• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Staying in School? Good Luck With That...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Pretty wild when you live in Palo Alto, California, and your decision to stay at Stanford gets plastered as the top story on http://www.charlotteobserver.com/ (not the Sports section, the whole paper).

Who do the Panthers look to now (or do they trade down?)

~lw3

His coach is going to making $8 mill per coaching the Miami Dolphins.

I think he is whipped ! There must be a hott junior at Stanford that has him tied around her pinky finger and he can't bare the thought of living in Carolina is not an option. They have been dating for 3 years. You know what they say..........love is blind.......and very stupid.

• Like 1

This is just great news for the Falcons. The NFCS would have been an unbelievable division if Luck had come out:

Brees

Ryan

Freeman

Luck

Would have been the best collection of QBs in the NFL.

That said, the Panthers may not win a game next year, so Luck will be at Corlina anyways.

I have no idea who the Panthers will take, Ingram?

They could draft Cam Newton.

Cam is an increadible college QB, but he has a long way to go to become an NFL QB. His throwing motion is poor and he doesn't have enough experience running an offense v. top tier defenses. If Cam came back to Auburn next year, he wouldn't have the sort of season he's having now. DCs would figure out how to keep his running in check. However, Cam might make for a heck of a NFL TE. Dude would be awesom in that role.

If they are desperate enough they could take Mallett,

I see Mallett shooting up the draft board. Some team will fall in love with his big arm. He ran a complete offense under Petrino against SEC defenses. He has less of a learning curve then does Newton b/c of the pro passing-system of Petrino.

His weakness is easily correctable (foot work).

I would not bet against Newton though. He is a 1st round pick. It just depends on his work ethic at to whether or not he will succeed. Does Newton have the work ethic of the young Tim Tebow or Matt Ryan or the work ethic of the Atlanta version of Mike Vick or Vince Young ?

That is the main concern on Newton. Its up to him. The only person who can stop Cam Newton, is Cam Newton.

Edited by coachx

I see Mallett shooting up the draft board. Some team will fall in love with his big arm. He ran a complete offense under Petrino against SEC defenses. He has less of a learning curve then does Newton b/c of the pro passing-system of Petrino.

His weakness is easily correctable (foot work).

I would not bet against Newton though. He is a 1st round pick. It just depends on his work ethic at to whether or not he will succeed. Does Newton have the work ethic of the young Tim Tebow or Matt Ryan or the work ethic of the Atlanta version of Mike Vick or Vince Young ?

That is the main concern on Newton. Its up to him. The only person who can stop Cam Newton, is Cam Newton.

I disagree. I honestly don't think Cam Newton has what it takes to be an NFL Quarterback. None of his throws that I saw when watching Auburn impressed me. He's mobile, but he won't an effective runner like he is in college. However, like someone else said, he could be a great tight end if he just works at running routes.

Cam is an increadible college QB, but he has a long way to go to become an NFL QB. His throwing motion is poor and he doesn't have enough experience running an offense v. top tier defenses. If Cam came back to Auburn next year, he wouldn't have the sort of season he's having now. DCs would figure out how to keep his running in check. However, Cam might make for a heck of a NFL TE. Dude would be awesom in that role.

I agree that Cam has a long way to go to be a standout NFL QB. The "juke one way and run up the middle" play won't work much in the pros - going up against 6'2" 260 lb middle line backers. Still, I think Cam will do better than a guy like VY at Tennessee...and for a reason some may disagree with - his Dad.

Now I'm not saying that Daddy Newton is a great guy by any means...trying to scam $180,000 from Miss State doesn't make you Dad of the Year...still, he is at least there and has an understanding that if Cam doesn't get the job done the money spigot will dry up. I think that kind of grounding will force Cam to take his job a bit more seriously. If Cam get's the "OMG I'm not the best just by walking on the field anymore" mentality and wants to sulk...his Dad will adjust his attitude by kicking him is the arse. (just my guess)

P.S. - I still can't believe Luck is returning to Stanford for another year.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...