• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we have an allstar of 4

Diesel

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I think that when you look at our guys, it's an interesting question. Who here should be an allstar?

Since coming back from Injury, Joe has been FIRE!

Jamal leads all 6th men in scoring again.

Smoove is 16.0 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 3.6 apg (5th amoung Fowards in the East behind Lebron, Boozer, Granger, and Bosh)

Horf is 16.2 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 3.2 apg (3rd amoung Centers in the East. Behind Amare and Howard.

Same Stat, Joe is 4th amoung guards. Behind Rose, Wade and Felton. Jamal = 18th.

Joe is 5th amoung guards in Efficiency.

Josh is 4th in the league in Fantasy Points. Behind James, Love, & Gay.

Horf is 7th in the league in double doubles. Smoove is 9th.

Edited by Diesel

• Admin

Horford will be an all star at center. Only Howard and maybe Bogart (worse team / injured a lot) have been better.

Josh was looking like an all star early in the season but his recent play over the last month may have hurt him. He may make the team. If Melo gets traded to the East then I think Smith is def out.

Jamal is not going to be an all star. He scores a lot but thats it.

Joe has been playing like an all star in Jan but his previous 2 months he has been way off. If he contines this play all the way through the team selection he might make it.

I think we have one for sure and may get 2 spots on the all star team. We will not get three. Personally I hope Joe doesn't make it so he can rest during the all star weekend.

Joe shouldn't be but probably will because he's the 3rd best SG in the NBA. Smoove and Al should be All Stars this year.

• Moderators

My hunch is no one gets in, unless the Hawks are a 3-seed at the NBA coaches' decision time. They'll try to shoe-horn in the Big 3, Rose & Boozer, and the Celts' whole starting lineup, then use the Hawks as injury replacements.

If the Hawks get to 3rd seed or higher, the priorities for replacements will be: Horf over Shaq, Joe over Allen, and Josh over Boozer.

G: D-WADE, D-ROSE, Rondo, Allen

F: KARMA, AMAR'E, Kg, Pierce, Booz, Bosh

C: DWIGHT, Shaq

~lw3

If the Hawks get to 3rd seed or higher, the priorities for replacements will be: Horf over Shaq, Joe over Allen, and Josh over Boozer.

G: D-WADE, D-ROSE, Rondo, Allen

F: KARMA, AMAR'E, Kg, Pierce, Booz, Bosh

C: DWIGHT, Shaq

~lw3

Horford is a lock to get in.

There is no way that the coaches will pick Shaq over Horford

He is only getting 10pts and 4 rebs a game.

Josh has no chance on making the team.

LBJ and Amare are starting, Boozer avgs 20 and 10,Pierce will

be there and Bosh will make it.

• Like 1

There are 3 SG in the NBA who get double teamed a lot - Kobe, Wade, JJ. Despite the slow start and injury, JJ has far superior ppg over the nearest competition - Ray Allen. By the end of this month JJ will blow away all competition.

Horford and Howard have far superior PER when compared to all the other Centers in the NBA. No contest. TD and Amare are listed as forwards this year. Coaches know what Horford is all about. Lock.

All calculations point to the following team:

Rose, Rondo

Wade, JJ

LeJerk, PeePee,

Amare, Garnett, (2 of Boozer, Bosh, Josh - the worst record holder won't make it)

Howard, Horford.

Not more than 4 Eastern guards deserve it this year.

Injury replacements - (Left out one of Josh/Bosh/Boozer), Ray Allen, Felton, Bogut.

• Moderators

There are 3 SG in the NBA who get double teamed a lot - Kobe, Wade, JJ. Despite the slow start and injury, JJ has far superior ppg over the nearest competition - Ray Allen. By the end of this month JJ will blow away all competition.

Horford and Howard have far superior PER when compared to all the other Centers in the NBA. No contest. TD and Amare are listed as forwards this year. Coaches know what Horford is all about. Lock.

All calculations point to the following team:

Rose, Rondo

Wade, JJ

LeJerk, PeePee,

Amare, Garnett, (2 of Boozer, Bosh, Josh - the worst record holder won't make it)

Howard, Horford.

Not more than 4 Eastern guards deserve it this year.

