• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnny Flynn available on a trade!

gurpilo

He was considered one of the top talents of last years class. He had an inconsistent season on Minny last year and is clearly behind Ridnour and Rubio who will come next year. He is still a great PG prospect and would be a great addition for us.

Would you do Jamaal Crawford for Johnny Flynn and Martell Webster or C. Brewer, we could even include a 1st rd pick on the trade.

For the Hawks is a no brainer, we get our PG of the future for a SG that will leave us next year. Flynn provides us the so much needed PG.

Minny gets the starter SG they need and a veteran leader for their rebuilding process. They can choose to resign him or let the 10M$ come off the books, they also clear the jam at the wings and a 1st rd pick.

I would consider this trade. I think you would have to play with the players involved a little more, but I do like the idea of getting Flynn. Now, why would Minny take Crawford as the primary in the trade? This maybe a case where we'd be looking at a bigger trade of multiple assets (e.g. Smith and Love respectively).

I have never understood the fanfare over Flynn and Brewer. I don't see Flynn as much of a PG prospect. He's just another inefficient, undersized SG. Teague could give us more consistency in ~30 minutes. Not as much boom, but not as much bust. And Brewer's strength is his perimeter defense, but I think Wilkins has him beat there. Wilkins might give us better offense, too.

I'm not sold now same as I wasn't sold then on Jonny as a PG. He got overrated coming into the draft thanks to some massive scoring games in the Big East tournament and getting his team to the Sweet 16 but he still possesses plenty of the same weaknesses. He's more of a pure scorer than a distributor, his jumper turned out to be better than it was in college but his defense is still god awful in due part to him never playing man in Boeheim's zone dependent defense. As of now I would rank him in the bottom 3 of PGs taken in that draft with Teague last, Maynor then Flynn, Rubio get's an INC. You could consider Flynn a bigger disappointment than the other two because he was taken far sooner than they were but I will give him the benefit of the doubt to work through his hip surgery and play more into his sophomore year before I give my final judgment, but for now, he's not much better than Teague in my mind.

It is funny to me how Minnesota is such a terrible team, but Hawks fans want all their players.

I see Minnesota as a great trading partner. From what I've seen on their realgm boards in the past, they're also willing to give up Wes Johnson. If we could acquire Flynn & Johnson for Craw and one of Marv/Zaza/Bibby... oh man-finally a point that won't get burnt on defense and a young replacement for crawford on a rookie contract.

Flynn isn't a good defender at all and really Minnesota has no reason to trade with Atlanta.

They might take Marvin as they seem to enjoy taking on reclamation projects such as Darko, Beasley and Webster and making them realize some of their highly touted potential but they didn't give up much if anything for those guys.

I wouldn't mind having Brewer and Flynn. Brewer trade value is in the tank. Flynn still retain some value despite struggling coming back from his injury.

For Brewer straight up.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24aty3u

For Flynn & add a 2nd rounder or 2 2nd rounders.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2corue2

I wouldn't mind having Brewer and Flynn. Brewer trade value is in the tank. Flynn still retain some value despite struggling coming back from his injury.

For Brewer straight up.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24aty3u

For Flynn & add a 2nd rounder or 2 2nd rounders.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2corue2

Yeah that seems good. Way better than giving Crawford like the OP wanted.

• Premium Member

I see Minnesota as a great trading partner. From what I've seen on their realgm boards in the past, they're also willing to give up Wes Johnson. If we could acquire Flynn & Johnson for Craw and one of Marv/Zaza/Bibby... oh man-finally a point that won't get burnt on defense and a young replacement for crawford on a rookie contract.

Flynn might get burned.

I say, let's get Teague more time. Flynn is not Billups or Nash.