• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Win last night cancels any trades

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

First of all it was a great win last night in Miami. We were without Marvin and for most of the game Horford. Miami was missing Bosch but the young kid at center scrapped and hustled for at least 16 rebounds. Dang we live by that 3 point shooting and it worked last night.

The bummer for me is that I think it will give ownership a false sense of security that we dont need to make any moves with this win. I hope not, but we won on jump shots with NO inside game at all. We were dominated on defense by a name name undersized center. If our shots had not been following we would have lost this game.

We need a legitimate point guard and a paint player. If we would've had a inside scorer to dump the ball into, we would have blown Miami out.

I know, a lot of if's and but's.

Your thoughts

• Like 3

• Premium Member

First of all it was a great win last night in Miami. We were without Marvin and for most of the game Horford. Miami was missing Bosch but the young kid at center scrapped and hustled for at least 16 rebounds. Dang we live by that 3 point shooting and it worked last night.

The bummer for me is that I think it will give ownership a false sense of security that we dont need to make any moves with this win. I hope not, but we won on jump shots with NO inside game at all. We were dominated on defense by a name name undersized center. If our shots had not been following we would have lost this game.

We need a legitimate point guard and a paint player. If we would've had a inside scorer to dump the ball into, we would have blown Miami out.

Your thoughts

Win or lose I don't see the Hawks making moves. Sund and ownership seem content as long as they're winning regular season games at a decent clip.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Your thoughts

Lol, did Marvin play? I wonder who we could trade, who might not be as valuable or needed as we once thought? LMFAO!!

The first 4 quarters were jumpshot after jumpshot, it was really sickening. Joe was so stubborn at trying to beat wade and james highhandedly that there were possessions where he just went 1 against 5. Josh was terrific in the OT but all he did was shoot jumpers. I think that we can't get so emotionally attached to players especially after wins like this. Sure Josh was huge in OT but would it have gotten to OT if he hadn't played bad in the first four? And we are becoming too much of a jumpshooting team, it seems like all everyone wants to do is shoot threes after that Utah game.

I'd like to get in on the Hinrich or Lowry trade talks. Bibby, Craw, and JJ can't keep logging 40 + minute nights and Teague isn't ready for prime time.

I'd be happy with Kaman too. His injury is just a sprained ankle. He is an easy upgrade over ZaZa and Collins. He would give us that back to the basket scorer we are missing.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

The first 4 quarters were jumpshot after jumpshot, it was really sickening. Joe was so stubborn at trying to beat wade and james highhandedly that there were possessions where he just went 1 against 5. Josh was terrific in the OT but all he did was shoot jumpers. I think that we can't get so emotionally attached to players especially after wins like this. Sure Josh was huge in OT but would it have gotten to OT if he hadn't played bad in the first four? And we are becoming too much of a jumpshooting team, it seems like all everyone wants to do is shoot threes after that Utah game.

LD has to run the guards off the 3 pt line. That's where Josh is getting his playing mentality from. He sees Bibbs, Joe, and Jamal hoisting 3's like there's no tomorrow and thinks "WTH man....I want some of that." All around undisciplined basketball. LD can get his point across if he starts benching Josh when he's MAKING the shot. Don't wait until he's missing them.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

LD has to run the guards off the 3 pt line. That's where Josh is getting his playing mentality from. He sees Bibbs, Joe, and Jamal hoisting 3's like there's no tomorrow and thinks "WTH man....I want some of that." All around undisciplined basketball. LD can get his point across if he starts benching Josh when he's MAKING the shot. Don't wait until he's missing them.

Letting Josh move away from the basket and shoot more jumpers is likely the most disappointing part of LD's performance as coach so far....unless you believed that the guy shooting 45% from 3pt range was the real Josh Smith earlier this year.

Even after the great start to the year for jump shooting, he is at .459 efg% on his jumpers compared to .568 efg% on all other shots. I know which ones I want Josh taking more of.

• Like 1

What's the Hawks stats for inside scoring? Aren't they #3 in points in the paint?

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/home

So the problem of inside scoring is a myth.

We can't score easy baskets which is the issue. The Hawks can score around the basket but not easily. They just use high skill level but that doesn't always work in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

We can't score easy baskets which is the issue. The Hawks can score around the basket but not easily. They just use high skill level but that doesn't always work in the playoffs.

"just use high skill level"

...not catching your drift...

"just use high skill level"

...not catching your drift...

There good at getting to the rim using dribble pen and iso. They just don't draw fouls because all of them on this team try to avoid fouls. Crawford, Johnson, Horford, and Smith do have a high skill level comparative to the rest of the league. There are not Lebron or Wade but still.

• Like 1

I'd like to get in on the Hinrich or Lowry trade talks. Bibby, Craw, and JJ can't keep logging 40 + minute nights and Teague isn't ready for prime time.

I'd be happy with Kaman too. His injury is just a sprained ankle. He is an easy upgrade over ZaZa and Collins. He would give us that back to the basket scorer we are missing.

Hinrich to me is one of the best defensive player at his position. Any combination of Marvin/BB/Zaza + 2nd round pick & I'm in.

• Premium Member

What's the Hawks stats for inside scoring? Aren't they #3 in points in the paint?

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/home

So the problem of inside scoring is a myth.

Let's be more specific. I'm wiling to bet $17,355,236 that the Hawks backcourt is either at or near the bottom for inside scoring.

If I'm wrong please pm your mailing address to collect on this bet

Edited by NineOhTheRino