• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No love for Joe?

Admin

People were giving him love in the GT. But a few good games shouldn't warranted a thread for our $120 million man.

You're right, but a bad start to the season shouldn't have warranted all of the bashing that he got after all of the good years he's given us.

There was some love thrown JJ's way in the game thread, but yes, Joe seems to be coming back into form. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I knew it was just a matter of time after hearing reports that the day he came back from injury he hit something like 45 of 50 from 3 during practice. Obviously that's not the same as shooting in the game but it's a beautiful thing to see some of the shots he's making now and how pure that jumper is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

JOE IS BACK. I was thinking about starting a thread on this myself. It's not just the point totals or percentages as much as his body language. I'm starting to think JJ was injured a LOT longer than he told the media. I haven't seen this JJ since he averaged 25ppg during that dreadful season. His outside shot and floater are MONEY like they were a few years ago. He's clearly been in attack mode for these past few games and has looked much better than a #2 option. Once again, it's all in his body language.

JJ is back !

He easily the 3rd best SG in the game today. Glad he is a Hawk !

+1

The absence of a new JJ-hate thread is good enough for me. I am sure benhillboy is waiting anxiously for JJ's next bad game so he can start a new JJ-bashing thread.

So true!

Seriously though. I praise the dude my fair share, more than a certified "Joe Hater" should. I simmply will never remotely like his overall approach to offense or his leadership intangibles and won't apologize for it, but never for a second think that I want him to fail to try to illustrate all of my (valid) points. As long as his beautiful stoke is falling and he's locking somebody up, you'll hear little from me. Oh, and my disappointment thread lit a fire under Jamal. I know it lol.

Didn't see the game like most Hawk fans, but I understand that this was an all-around and out team effort? Hate I missed it. Let's go.

And speaking of Utah, what is our record the past few years against them? I will never forget when we beat them by 40 what, a couple years ago? Swept them last year? I wanna trade them for the Magic in our division.

Edited by benhillboy

You're right, but a bad start to the season shouldn't have warranted all of the bashing that he got after all of the good years he's given us.

I never saw any unjust criticism other than one or two people questioning how injured he actually was. When you sign an enormous contract like the one he signed, fans have great reason to be critical when he falls so incredibly short of being worthy.

Here's hoping these games weren't fool's gold.

Jim Rome is showing the JJ some love. He will be interviewing him on tomorrow show at 4:30 pm EST. This might be the most boring interview ever. :laugh:

Yep lol

Jim Rome is showing the JJ some love. He will be interviewing him on tomorrow show at 4:30 pm EST. This might be the most boring interview ever. :laugh:

LOL Paladin :laugh: ....but you never know after all these organizational changes. I could see:

Rome: " Joe, you came to Atlanta thanks to the dogged pursuit of your services by B.K., then the Atlanta GM...do you miss him?"

JJ: "I kinda miss him Jim...I usta go over to his house for Arkansas football games and he waxed my car at halftime."

Rome: "Well, ahh, how about your old coach Woody?"

JJ: "Woody was an idiot...he usta get mixed up at halftime about which team we were playing that night. He would diagram defensive sets during timeouts when we were getting the ball."

Rome: "Well wow Joe, that was more than I expected...anything else you would like to comment about?"

JJ: "Sure Jim...UFOs"

Rome: "Did you say UFOs?"

JJ: "Yeah Jim, when I was a kid we had a flying saucer crash on my uncle's farm...we even have some of the wreckage to this day."

Rome: (laughing nervously) "C'mon now Joe...you're pulling my chain."

JJ: "No, seriously Jim...we have the wreckage stored in an old barn...the dogs won't go near it."

Rome: "Uhhh uhh....we're out."

• Like 3

It is good to see Joe getting some pub. Things like this could be what lights a fire under him. With his versatility, there is no reason he shouldn't be putting in 25 a game around 45%. One thing that doesn't help is having to defend PGs at the other end. Hopefully we remedy that soon. If he and Jamal keeping putting in 50 a night at a decent percentage, ATL will be a tough out.

If Joe can continue to produce....for longer than a one week span, than maybe I'll give him some love. Until then, I'll look at him as the dude that the Hawks overpaid for.

• Premium Member

Good but he needs to do something in the playoffs to shut people up for good. I'm a JJ supporter but I fully understand why so many hate him.

• Like 1

If Joe can continue to produce....for longer than a one week span, than maybe I'll give him some love. Until then, I'll look at him as the dude that the Hawks overpaid for.

Even if JJ had a career year this year that wouldn't change the fact that he is overpaid. People need to stop trying to tie in his performance with his paycheck. Just because he is getting paid more doesn't make him a better player and isn't going to make him produce more.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Even if JJ had a career year this year that wouldn't change the fact that he is overpaid. People need to stop trying to tie in his performance with his paycheck. Just because he is getting paid more doesn't make him a better player and isn't going to make him produce more.

I have to agree with this. Even if he matched his career best 25ppg 5assts season, I'm still not sure that the general NBA fan would think JJ is worth 120+mil. The ASG paid JJ what they felt he was worth to the Hawks franchise, plain and simple.