• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Random Thoughts After The Heat Game.

MVP23

Release Mo Evans ASAP. This guy is stealing from us at this point. I don't even need to go further into it...

The Heat are terrible. Other than quitness, Wade and Bosh they have no talent. They can't play together the way they could if they had a decent coach, and I'm convinced we can beat them in a playoff series.

Release Jeff Teague. This guy can't shoot, finish, has terrible court vision, not the best decision maker, and isn't that great of a defender. All I wanted to see was flash, and I'm yet to see it. No excuses. Drew gives him mins every single night, and still, nothing.

Al Horford is our best player.

Josh Smith...arhhh I'm starting to get tired of his mess. Its been 7 years now, and I'm starting to think he is going to be one of those guys that just will never get it. I'm not pushing for a trade, but....I don't know what to do at this point.

Once again, release Mo Evans.

Josh Smith...arhhh I'm starting to get tired of his mess. Its been 7 years now, and I'm starting to think he is going to be one of those guys that just will never get it. I'm not pushing for a trade, but....I don't know what to do at this point.

He doesnt get it. It's been apparent to me for a long time. He is what he is. People don't change.

Drew benched him again last nite because he was playing horrible again and not playing smart.

Then when he put him back in, we went downhill and Miami's lead grew again. He should have left

him out and we would have had a chance. When Josh is off, he never turns it back around. You have to

recognize that as a coach. He stuck with him and we all saw the result.

Also Al couldn;t miss an for some reason we stopped going to him?

And Josh Powell has been great the last 3 games. Put him in there when Evil Josh is playing like crap.

The guy is consistent and plays with his head.

The Hawks problems really boil down to the complete lack of leadership throughout the organization. They have no court general. They have no one in the FO that is willing to take a gamble or apparently have a vision for where this thing is going. They are a very frustrating organization to be a fan of.

That said, if you look at what the ASG allowed to happen on the hockey side, there is some hope. The Thrashers are starting to look like a pro-hockey team. Instead of watching that retched Hawks performance in Miami last night, I went over to the Thrashers' game. If you missed it, you missed some solid, professional hockey by our hometown team. If you aren't into hockey, I suggest now is the time to start tuning into the Thrashers. They have what it takes to be a playoff team: great goal tending (yes great), good defense, and opportunistic offense. Their penalty kill is looking better and better and their powerplay unit is getting quality shots. This is finally a real hockey organization. They key- they got rid of Dandy Don Waddell who was the worst general manager in American professional sports. With the new FO they got rid of the the prima donnas and undersized defense-men and replaced them with team players and bigger guys on the blueline. That is, the Thrashers have gone from being a skilled, but soft team to a hard noised defense minded team. Mixed into this you have guys that can put the puck in the net but stay tough and don't back down from challenges. To put this in some perspective for basketball guys, the Thrashers just beat the best team in hockey twice over the past 10 days. In the interim they went on a 5 game winning streak and lost to the second best team in the NHL by a great goal from the best player in hockey.

The Thrashers, amazingly enough, now show the blueprint for how to fix the Hawks. Get in some hardnoised players who won't back down. The prima dona skilled player only can take you so far. The guy that plays tough is a better bet in the long run. ASG, allow what the Hawks to do what you did with the hockey team. Please.

...The Thrashers, amazingly enough, now show the blueprint for how to fix the Hawks. Get in some hardnoised players who won't back down. The prima dona skilled player only can take you so far. The guy that plays tough is a better bet in the long run. ASG, allow what the Hawks to do what you did with the hockey team. Please.

But fros...if we put a bunch of hard-nosed 6 foot 200 lb hockey players out there we'll get killed in the paint line%20dance.gif

• Like 1

The Hawks problems really boil down to the complete lack of leadership throughout the organization. They have no court general. They have no one in the FO that is willing to take a gamble or apparently have a vision for where this thing is going. They are a very frustrating organization to be a fan of.