Injury replacements - (Left out one of Josh/Bosh/Boozer), Ray Allen, Felton, Bogut.

If I am a betting man, that is what I would bet on as well - JJ and Horford in. Smooth with a chance but an uphill battle. Crawford out.

Bosh won't make it but I think Bogut and Boozer are real competition.

Why's Garnett a shoe in? He has comparable or worse stats than Josh.

Voted in if I'm not mistaken.

• Admin

Why's Garnett a shoe in? He has comparable or worse stats than Josh.

Its more then just stats.

Garnett is one of the primary reason for Boston's success. His rebounding, defense, post, and leadership.

We are probably only going to get one player ...maybe two. There are a lot of deserving forwards and Smith's game has been declining the last month (He started the season at an all star level) and the all star selection is all about momentum leading up.

If I had to guess Al is a definite...Joe a possibility ... Josh will probably be an injury replacement.

Horford should make it in. Dwight Howard, Al Horford, maybe Andrew Bogut.

Josh has the stats to make it in but has the most competition. I don't think he makes it. Lebron James, Amar'e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and either Carlos Boozer or Wilson Chandler make it in. Only reason Boozer is a maybe is because he's played so many fewer games.

Joe I feel pretty confident will make it in. He was out with an injury and came back early and is now playing at an elite level. Even considering his below normal stats for November and December his stats for the year with exception to his 3pt% is just about back to being average Joe. Other guards that might usually be his main competition like Iggy and Arenas are having off years. Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson, maybe Raymond Felton. If they have 3 centers then Felton is out. If they have 2 then he is in.

Crawford has no chance. He's fun to watch. I'd rather watch him than Dwyane Wade personally, but he just doesn't have the stats or star power to make it.

Its sad when I read this fanbase always trying to shortchange jamal. Of course he wont make it ..not when hawks fans dont even have his back

Jamal at this point has a better argument for being an all star than JJ

Jamal amongst Sgs in the east

FG%

Jamal - 44% 8th

JJ - 42% 10th

FTA - per game and then total

jamal - (tie)4th per game but 3rd total attempts

JJ - (tie) 4th per game but 5th total attempts

3pts made

jamal 4th

JJ 12th

assists

Jamal - 6th

JJ - 2nd

ppg

jamal 6th

JJ 2nd

Jamal and JJ are once again two of the top 5 sgs in the east top 6 overall guards and jamal deserves to be mentioned as a all star reserve. The only sg's anywhere near those two with a winning record within the conference with there play is Jesus of course Dwade is a starter

If I had to rank the easts guards in terms of all star deservability

Wade

Rose

Rondo

Jesus

JJ

jamal

Felton

Not saying he will get in but he certainly deserves to be considered as hes one of the top 5-6 guards in the east right now along with JJ

• Moderators

JJ has reputation going for him which is a BIG deal for All-Star games and he has much better defense than Jamal as well. On a pure offensive productivity basis, Jamal does have a similar claim to JJ but I don't think his political pull with the coaches is as high or that he has the all-around game that JJ does.

• Premium Member

I think that once you get to the coaches vote, the coaches know who they have to gameplan the hardest for. The coaches know who is the guy that usually kills them. To that end, I would say that Joe goes before anybody else. Joe is what makes this team work. As Joe goes, so goes the Hawks. Jamal has a similar claim but not as consistent. It's going to be hard for Horf and Josh to get in but I believe this is Horf's year.

Centers = Amare,Howard, Horf

Forwards = Lebron, Bosh, KG, Boozer

Gaurds = Rose, Wade, Rondo, Joe

Snubs: Felton, Granger, Smoove, Pierce.

So it will be Felton vs. Joe. Granger vs. Horf. I'm pretty Sure I'm missing somebody.

I voted for all four of our guys to make it. But obviously there is a very slim chance of that happening. I really think they all have great cases for making the team. I have also noticed that 6th men usually don't make the all star team in recent years. However, I remember back in the day it seemed that the NBA seemed to respect that role a lot more for all star consideration because Ricky Pierce made it frequently with the Bucks and I believe also with the Sonics. If I am not mistaken, Dale Ellis as well. I just don't remember in recent years any 6th man making it but I could be mistaken.

