• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pape Sy is starting to put it together a bit

Admin

There is more to the article so click it and give them a click-through.

http://www.peachtree...03-to-the-toros

It has been a mixed bag for Pape Sy during his stint in the D-League with the Utah Flash but he could be showing signs of getting comfortable. Sy scored 15 points on 6-9 shooting while earning the start in Tuesday night's Flash loss to the Austin Toros. Sy was 1-3 from three point range, added five rebounds, and two assists. He did contribute four turnovers to Utah's total of 19 for the game.

• Admin

There is more to the article so click it and give them a click-through.

Its a big adjustment the European game to the US game. He may never be an NBA player but if he is...it is not going to happen overnight. Its good that he is getting more comfortable. I think it would be a good idea to send Jordon Crawford down to Utah too. It will give him a chance to get some PT, get comfortable and build up his confidence.

Its a big adjustment the European game to the US game. He may never be an NBA player but if he is...it is not going to happen overnight. Its good that he is getting more comfortable. I think it would be a good idea to send Jordon Crawford down to Utah too. It will give him a chance to get some PT, get comfortable and build up his confidence.

Let's send Sy to the Suns and see if they can pull another Diaw type of performance out of a french forward traded to them by the Hawks. Maybe Sy / Thomas and a couple of 1sts for Robin Lopez? Or include Nash and Jamal and really do something to make us better! Damn I'd love to add Nash and Lopez to our starting lineup!

One can dream right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'll ditto this comment

When Jeff Teague can’t even get on the floor every game and Jordan Crawford plays once a month, I can’t even begin to make myself care about Pape Sy.

Our coach is not in the business of developing players.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Admin

I'll ditto this comment

Our coach is not in the business of developing players.

We are win now. Teague should probably get some more playing time but right now he has fallen out of the rotation. He did get a shot early in the season and he was still not ready. I bet he will get another shot soon.

SY is obviously not ready for prime time. Sending him to Utah is the best thing we could do for him.

JC2 is playing behind proven NBA talent (JJ, JC and Mo). He is not going to get his PT this season with us in a win now mode. If JC leaves then he might get his shot next season. Utah would be a good idea for him too.

Let's send Sy to the Suns and see if they can pull another Diaw type of performance out of a french forward traded to them by the Hawks. Maybe Sy / Thomas and a couple of 1sts for Robin Lopez? Or include Nash and Jamal and really do something to make us better! Damn I'd love to add Nash and Lopez to our starting lineup!

One can dream right?

I wish Sy / Thomas and a couple of 1sts could get us Lopez. That would be amazing. I would do the Sy / Thomas and a couple of 1sts and Crawford for Nash/Lopez too.

We would go to the next level with Nash leading the way.

I think PHX is waiting for Nash to ask to be traded.

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

One can dream right?

the guy hasn't even played in a hawks jersey yet and your already trying to trade him. This is why I hate you and all others like you. this is his first taste of basketball in nearly half a year and we knew he was a project guy long ago, but for some reason you can't seem to wrap your feeble brain around that.

• Premium Member

the guy hasn't even played in a hawks jersey yet and your already trying to trade him. This is why I hate you and all others like you. this is his first taste of basketball in nearly half a year and we knew he was a project guy long ago, but for some reason you can't seem to wrap your feeble brain around that.

Wow. It was nice knowing you dude. :cant believe:

• Admin

Wow coming up with a trade that answers a teams needs (whether ralistic or not) for a package including a player at a position that we have a redundacy who may never be ready to play in this league is really feeble minded.

• Moderators

Okay! Well, weren't those some bon mots!

Speaking of real "feeble brains," though, for the life of me I couldn't even remember who the heck "Thomas" was. Thomas Gardner? (lol) I literally had to go look at the roster to remember. Is that pitiful or what?

I wanna see Pape string a lot more of those games together, perhaps with a few less TOs if that's not too much to ask. He's demonstrated that he shouldn't be rushed into NBA action anytime soon, but heck, that's what we've got him toiling away in Orem, Utah for. I need to let him take his time and learn. I shouldn't get any more excited about his prospects when he goes off on the Reno Bighorns than I should get disappointed when he goes bagel-for-12 with 8 turnovers.

Really, the Hawks should have like 3 or 4 Papes ballin' on that Flash squad by now, instead of the deadwood in K&G suits we like to keep on the bench here.

~lw3

terrell-owens-crying-fail-bx5l.jpg

That's my rookie, man
  • Like 3

Wow really? You definitely need to show a little more respect to me. You may not agree with my opinion but you're certainly not going to be allowed to insult me openly in the forums. If you have an issue with myself or a mod please take it up through PM.

Don't hold back, tell the guy how you really feel. :write a letter:

P.S. I'm a Dolfan Fan. :jumping11:

Flattery will get you everywhere LOL

Wow. It was nice knowing you dude. :cant believe:

Nah not for first time offenders.

Also wanted to mention that the quote below from my post with the trade proposal for Lopez was a joke reference to the JJ for Diaw/1sts trade because I absolutely wouldn't include 2 first round picks for Robin Lopez.

Let's send Sy to the Suns and see if they can pull another Diaw type of performance out of a french forward traded to them by the Hawks. Maybe Sy / Thomas and a couple of 1sts for Robin Lopez?

Now if we're talking about expanding the deal and getting Nash out of it then hell yes I'd consider the 1sts or if we were trading for Brook(s) Lopez then yeah I'd include a couple of 1sts as well, but certainly not for Robin Lopez.