That said, if you look at what the ASG allowed to happen on the hockey side, there is some hope. The Thrashers are starting to look like a pro-hockey team. Instead of watching that retched Hawks performance in Miami last night, I went over to the Thrashers' game. If you missed it, you missed some solid, professional hockey by our hometown team. If you aren't into hockey, I suggest now is the time to start tuning into the Thrashers. They have what it takes to be a playoff team: great goal tending (yes great), good defense, and opportunistic offense. Their penalty kill is looking better and better and their powerplay unit is getting quality shots. This is finally a real hockey organization. They key- they got rid of Dandy Don Waddell who was the worst general manager in American professional sports. With the new FO they got rid of the the prima donnas and undersized defense-men and replaced them with team players and bigger guys on the blueline. That is, the Thrashers have gone from being a skilled, but soft team to a hard noised defense minded team. Mixed into this you have guys that can put the puck in the net but stay tough and don't back down from challenges. To put this in some perspective for basketball guys, the Thrashers just beat the best team in hockey twice over the past 10 days. In the interim they went on a 5 game winning streak and lost to the second best team in the NHL by a great goal from the best player in hockey.

The Thrashers, amazingly enough, now show the blueprint for how to fix the Hawks. Get in some hardnoised players who won't back down. The prima dona skilled player only can take you so far. The guy that plays tough is a better bet in the long run. ASG, allow what the Hawks to do what you did with the hockey team. Please.

I agree Fros...the Thrashers are playing great lately. They have no superstars but a solid well balanced team and everyone is playing hard. Thats what it takes.

BTW, if you ever want someone to catch a Thrashers game with, drop me a line. I am a HUGE hockey fan originally from the Northeast.

Last nite I guess the Hawks forgot that team meeting pact they made to start evert game with energy. They looked like they all went out partying the night before.

You cant get down by 15 to the Heat and expect to turn it on when it matters. That might work against the 76ers, but not elite teams like Miami.

Release Mo Evans ASAP. This guy is stealing from us at this point. I don't even need to go further into it...

The Heat are terrible. Other than quitness, Wade and Bosh they have no talent. They can't play together the way they could if they had a decent coach, and I'm convinced we can beat them in a playoff series.

Release Jeff Teague. This guy can't shoot, finish, has terrible court vision, not the best decision maker, and isn't that great of a defender. All I wanted to see was flash, and I'm yet to see it. No excuses. Drew gives him mins every single night, and still, nothing.

I completely agree with everything you mentioned. Especially the whole Smoove thing. I've always been a supporter of Josh, and he's been my favorite Hawk ever since he was drafted here, but I'm tired of waiting, he just doesn't get it and never will. His trade stock is high and he comes with a reasonable contract, I'm sure we can receive someone for him who can actually contribute consistently.

My issue with Josh is he has no offensive game, whatsoever. Everyone complains about him takings so much jumpers, but it's not any better than watching his post game! For a proclaimed all-star forward, he has one of the worst post games I've ever seen. He just downright can't score in the paint if he's not catching a pass/lob towards an open lane.

Edited by SmooveZilla

• Premium Member

Like I said last night. 2nd rounder for Earl Watson. We need a vet hand at the BU PG.

But fros...if we put a bunch of hard-nosed 6 foot 200 lb hockey players out there we'll get killed in the paint line%20dance.gif

:line dance:

I wonder. Who would come in and push them around? Bet these guys could do the old "Box out"

under the goal. You might out reach them for the ball but you'd better keep that rascal up high

or these guys would take it away from you.

Atlanta dream won the east. The Falcons are hot in the NFC South. The Thrashers are winning.

Something just isn't right with our beloved Hawks. They ain't bad. They ain't great. They're just - - -

Hawks "Turned it on" in the last half of the 4th quarter against the 76ers and won the game. They

"Turned it on" in the 3rd quarter and carried it over into the 4th and last the game.

The question becomes, "If the Hawks can play that good, why did they wait to do it?" You can't

be inconsistent in the NBA or any pro sport and expect to win a lot of games. Our first half

preformance against the Heat was pathetic. Same as most of the game against the 76ers.

Atlanta did hold Miami under 100 points. They just couldn't generate any offense. And, they

didn't get to the line for free throws. True, Bibby was clearly fouled going to the basket and

the striped shirts ignored it. Were they afraid to call things on the Heat? Forget I said that.

