minutes of iso play per game made him take the easy route and shoot fadeaway jumpers. It's hard to take that much punishment for 40+ minutes 81 games (and the Playoffs) a season.

• Like 1

One thing I like the most was that he actually looked for contact. Joe is usually the type to pump, get his man in the air and then wait for him pass by before he takes his shot whereas every other scorer in the league would immediately jump into the defender.

I like when the ol' Razorback snares a dunk, too. It's like seeing a pig fly.

~lw3

LOL Believe it or not, JJ would take off on people in High School and his Freshman year at UARK. When he tore those ligaments in his foot that kind of grounded him. I still think he could dunk much more than he does though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

looks like Joe is back to his non-driving all jump shooting ways. Too many jumpers.