• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are people hating on Joe?

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

I watch every single Hawks game and it doesn't seem like Joe is degressing at all. If anything it seems when he gets a one on one he draws in the double team and then passes it to the open man instead of shooting his fade away and i have no problem with him doing that. This Hawks team without Joe, lets face it, would be a couple levels under where they are right now. If you look around the league in places like Chicago and Oklahoma and Denver would die to have a great 2 guard because they know it would put them over the hump. (I dont consider Durant a 2). I'm sure that when Joe is needed in big or tight games he will be ready to play and on his game. Alright so im ready to get ripped for this post, so what are your thoughts?

• Like 1

i don't think people are hating on joe. just voicing fustration (in my nique voice, no spelling error) with his bad play. he got over a hundred mill this summer so he's held to higher level of expectation. if joe was playing like he is supposed to, he wouldn't be playing so much, because we would be blowing teams out. his bad play is making him play more minutes.

He's just in a slump right now, he's doing everthing else that he needs to for me....he's still defending well, he's rebounding the ball fairly decent and he's leading the team in dimes once again and we're winning so I'll live with him missing a jumpers early in the season because I know for a fact that he can hit those shots its just not falling right now....now if he was jacking up horrible shots and missing them it would be a different story, his offense is coming in the flow of the offense and if he's just not knocking em down right now I can live with it......I'll be gald when he comes around but I'm not going to jump on him about it......does everyone remember during Boston's championship season how Ray went thru that month were he couldn't hit water falling out of a boat and everybody was saying he may be the weak link in the big 3, but he got it right back and again was that killer that we all know him as....shooters go thru this from time to time, give him some time and he'll be ok :whistling:

I watch every single Hawks game and it doesn't seem like Joe is degressing at all. If anything it seems when he gets a one on one he draws in the double team and then passes it to the open man instead of shooting his fade away and i have no problem with him doing that. This Hawks team without Joe, lets face it, would be a couple levels under where they are right now. If you look around the league in places like Chicago and Oklahoma and Denver would die to have a great 2 guard because they know it would put them over the hump. (I dont consider Durant a 2). I'm sure that when Joe is needed in big or tight games he will be ready to play and on his game. Alright so im ready to get ripped for this post, so what are your thoughts?

Well since you asked, I'm going to give it to you but don't take this too serious.

Joe is too late to react to a double team and finds himself trapped too often. This leads to turnovers or bad shots for teammates (IE. the passing to Josh with 3 seconds on the clock...as good as a turnover).

Joe doesn't know when to stop shooting. Good players look to defer when their in a slump but Joe tends to press. Tries to shoot his way out of a slump and often times to the detriment of the team.

Joe doesn't seem to have his teammates back at the level you want the team captain, highest paid player to do. This is an unfortunate knock. It's just his personality though. Joe isn't a bad teammate but he is very Joe oriented.

By having top salary, max salary he has invited the scrutiny to be a superstar in all parts of the game and his game is superstar on some nights but average on others. I think the issue is with consistency.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well since you asked, I'm going to give it to you but don't take this too serious.

Joe is too late to react to a double team and finds himself trapped too often. This leads to turnovers or bad shots for teammates (IE. the passing to Josh with 3 seconds on the clock...as good as a turnover).

Joe doesn't know when to stop shooting. Good players look to defer when their in a slump but Joe tends to press. Tries to shoot his way out of a slump and often times to the detriment of the team.

Joe doesn't seem to have his teammates back at the level you want the team captain, highest paid player to do. This is an unfortunate knock. It's just his personality though. Joe isn't a bad teammate but he is very Joe oriented.

By having top salary, max salary he has invited the scrutiny to be a superstar in all parts of the game and his game is superstar on some nights but average on others. I think the issue is with consistency.

Agree with all points

• Premium Member

i don't think people are hating on joe. just voicing fustration (in my nique voice, no spelling error) with his bad play. he got over a hundred mill this summer so he's held to higher level of expectation. if joe was playing like he is supposed to, he wouldn't be playing so much, because we would be blowing teams out. his bad play is making him play more minutes.

I think people have been hating on Joe since last season. I think when Joe called out the fans, the few fans we have started to hate on Joe. Nobody considered that maybe he was right?

So that's one reason.

The second reason that hate on Joe is because he got paid more than Lebron did this summer. They hate that for two reasons. Reason 1 is that it proves that ASG were not as broke and bankrupt as the media was saying. The Media really wanted the ASG to come off as not being able to afford a good team. Reason 2 is because they didn't think that Joe was worthy of so much money. They thought that Joe should make Josh Smith Money.

The Bottom line here is that people failed to recognize that Joe is the best player on the team. Joe is the star of this team weather they like him or not. He is the most complete player and he does deserve to be mentioned in the circle with Pierce ,Stoudamire, and Paul. So Joe has some haters, but with success there will be haters.

• Like 1

I think people have been hating on Joe since last season. I think when Joe called out the fans, the few fans we have started to hate on Joe. Nobody considered that maybe he was right?

So that's one reason.

The second reason that hate on Joe is because he got paid more than Lebron did this summer. They hate that for two reasons. Reason 1 is that it proves that ASG were not as broke and bankrupt as the media was saying. The Media really wanted the ASG to come off as not being able to afford a good team. Reason 2 is because they didn't think that Joe was worthy of so much money. They thought that Joe should make Josh Smith Money.

The Bottom line here is that people failed to recognize that Joe is the best player on the team. Joe is the star of this team weather they like him or not. He is the most complete player and he does deserve to be mentioned in the circle with Pierce ,Stoudamire, and Paul. So Joe has some haters, but with success there will be haters.

I think that's debatable. Being a one on one scorer is not the only part of basketball. If it was, Jamal would be best. I think the biggest "problem with Joe's game" and considering him the same class as the top 10 players in the league is his game impact. Joe is not an impact player. He gets his points. He gets his stats but rarely do you say, "Joe just won us the game with that play". Great players make the other team doubt if they can overcome a stellar effort from that player. Great players can "will" their teams to victory. I never get that from Joe. He's a very, very good player but he isn't an impact player. His first year in with the Hawks proved that. They still stunk with Joe.

There are times that Dwight Howard takes over a game and there is nothing you can do about it. There are times Pierce does the same. Kevin Durant is definately that guy. Garnett used to be that guy. Barkley and Malone were definately those guys. Kidd used to be that guy. About 10 times a year, Josh Smith is that guy (see last 2 games). Joe does it a few times a year but you rarely walk away saying "there is no way Joe was going to let Orlando win today".

I think the Hawks are trying to utilize the bench more so they will have depth in the bench when we play tougher opponents. I think that's good. As far as Joe, I think he is not performing up to his potential maybe he is trying to run an offense, and he is trying to spread the scoring out. I think he will definitely perform to his potential at some point.

As far as the criticism, (I love the Hawks, and Joe is a Hawk), I really think that it is because of the 120 million dollar contract. To whom much is given; much is expected. Do we expect a Kia Sportage to perform the same way as a Hummer? No, I am expecting a little bit more, well, honestly, I expecting a whole lot more. Secondly, I know he was frustrated and I think I understood what he meant, but his end of the year locker room "interview" is still fresh on the minds of many fans. Honestly, I think Joe needs a real publicist. Not that his image is bad, but honestly he really doesn't have one other than being a basketball player. Some players when they play their personality shows like Al (likeable) and Josh (LOL).