• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove cannot be traded.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We need to keep Smoove around until the end of the 2011-2012 season.

Dwight is coming HOME!!!!

Dream with me.

Dwight Opts out of his contract. Says that he is going to play in Atlanta.

Our GM at the time works a Horf/filler/1st for Dwight Deal.

IN 2011 draft, we picked up Brandon Knight (he just fell our way).

So as 2012-2013 season starts...

Knight, Joe, Smoove, Howard are our starters.

Dream with me.

I agree. I hope smoove does stick around. IF Dwight comes here I will be so excited!!! Hawks are gonna be unstoppable!

• Premium Member

Dream with me.

So...the reason Smoove can't be traded is because we need him on the outside chance that 1) Dwight decides to opt out of the contract; 2) wants to play here; and 3) the Magic are willing to play along and send the league's best center to a division rival?

Silly me. Here I was thinking the reason Smoove can't be traded is because (from our perspective) we need him to paper over our lack of a defensive PG, and (from other team's perspective) the trade kicker in his contract makes him unpalatably expensive.

i was just going to post something on this. LINK basically we have a year of getting smoove to covertly convince childhood buddy dwight to join the ranks. so the hawks answer to dealing with howard in the post, is to get howard for our post.

btw, i like the idea of drafting brandon knight for pg after this season, or maquis teague (jeff's brother) should be available after next season from uk as well.

Dwight wants LA, not Atlanta and how are we going have cap space?

• Premium Member

So...the reason Smoove can't be traded is because we need him on the outside chance that 1) Dwight decides to opt out of the contract; 2) wants to play here; and 3) the Magic are willing to play along and send the league's best center to a division rival?

Silly me. Here I was thinking the reason Smoove can't be traded is because (from our perspective) we need him to paper over our lack of a defensive PG, and (from other team's perspective) the trade kicker in his contract makes him unpalatably expensive.

1. Orlando is afraid that Dwight will opt out.

2. Why not play for your hometeam with a best friend who you talk to just about every night and who you dreamed of playing pro ball with since you were young?

3. I think Horf and a first for dwight (who has opted out and expressed he wants to play in Atlanta) is a very good deal. Just imagine if he took the minimum to come to Atlanta and played with Horf and Smoove?

You're not silly, you're just unaware.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

1. Orlando is afraid that Dwight will opt out.

2. Why not play for your hometeam with a best friend who you talk to just about every night and who you dreamed of playing pro ball with since you were young?

3. I think Horf and a first for dwight (who has opted out and expressed he wants to play in Atlanta) is a very good deal. Just imagine if he took the minimum to come to Atlanta and played with Horf and Smoove?

You're not silly, you're just unaware.

Dwight dreamed of being a Hawk. He was very disappointed when the ping-pong balls didn't fall Atlanta's way. It took two-three years to get over it. I believe he would come with more helps. ASG would pay the luxery to sign Dwight and Keep Al,Joe and Josh.

P.S. CP3 will be available too. Doc will be available (as well as Austin) after sitting down to watch Austin play for Duke. I like dreaming too "D".

• Like 1

• Admin

Dwight dreamed of being a Hawk. He was very disappointed when the ping-pong balls didn't fall Atlanta's way. It took two-three years to get over it. I believe he would come with more helps. ASG would pay the luxery to sign Dwight and Keep Al,Joe and Josh.

P.S. CP3 will be available too. Doc will be available (as well as Austin) after sitting down to watch Austin play for Duke. I like dreaming too "D".

He dreamed when he was coming out of HS and living in Georgia. Its a lot different now.

• Admin

Get off this cloud Cap!!

C'mon, Howard is not going to want to come here. Its simple. He wants to go to a place where he can win games and possibly win a championship, where there is great fan support, great management and high exposure for endorcements.

C'mon, Howard is not going to want to come here. Its simple. He wants to go to a place where he can win games and possibly win a championship, where there is great fan support, great management and high exposure for endorcements.

Make the field and they will come.

Dwight brings all those things you say he wants. With Dwight here we win games and possible a championship with Al, Josh, Joe and Chris. Dwight without a doubt (along with Chris) brings another 5,000 fans into Philips every game. Endorsements will increase (Coke, Delta, Philips), the community will be stoked. Atlanta is the sleeping giant with the 9th largest metro. 9th now but only 1 million away from number 4. Two years from now Atlanta will have 6.2 million and probable the number 5 market in the country with Dallas and Philly/D.C

• Admin

Make the field and they will come.

Dwight brings all those things you say he wants. With Dwight here we win games and possible a championship with Al, Josh, Joe and Chris. Dwight without a doubt (along with Chris) brings another 5,000 fans into Philips every game. Endorsements will increase (Coke, Delta, Philips), the community will be stoked. Atlanta is the sleeping giant with the 9th largest metro. 9th now but only 1 million away from number 4. Two years from now Atlanta will have 6.2 million and probable the number 5 market in the country with Dallas and Philly/D.C

Hey, that would be great. You will have to take 2 of these 3 out of the equation (Al, Josh, Joe) but if it meant Dwight and Paul then we would be amazing.