• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Celtics

CWebb

This team is going nowhere without JJohnson...

My thought exactly, we need to stop lying to ourselves. The Joe haters really need to take a step back and look where the team is headed.

We've got Josh trying to become the go to guy when the idiot doesn't realize he has no offensive game, Marvin is still as inconsistent as ever, Bibby is constantly trying to shut down his arch-nemesis, the invisible man, on defense, and Mo Evans is playing some of the worst basketball I've ever witnessed. The only bright spot, since Joe's absence has been Al Horford and I'm finding it really hard to watch him play with this sorry group.

We need Joe back and we need him back now, but that's not happening for another half a month.

Edited by SmooveZilla
  • Like 1

My thought exactly, we need to stop lying to ourselves. The Joe haters really need to take a step back and look where the team is headed.

We've got Josh trying to become the go to guy when the idiot doesn't realize he has no offensive game, Marvin is still as inconsistent as ever, Bibby is constantly trying to shut down his arch-nemesis, the invisible man, on defense, and Mo Evans is playing some of the worst basketball I've ever witnessed. The only bright spot, since Joe's absence has been Al Horford and I'm finding it really hard to watch him play with this sorry group.

We need Joe back and we need him back now, but that's not happening for another half a month.

I totally agree with the Josh Smith thing, he needs to be in the paint and focus on defense, forget about this Dirk Nowitzki crap because against the good teams it just doesn't work out. He is too uncoordinated and slow on offense to be a go to guy.

great thread.

Thank you :wink:

You know, I'm just a big hawk fan french guy who doesn't have the skill to write a lot of things in english... I'm just really disapointed right now. I saw that there was no threat for the game and seize the opportunity to create it.

I apologize for my english. I hope that somebody understands what I say...

It was really painful to see the starting lineup trying to play tonight.. There was absolutely no ball movement and no defense. Teague and Marvin got us going, which is very fortunate. But again, with Joe and Jamal out, we lacked offensive talent. Even Horford disappoints me

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

With 7 of their top 10 sidlined due to injury, the Celtics ran away with the Hawks - - But,

not as much distance as their last meeting.

No one can touch the mighty Celtics. Paul Pierce can score any time he wants to. He can

automatically draw a foul and hit two free throws. Big Baby is unstoppable. Nate Robinson

can hit shot after shot. They have a center who was a second round pick by a championship

team, which means he was the last player picked and he is their starting center.

Some of their bench were picked up off the streets in Boston and pulled off the unemployment line.

If they had their regulars all back, they would have a pretty good team, wouldn't you think.

If anyone had dared suggest that the top two scorers for the Hawks would be Marvin (26) and Jeff (18)

before the game started, they would have been put in a straight jacket. To dare suggest that Josh

would have one point on a free throw and that was it, one point, the guys in the white coats would be

coming to take you away.

Truth, the last part of this post, is stranger than fiction, the beginning of this post.

:cant believe:

• Like 1

:write a letter:

CWebb

No problem. You come through loud and clear.

We all feel your pain. I've noticed a terrible trend for our beloved Hawks. The game will be

close with the Hawks swapping points and the lead up until about 2 minutes before

the end of any and all quarters. Then they fall apart - - Literally. They get blown away.

They can't hit a shot. They turn the ball over. They can't play defense at all. Gotta fix this.

:help wanted3:

• Admin

Marvin played great tonight.

I don't know what was up with Josh but he was MIA tonight. His shot selection and decisions reminded me of three years ago. He was an absolute mess. He was trying to be the star instead of just trying to play within himself.

Teague really played well too. Although he did most of his damage against a player who shouldn't be on the floor, hopefully this can give him some confidence moving forward.

JC2 seems like he might be a chucker. It seems that he wants to score everytime he touches the basketball. Maybe it is just that he got on the floor for the first time in a while. Time will tell.

We need to move the ball around more.

Refs were terrible tonight and it seems like the announcers were biased towards the celtics. The national games are supposed to be unbiased. Oh Well.

• Premium Member

Watching tonight's game, there are a few thoughts I got.

1st. When we are totally healthy, we're going to be hard to beat. I know that we know a lot about Boston, but we showed up for 2 quarters.

2nd. Tonight proved that Horf and Smoove are not guys who can create for themselves. I made the comment, that tonight, you will get to see what a Smoove=Horf led team looks like and I hope that you like it. A streaking Celtics team was the perfect place to see this play out. The reason being is that the Celtics don't like us. I think there was a big todo about the Knicks being the Celtics Rival. Well, the truth is that we are the Celtics Rival. And Say what you want, they took pleasure in beating us down. We needed that. We needed that reality check. It should have shown the value of Joe and Craw around here.

3rd. As much as people piss and moan about Bibby and Teague, tonight I saw good possibilities. Bibby is not going to become Gary Payton. Bibby is going to be Bibby. However, what he has to do is learn to run the offense, play hard in spurts, and teach the young fella to do it.