Bibby got called for a tech. when he mentioned the fact that they missed the call.

:ill:

• Moderators

Smoove for Dalembert (expiring) and a kings 1st rounder and call it a day. Im sick of him even though he is tremendous talent. Also having 2 PF is getting lame.

The Kings heads would explode if we offered this deal. Geez.. Smoove has way more good games than bad. Horford's life would only be slightly different if he started at the 4 instead of the 5 except he wouldn't get guarded by big Z and be able to hit wide open jumpers all game. Smoove and Horford together is a good combo

Now here is an interesting debate in the making!

Is Smoove *good* in the paint? Or is he not very good in the paint?

Does *good in the paint* mean that he is actually ---good in the paint --- or does it mean that he simply shoots a higher percentage from the paint than he does on jumpers and threes?

Can a player who is *bad in the paint* actually be mistaken for being *good in the paint* because he is so inept from virtually any other spot on the court?

Does being totally inept in one area mean one is automatically adept in another area that they are not totally inept in? At a quick glance, this doesn't seem logical.

Smoove usually shoots over 50% from the free-throw line every year. Maybe we should station him there on offense? There is a large sample size to back-up this suggestion.

We've spent a lot of time debating, whinning and bitchin' over Smoove shooting jumpers and three's --- with the assumption (from best as I could gather) that he (and the team) would be much better off with him shooting in the paint. But have we totally neglected to explore the possibility that it might not be in the best interest of the team for Smoove to ever shoot at all --- unless it is a lay-up or a dunk?

Rodman wasn't any good in the paint (except for the occasional lay-up or put-back) --- despite his (very misleading) high shooting percentage from there.

CS

• Premium Member

The Kings heads would explode if we offered this deal. Geez.. Smoove has way more good games than bad. Horford's life would only be slightly different if he started at the 4 instead of the 5 except he wouldn't get guarded by big Z and be able to hit wide open jumpers all game. Smoove and Horford together is a good combo

Sactown is 4-14 now. IF we traded them Smoove, I would wait until the deadline so as to not give them a chance to make that first rounder meaningful. But yeah.... That's a possibility considering our pockets and that pick.

Now here is an interesting debate in the making!

Is Smoove *good* in the paint? Or is he not very good in the paint?

Does *good in the paint* mean that he is actually ---good in the paint --- or does it mean that he simply shoots a higher percentage from the paint than he does on jumpers and threes?

Can a player who is *bad in the paint* actually be mistaken for being *good in the paint* because he is so inept from virtually any other spot on the court?

Does being totally inept in one area mean one is automatically adept in another area that they are not totally inept in? At a quick glance, this doesn't seem logical.

Smoove usually shoots over 50% from the free-throw line every year. Maybe we should station him there on offense? There is a large sample size to back-up this suggestion.

We've spent a lot of time debating, whinning and bitchin' over Smoove shooting jumpers and three's --- with the assumption (from best as I could gather) that he (and the team) would be much better off with him shooting in the paint. But have we totally neglected to explore the possibility that it might not be in the best interest of the team for Smoove to ever shoot at all --- unless it is a lay-up or a dunk?

Rodman wasn't any good in the paint (except for the occasional lay-up or put-back) --- despite his (very misleading) high shooting percentage from there.

CS

SLEPT ON POST!

Smoove is HORRIBLE in the post. I told yall a million times that smove is NOT a PF! His post game is absolutely dreadful. I actually feel better when he shoots a jumper than when he post up. Dont confuse shooting a high percentage in the paint with actually being good in the paint. Look at dennis rodman as chickenstanley pointed out.

Smoove is a guy that should only do 4 things on offense. Rebound, Layup, Dunk and Shoot 3s(he actually shoots 46% for some reason and is 1% short of his overall field goal percentage) Not saying he should take 5 in a game but its better than his AWFUL post up. He got enough talent to get his 15 points or so but this assumption that he is "good in the paint" is actaully not true outside of a layup or dunk.

If this team cant figure that out then we should trade him and let another coach figure that out.

Edited by hoodstar