I really think Jamal should get a chance to make the team. He means a lot to us as far as changing the tempo and situation of a game. I'm guessing we wouldn't have nearly as many wins without him specially when Joe was sidelined for a couple weeks and even before that when Joe was struggling. If I had to put it in order for this year alone as to who makes the all star team it would go like this...

Horford

Jamal

Joe

Smoove

I would also love for the fan voting to be taken away. It should be coaches getting to vote the starters and players in the league getting to vote the reserves. I mean people like Yao, an aging Shaq, an aging KG, an aging Iverson, an aging Tmac, an aging Vince Carter should not make the all star team year in and year out. I mean it's not a popularity contest. PLEASE NBA, TAKE THE FAN VOTING AWAY.

I voted for all four of our guys to make it. But obviously there is a very slim chance of that happening. I really think they all have great cases for making the team. I have also noticed that 6th men usually don't make the all star team in recent years. However, I remember back in the day it seemed that the NBA seemed to respect that role a lot more for all star consideration because Ricky Pierce made it frequently with the Bucks and I believe also with the Sonics. If I am not mistaken, Dale Ellis as well. I just don't remember in recent years any 6th man making it but I could be mistaken.

I really think Jamal should get a chance to make the team. He means a lot to us as far as changing the tempo and situation of a game. I'm guessing we wouldn't have nearly as many wins without him specially when Joe was sidelined for a couple weeks and even before that when Joe was struggling. If I had to put it in order for this year alone as to who makes the all star team it would go like this...

Horford

Jamal

Joe

Smoove

I would also love for the fan voting to be taken away. It should be coaches getting to vote the starters and players in the league getting to vote the reserves. I mean people like Yao, an aging Shaq, an aging KG, an aging Iverson, an aging Tmac, an aging Vince Carter should not make the all star team year in and year out. I mean it's not a popularity contest. PLEASE NBA, TAKE THE FAN VOTING AWAY.

If the league was trying to send the right message and change the culture then yes they would get jamal in the game as a 6th man but not only that he has some of the best moves in the game with the ball . On the basis of sheer entertainment I would love to see the dribble moves he would try lol .

The league should be trying to to show the younger players that you can make the all star team if you can fulfill your role to the fullest even off the bench . I think they would have less player movement and players would try and bolt simply for a starting spots or situations like Ben Gordon in chicago where he was a fringe all star on a winning team coming off the bench in chicago but bolted to the pistons and its now like Ben who ?

Jamal should also be invited to the 3pt shootout this year and that will be an even bigger snub than the all star game .

hes gonna end up one of the best 3pt shooters in NBA history and will never have been involved in the 3pt shootout .

jamal has made 100+ threes for 7 years straight and this year will make it 8 .

Rank Player 3P

1. Reggie Miller 2560

2. Ray Allen 2533

3. Jason Kidd 1729

4. Dale Ellis 1719

5. Peja Stojakovic 1718

6. Chauncey Billups 1655

7. Rashard Lewis 1654

8. Jason Terry 1580

9. Glen Rice 1559

10. Eddie Jones 1546

11. Tim Hardaway 1542

12. Nick Van Exel 1528

13. Paul Pierce 1526

14. Steve Nash 1523

15. Michael Finley 1454

16. Mike Bibby 1429

17. Brent Barry 1395

18. Antoine Walker 1386

19. Vince Carter 1365

20. Kobe Bryant 1361

21. Dan Majerle 1360

22. Jason Richardson 1328

23. Mitch Richmond 1326

24. Allan Houston 1305

25. Terry Porter 1297

26. Mookie Blaylock 1283

27. Mike Miller 1257

28. Vernon Maxwell 1256

29. Clifford Robinson 1253

30. Baron Davis 1248

31. Jamal Crawford 1247

32. Dell Curry 1245

everyone struck out is basically out of the league or retired

everyone in green are those that have participated

everyone in red are the only ones that havent participated in a shootout.

These are the top 32 in 3pts made in NBA HISTORY

You can argue that Kidd isnt considered a shooter heck he probably would agree with you and Kobe and VC are probably considered dunkers but cmon here if not now for jamal then when ?