4th. Now you see why Jordan Crawford is on the bench. Give him time to develop but don't expect him to be the next coming of Jamal Crawford. Just because he shares the same name doesn't mean that he has as good a game.

5th. We need a defensive coach. Our team right now is stuck between a push and a pull on defense. Some players are still out there trying to switch. (Josh Smith). After 6 minutes left in the 3rd, our defense turned into trash. LD needs to find one of these coaches who can coach defense and beg him to be our defensive coach. Somebody who coached a strong fight through the pick kinda defense. I know that between LD and LC (Lester Conner) we have a wealth of experience, but I don't know if either is a truly defensive guy (like Woody was). Plus, I think we need some toughness on the staff. Maybe a guy like Bill Mussleman. It really peaked my interest to realize that Boston had Lawrence Frank down on the sidelines with Doc (as his top assistant). That's not even fair. I know this. IF LD doesn't work out, I strongly suggest coming up with the moolah to go after JVG.

6th. Marvin = Enigma. Even though Marvin was our leading scorer, I know that I can't count on him to show up like this everytime out. In fact, against Charlotte, we might get the 36 minutes 6 points guy. If it takes the whole team being out to make Marvin step up, then we need to trade him.

7th. We probably should hold off on major trades until we have seen this team healthy. I still like what putting Collins at Center does for this team. When Joe comes back and Craw comes back, having Marvin and Craw off the bench... could mean something.

• Like 1

Seemed to be good chemistry between Marvin and the bench team led by Teague ... almost as if Marvin's mindset was "Aw shucks I guess I have to step up because my C (Zaza) and SG (Wilkens) aren't scorers" - so I wonder what it would look like if Powell started over Marvin. I know nothing about Powell's endurance - but he shoots well enough from past the paint to where Josh could stay inside where he should be. Marvin, Jamal, Wilkins, Teague (+ Zaza/Collins) would be a bench team that's fairly balanced defensively and offensively, if a bit undersized (Teague steals, Wilkins guards bigger)

Why was no one stopping Glen Davis? Where were the hard defensive fouls?

• Premium Member

Seemed to be good chemistry between Marvin and the bench team led by Teague ... almost as if Marvin's mindset was "Aw shucks I guess I have to step up because my C (Zaza) and SG (Wilkens) aren't scorers" - so I wonder what it would look like if Powell started over Marvin. I know nothing about Powell's endurance - but he shoots well enough from past the paint to where Josh could stay inside where he should be. Marvin, Jamal, Wilkins, Teague (+ Zaza/Collins) would be a bench team that's fairly balanced defensively and offensively, if a bit undersized (Teague steals, Wilkins guards bigger)

Why was no one stopping Glen Davis? Where were the hard defensive fouls?

When Joe gets back ,it should be:

Jason, Horf, Smoove, Joe, and Bibs with Zaza, Powell, Marvin, Jamal, and Jefferson Teague off the bench.

That is until we can find a way to get a center better than Collins in here.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Even with Marv's 26 I found myself wondering why he's not looking to score more. There were several times he's being guarded by smaller or weaker guys and he gets the ball and just looks to pass. I don't get it. At least he showed up.

My man Smoove was absolutely horrible on both ends. He should have been on the bench more. Horford didn't do much but where was the pick and roll that we were going to use?

I'm not disappointed in JC2. He's a shooter. Don't have him bring the ball up or try to make plays. Run some spot up jumpers for him.

I think we need to roll with Teague and let him make his mistakes.

I'll keep harping on this but we aren't going to get any respect until we start playing physically. We just don't have the talent that the elite teams have. But that doesn't mean we can't rough people up. Get them off their game. There's just no aggression or fire out there.

And Sir Charles was absolutely right. Don't be impressed by the records of the Celtics and Spurs or even the Hawks. There are a LOT of crappy teams out there.

This team is going nowhere without JJohnson...

I don't find that this is a major problem. What concerns me more is are we going somewhere WITH Joe Johnson. I think we are one player away.

• Premium Member

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

With 7 of their top 10 sidlined due to injury, the Celtics ran away with the Hawks - - But,

not as much distance as their last meeting.

No one can touch the mighty Celtics. Paul Pierce can score any time he wants to. He can

automatically draw a foul and hit two free throws. Big Baby is unstoppable. Nate Robinson

can hit shot after shot. They have a center who was a second round pick by a championship

team, which means he was the last player picked and he is their starting center.

Some of their bench were picked up off the streets in Boston and pulled off the unemployment line.

If they had their regulars all back, they would have a pretty good team, wouldn't you think.

If anyone had dared suggest that the top two scorers for the Hawks would be Marvin (26) and Jeff (18)

before the game started, they would have been put in a straight jacket. To dare suggest that Josh

would have one point on a free throw and that was it, one point, the guys in the white coats would be

coming to take you away.

Truth, the last part of this post, is stranger than fiction, the beginning of this post.

:cant believe:

Good post! Spot on